Re: Bona-Trivia

What German blues artist that has played with Joe numerous times in the past just recently joined Joe on stage again at his last Fall 2015 tour stop in Germany?

I think I know (initials in ascii are 0x48 0x46), but I'll wait to see if anyone else chimes in.

As a fellow apparent tech geek, your initials are correct smile.

Champster wrote:

What German blues artist that has played with Joe numerous times in the past just recently joined Joe on stage again at his last Fall 2015 tour stop in Germany?

Well, just back from my 13th Joegig in Saarbrücken where Henrik Freischlader appeared on stage joining him at the first encore.

I remember that he joined him too at one of our evenings in Frankfurt/Jahrhunderthalle some years ago.

annaforjoe wrote:
Champster wrote:

Well, just back from my 13th Joegig in Saarbrücken where Henrik Freischlader appeared on stage joining him at the first encore.

I remember that he joined him too at one of our evenings in Frankfurt/Jahrhunderthalle some years ago.

Correct!  Your turn at a question...

Well, as a former geography student I would like to ask you a city question divided into two parts:

1.) Which is the city Joe bought those impressive red whitesoled shoes he wore a. o. at the Tour de Force: Shepherd's Bush Empire event?

2.) Tell me the city where Joe's taylor lives?

Anna Laura

You might need to change question 2 since he's recently been wearing Hugo Boss according to the Radio City Music Hall DVD

Thanks Natasha for the hint! Like always you are better informed than an ordinary JBfan like me.

Now the correction of my second question:

2.) Tell me the foreign city (seen from Europe) where Joe`s taylor from former times lived (before he changed being dressed up in
     Hugo Boss clothing)

Hope, it`s now correct, Natasha...

Anna Laura

Yes, correct answers go to ... Jane aka Ms. BOAMEGAMETAL.

The Home of Joe`s Red Shoes is our capital of Baden -  Württemberg: S t u t t g a r t, slang: Stuugart!

It`s your turn, my dear...

190 (edited by Lester 2015-10-28 10:59:09)

The only support act I ever saw for Joe was Crosby Loggins on the Sloe Gin tour.
I have a feeling this was nearer 2009 than 2007.

Lester..

Hi Jane - I have two possible answers but I think it might be Nick Harper, or at least I think I remember Nick opening for Joe during the 2007 tour.  I don't have a trivia question in return so even if I'm correct I'll pass the baton back to you.

OK, sadly Joe has been forced to cancel tonight due to illness.

Question is...

When and where did Joe last cancel two shows in the UK due to illness?
I will take the year and towns concerned rather than exact dates and venues.

Lester...

Jane H. wrote:
Lester wrote:

The only support act I ever saw for Joe was Crosby Loggins on the Sloe Gin tour.
I have a feeling this was nearer 2009 than 2007.

Lester..

That's it Lester! it was 2007, don't recall exact dates, may have gone into 08 but was definitely not 09
I believe i got to see 2 or 3 shows with him and got to meet him. good music, not exactly same vibe as Joe's but anyhoo, i also got to meet and talk to him after a show or so. Nice guy, not sure what he has been up to lately.
here is a fav song from him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR3pPK5Ar6s

I am also curious if J&R has released any other artists stuff. not that I am aware of but honestly have no idea.
I'm not familiar with Nick Harper either, I am thinking it was a one or two off overseas thing?

next question please smile

Crosby Loggins sure is a great guy. During that period, there was an ad showing Joe appearing at a local record store in downtown Chicago. It was near my office, so I showed up at the scheduled time...only to find out it was Joe's opener that night: Crosby Loggins. Not a lot of people there, so we had a chance to talk for a while...then again at the show the next night. You may remember he appeared on the TV show "Rock the Cradle" in 2008. It was a musical contest among offspring of famous musicians(?). I believe that was the end of his stint opening for Joe.

As I recall, he came in 2nd:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217903/ful … cl_sm#cast

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Well, found it via google:

- Blackpool 2011: Oct, 15 - Opera House,

- Nottingham 2011: Oct, 16 - Capital FM Arena.

annaforjoe wrote:

Well, found it via google:

- Blackpool 2011: Oct, 15 - Opera House,

- Nottingham 2011: Oct, 16 - Capital FM Arena.

That is correct, feel free to post a question but if you don't want to, then just say .

Lester...

Thanks, Lester. Here we go:

Please tell me two Jimi Hendrix`songs which were covered by Joe.

(Should there be another one in your opinion? If yes, which one? - Feel free to answer or not...)

Anna Laura

annaforjoe wrote:

Thanks, Lester. Here we go:

Please tell me two Jimi Hendrix`songs which were covered by Joe.

(Should there be another one in your opinion? If yes, which one? - Feel free to answer or not...)

Anna Laura

I'll take a stab at this one...

Hey Baby

Are you experienced

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Rusty, you got it!

Now it's your turn...