Topic: Hello from Ottumwa, IA

Hey guys, my name's Andrew, nice to meet you all. I'm 20 years old and in college.

I started listening to Joe's music around ~2013, when my dad found his performance of FOUTR with Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall. Immediately got into this guy. I always liked blues artists that have a bit of a harder rock edge, like Buddy Guy post-80's and Gary Moore. My first taste of "new" Joe was of course Different Shades of Blue. In my opinion, this is one of his best albums, if not the best. A neat little Hendrix intro into an album of all original material, something that I'm always excited to see from blues artists. The first album I listened to from Joe was Dust Bowl, and I worked my way backwards from there. My favorite Bonamassa tune is probably Story of a Quarryman.

My favorite band of all time has got to be Rush (sorry Joe! These guys are the best!) If you're into them as well you can usually find me on therushforum.com under the same username.

Other bands I enjoy listening to are Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Buddy Guy, and Gary Clark Jr., though these are just some of my favorites.

Joe, if you're reading this, come play in the barren wasteland of Iowa sometime and stop tempting me to drive 6 hours to Chicago! lol

Looking forward to becoming an active part of this community!

NEVAH GIVE ALL YO HEAAART FO LOOOOOOVE

Re: Hello from Ottumwa, IA

BowlCity wrote:

Hey guys, my name's Andrew, nice to meet you all. I'm 20 years old and in college.

I started listening to Joe's music around ~2013, when my dad found his performance of FOUTR with Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall. Immediately got into this guy. I always liked blues artists that have a bit of a harder rock edge, like Buddy Guy post-80's and Gary Moore. My first taste of "new" Joe was of course Different Shades of Blue. In my opinion, this is one of his best albums, if not the best. A neat little Hendrix intro into an album of all original material, something that I'm always excited to see from blues artists. The first album I listened to from Joe was Dust Bowl, and I worked my way backwards from there. My favorite Bonamassa tune is probably Story of a Quarryman.

My favorite band of all time has got to be Rush (sorry Joe! These guys are the best!) If you're into them as well you can usually find me on therushforum.com under the same username.

Other bands I enjoy listening to are Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Buddy Guy, and Gary Clark Jr., though these are just some of my favorites.

Joe, if you're reading this, come play in the barren wasteland of Iowa sometime and stop tempting me to drive 6 hours to Chicago! lol

Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum many awesome people here.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome Andrew. Looking forward to your input here.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

First of all your profile picture...yes. lol cool

Second of all, welcome! Lots of great info and people here!

P.S. Rush Rules! \m/

Nice to see the youth of America discovering Joe and his awesomeness...Many of us enjoy classic Rock as well...Gary Moore fan shows excellent taste

Murfdog

Welcome from the UK also. I agree, nice to see a younger element joining the ever widening fan base. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hi
Welcome to the group

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi and welcome to this place

Hi Andrew,

Fellow Iowan here, originally from Mt. Pleasant, so I am very familiar with Ottumwa.   If my calculations are correct Joe should be in our fair state next year.  He usually does Des Moines and Davenport every other year.  We'll hope that the past trends continue!
Welcome!         smile pattyluvsjoe cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Nice to have you here, Andrew!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the forum Andrew!

RAH would be an awesome JB introduction

Enjoy the topics!

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

BowlCity wrote:

Haha...welcome to the forum Andrew. I'm chuckling because of all the times I've made the drive from Chicago to see Joe play in Iowa! Davenport multiple times, Iowa City, Des Moines (multiple times) and I think I'm missing one. Anyway, the longest drive was only 5 hours, but definitely worth it!
BTW, my wife LOVES Quarryman too...it's probably her 2nd favorite of Joe's songs (behind Mountain Time).
Some of us got to see Joe play that twice at the same show!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome from Germany near Heidelberg:
Enjoy the topics.
Anna Laura