Topic: Joe in Pistoia Italy

I was able to see Joe in his first Italian show right after he left NSJ. In fact they arrived at 19.30, a little late, but fortunately Joe Cocker was so kind to switch and swap his slot for Joe B. He gave a solid show based on his most known songs. Strong performance. Joe B blasted away whoever stayed after the other Joe C and there were a lot. Tired from the trip? I don't think so, incredible performance, unique atmosphere in the medieval centre of Pistoia under the Duomo. New songs, an incredible version of Just got payed today, Mountain time as sensitive and strong as I have never heard before (still my live favorite) and the solo ending of the old Genesis song The Squonk, Steve Hacket must be proud.

This show was extra special because I was able to see this on my way back from Taranto in the deep south of Italy, where my 2000 km vintage motorbike rally ended. I managed to win this years rally which is extraordinary in Italy (rule 1: an Italian wins). You can imagine my feelings at the moment. Used a modern bike to return to Holland where I am now after 4500 km in 9 days. I was very happy to STAND in front of the stage, you can imagine.

Up to the Paradiso concert where I hope to meet the other Dutch forum fanatics and the Joe B Band. It must be possible to arrange something with these guys.

Greets, Eric

Re: Joe in Pistoia Italy

Eric, you must had a grand time in Italy..... winning the race.....BRAVO....... and seeing Joe play in Pistoia ...he must have made new fans there if he played as good as you say.... he definatly did at NSJ.....let my mother listen and see the Mountain Time guitar solo from NSJ. ..... she said he is different....he is good isn't he ....and i said YES......!!!!
Thanks for your review....

Hey Eric, glad Joe C. worked it out with Joe and the show rocked!  That's cool about the winning the vintage motorcyle race...

Music is good for the Soul...

Though she was born a long , long time ago, your mother should know, your mother should know...

Annelies wrote:

Eric, you must had a grand time in Italy..... winning the race.....BRAVO....... and seeing Joe play in Pistoia ...he must have made new fans there if he played as good as you say.... he definatly did at NSJ.....let my mother listen and see the Mountain Time guitar solo from NSJ. ..... she said he is different....he is good isn't he ....and i said YES......!!!!
Thanks for your review....

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”