Topic: North Sea Jazzfestival 2007

Hi,

Just back home after spending the night at Marianne's house....took me hours as lighting struck and no trains on some tracks... this also happend to me last week returning from Bospop lighting in one of the trains and it took me 4 trains to get home..... glowing i am from enery after two shows... so much.... that even thunder and lighting can't leave me alone....
What a great evening it was Joe and co. playing in the biggest venue of the festival and the whole concert filmed and could be seen on big screens[even my face turned up] all over the festival..... and also some songs on the National tv [Andre i like a copy].....
Joe played an impressive set...and this time we could hear Rick play and sing ........to my opinion it's a stronger band now and Joe has a backup so he can move around more in his playing......some songs are put on Youtube by Marianne so you get an idea what it was like.....seen a lott of Joe cd's sold at the little cd store they made ......Joe's name is put on the map for sure.....
Joe enjoy the Italian Festivals and the food/drink.... sure you love it there...see you soon........

Annelies

Re: North Sea Jazzfestival 2007

Annelies, Glad you had such a good time after the earlier disappointment! Thunder and Lightening, now that's some powerful stuff. Electric performances for sure. Thanks for sharing, Cathy

3 (edited by Marianne 2007-07-15 14:39:12)

We had another great time again last night seeing Joe and the guys play.
Sound was perfect and a lot of people liked him.Offcourse me and Annelies where in the front again this time(where else wink  ). Only we stood in front of Carmine instead of Joe last night.
In the beginning when Joe started there were some people behind me who read his name from the timetable and didn't know who he was. After 2 songs they had a great time and stayed the entire gig. I think he made a lot of (new)fans last night.
The stage was big,but we could see him play just perfectly.
Can't get enough of Sloe Gin, really a great song.
Now we have to wait 2 more weeks and gonna travel along with Michael to See Joe play in England.Gonna have a great time over there again.
I did already put my video's on Youtube and made a link in the section Cool Pictures.

Here is a link where you can hear a couple of songs from the recordings at NSJ from the official site, and view some pictures just click on the audio for the songs (you have to have windows media player) : http://sites.nps.nl/jerome/index.cfm/si … cache=true

Greetz

Thanks for the reviews ladies.  It sounds like a fantastic time.

Annalies or Marianne, do you know how many were in attendance.  I went to the NSJ website but could just figure out the pictures!   Glad you guys got home ok...

Music is good for the Soul...

6 (edited by Annelies 2007-07-16 13:56:13)

David, about 2500/3000 people is my quess!
Funny think was that during one song Joe pick up a camera or cellphone and made a photo of the audience!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8vo-zLfJc

That roving camera would drive me crazy if I was right in front of me.  The stage looked very impressive, great solo too!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Oh Love the youtube clip of Joe doing Sloe Gin
Ive been gooing eround wrk all week singing Im so dam lonely Think Im gonna die.
god its that good its challenging Mountain Time as my top- 20 records of all time.
Joe is going to be massive

Regards Ian