37 (edited by norton 2015-02-06 12:24:31)

Re: 3 Kings Pre-Sale Codes August 2015

cindyron wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:
RickB wrote:

It's getting to the point of caving to the resellers for great seats since the chance of a great seat in presale are slim to nil. I just checked and great row 6 center here are only $30 more than the row 16 side I settled for after wasting hours waiting for the presale to open and seeing a huge pileup. I dropped $400 in billable time for that? hmm
Rick

The LiveNation and Facebook Pre-sales today (Friday 2/6 10am) didn't open up anything new.  Nothing in the top $ tier ... only sides - mid rear (for Camden, NJ)  Ebay not showing much in the Center at this point either (Camden) ... guess all will be revealed tomorrow. smile

i fear scalpers got the best

Me too. I plan to look tomorrow but am not optimistic.

38 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-02-06 14:29:40)

norton wrote:
cindyron wrote:

i fear scalpers got the best

Me too. I plan to look tomorrow but am not optimistic.

The LiveNation and Facebook Pre-sales today (Friday 2/6 10am) didn't open up anything new.  Nothing in the top $ tier ... only sides - mid rear (for Camden, NJ)  Ebay not showing much in the Center at this point either (Camden) ... guess all will be revealed tomorrow. smile

Edit:  But the Hub ... (a sub of ebay I still believe) is loading up with good seats down front in Camden by the hour.  :fp

Just another sign Joe has "made it" ... although the tks are frustrating ... another congrats to Joe!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

39 (edited by almico 2015-02-07 07:42:58)

"Great seats" depends on what you are going for...to watch, or to listen. The sound is never the best from the front rows. Depending on the venue, best seats are usually 50-60% towards the rear.

With the modern line array junk we use for speakers these days hanging from the ceiling, balcony seats typically have better sound then the floor.

almico wrote:

"Great seats" depends on what you are going for...to watch, or to listen. The sound is never the best from the front rows. Depending on the venue, best seats are usually 50-60% towards the rear.

With the modern line array junk we use for speakers these days hanging from the ceiling, balcony seats typically have better sound then the floor.

To a certain extent that is true.  I'm sure we have all been to concerts where the volume level required the distance or to get the sound quality you needed to be further back.  Speaking for myself though, seeing the artist is number one on my list with hearing them an extremely close second.  So my priority for seats will always be vantage point.  I am a "wanna be" guitar player, when I look back at the concerts I have been to, easily 90% where because of their guitar player(s).  Darn right I want to hear Joe play live...but for me I want to see him play live too, without squinting.   smile

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

41 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-02-07 10:45:00)

norton wrote:

I plan to look tomorrow but am not optimistic.

Regular sale in Camden today (Sat 2/7) was more of the same out of the gate ... sides ... mid way back in the section.  Mostly just singles were coming up for P1 in rear center section (with an occasional near by pair.)  Good luck with your venue.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

MINI_Zoso wrote:

To a certain extent that is true.  I'm sure we have all been to concerts where the volume level required the distance or to get the sound quality you needed to be further back.  Speaking for myself though, seeing the artist is number one on my list with hearing them an extremely close second.  So my priority for seats will always be vantage point.  I am a "wanna be" guitar player, when I look back at the concerts I have been to, easily 90% where because of their guitar player(s).  Darn right I want to hear Joe play live...but for me I want to see him play live too, without squinting.   smile

And I'm the exact opposite. For me, less than stellar sound ruins the concert experience. I can always bring binoculars for a closer view, or in my case, a telephoto camera lens. But there is nothing I can do if my seat is in a bad spot acoustically.

Good acoustics has little to do with volume. It's all about how the sound system reacts with the room.

My living room is a great example. I have nice old Altec VOTT A5 speakers, with Crown-based subs and very nuanced, current rich tube amplifiers. Everything is positioned so I get all the sound right at my listening chair. It always astounds me when I get up to get a snack, there is a spot in my LR where any frequencies lower than 60Hz are completely cancelled out and the base just disappears. I know it's there, but for the life of me, I can't hear it from that spot. If I move the speakers a little one way or the other, it comes back in that spot and goes away in another.

If you see a picture of a well designed audio room, the speakers are away from the front wall and away from the side walls. The listening chair is about equidistant from the speakers to the rear wall; never close to the speakers. The sound needs an opportunity to fill the space before it gets to our ears. If it gets there too early from the front then the bounceback from the rear conflicts.

That's why sound engineers and professional recording equipment are usually in the middle of the room.

The point is, if you're sitting in the middle of the venue, at least be comforted that you have the best chance of getting the best sonic experience.

almico wrote:
MINI_Zoso wrote:

And I'm the exact opposite. For me, less than stellar sound ruins the concert experience. I can always bring binoculars for a closer view, or in my case, a telephoto camera lens. But there is nothing I can do if my seat is in a bad spot acoustically.

Good acoustics has little to do with volume. It's all about how the sound system reacts with the room.

My living room is a great example. I have nice old Altec VOTT A5 speakers, with Crown-based subs and very nuanced, current rich tube amplifiers. Everything is positioned so I get all the sound right at my listening chair. It always astounds me when I get up to get a snack, there is a spot in my LR where any frequencies lower than 60Hz are completely cancelled out and the base just disappears. I know it's there, but for the life of me, I can't hear it from that spot. If I move the speakers a little one way or the other, it comes back in that spot and goes away in another.

If you see a picture of a well designed audio room, the speakers are away from the front wall and away from the side walls. The listening chair is about equidistant from the speakers to the rear wall; never close to the speakers. The sound needs an opportunity to fill the space before it gets to our ears. If it gets there too early from the front then the bounceback from the rear conflicts.

That's why sound engineers and professional recording equipment are usually in the middle of the room.

The point is, if you're sitting in the middle of the venue, at least be comforted that you have the best chance of getting the best sonic experience.

Outdoors can be the best room you will ever hear. Very little to cause phase cancellation of any frequencies. Todays line array systems are great for covering arenas, theaters and amphitheaters but they can have limits to their coverage up close to the stage and there you have to rely on the front fills. Audio engineers are reluctant to spray 100db at the front row from the fills lying on the stage. That is what it takes to get the vocals and the guitar over the stage volume. So you do trade sound for sight up close. That is what concert going is all about to me. I want to be ACAP as close as possible. I don't have to have front row but I want to be no further than 20 rows back or I don't even want to go to most shows. I have seen Joe enough I bend those rules cause I have been up close enough times that I really enjoy the listening from closer to the mix position. I want to hear what the FOH hears. I also want to be close enough to tell him more cow bell please.

We'll be there as well, Nic.  Row DD in Plaza A... close enough, but at an extreme angle.

We've never been to that venue... have read some good & some bad reviews.  No codes used; just jumped into etix site with the opening of general sale on Saturday.   

We had considered another fly-in trip (like we did for Red Rocks' "Muddy Wolf" show)... either one of the California venues, SLC or a return to Denver.  But the Ohio show will be an excuse to take a nice August weekend road trip in the 981 roadster, instead!

BTW, we will be flying in to see the CHICAGO concert in April.  Who else will be there?!?

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Got my tickets for JOE-HIO!
Dayton row GG!  Who else is gonna be there?

MINI_Zoso wrote:
almico wrote:

I agree....in Youngstown we were close enough to watch Joe's hands in action, and it is damn mesmerizing  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

46 (edited by almico 2015-02-09 17:34:49)

Always gotta know...

what's you next cuppa Joe.

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 … fwjhu5.jpg