Re: Davy Knowles

I'm going to Biscuits and Blues tomorrow to see him in S.F.......

pat6put6man wrote:

Have a great time!

Davy's new album "Three Miles From Avalon" is now available for preorder. He's offering it in vinyl as well as cd and digital download. Lots of cool other items for sale as well. Nice video talking about the recording of the new album. check it out here:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thr … m=activity

39 (edited by Wooders 2016-06-16 04:50:27)

pat6put6man wrote:

Have a great time. Davy's a lovely guy so try to catch him for a chat if he has time.

Make sure you look out for and say "Hello" to our dear Forum member, Kenny, who's on vacation in California this week. Like me, he's around 5'7", but with fair hair and a Scottish accent. You'll recognise him as he'll have a beer in his hand. lol

Say "Hi" from me.
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:
pat6put6man wrote:

Have a great time. Davy's a lovely guy so try to catch him for a chat if he has time.

Make sure you look out for and say "Hello" to our dear Forum member, Kenny, who's on vacation in California this week. Like me, he's around 5'7", but with fair hair and a Scottish accent. You'll recognise him as he'll have a beer in his hand. lol

Say "Hi" from me.
Phil

It happened Phil - we were at the next table. Great gig. Falling Apart and Coming up for air were the highlights. Good to meet Pat & Co.

It was all our pleasure....my friend Max really enjoyed talking to you Kenny....until we cross paths again, and don't lose too much in Vegas....

saw him on the cruise. Good player but not my style. But then again I should check him out again I mean he was up against some incredible players on the cruise

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Great time, Davy puts on a good show....the kids gained 30 lbs since the last time seing him......humble and kind as ever

Saw Davy last Thursday in SF and enjoyed the show immensely after not seeing him for almost 5 years. The current band works very well with Davy. Good to see some faces I haven't seen in a while as well. Last night however we all took it to another level, about 6200'. Davy played the Tuesdays Bluesdays Series in the Village @ Squaw Valley just outside Lake Tahoe. Aside from an equipment glitch with his acoustic set up which killed his solo acoustic part of the show, the place was absolutely rockin'. I was hangin' with Davy and the band for a bit after they loaded out and they all agreed this was a wilder gig and crowd than they had encountered so far on the tour. Honestly I've never seen so many people dancin' their butts off to his music before either. There were a lot of tourists there and many I spoke to had never heard of him, but were very happy they knew him now. Well he took NorCal by storm as he has many times before and I pleaded with him not to be such a stranger.

Gonna Buy Me A Bulldog!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Shredit wrote:

Great time, Davy puts on a good show....the kids gained 30 lbs since the last time seing him......humble and kind as ever

Shreddy, its been 10 years already since we first saw him in SF. I asked him last night, Davy are you about 27 now? He said no 29. Time flies when yer bluesrockin' out! Met a couple from Penryn who saw him Saturday in Orangevale and they said they couldn't believe the small turnout for a Blues & Brews Festival. What was yer take on it?

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

We are up to see him at The Mint in LA tomorrow. Making the drive up and really looking forward to it since I've had him in my sights for years.  Same small club where Dean and I saw Joe host the Bluesmasters finals and then debut with Derek on keys before that tour.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shreddy, its been 10 years already since we first saw him in SF. I asked him last night, Davy are you about 27 now? He said no 29. Time flies when yer bluesrockin' out! Met a couple from Penryn who saw him Saturday in Orangevale and they said they couldn't believe the small turnout for a Blues & Brews Festival. What was yer take on it?

The crowd was maybe 150 when Davy went on, it was embarrasing to be honest.....Stoney Curtis was a monster!......maybe they have another, but with no advertising, they wont survive

After all these years, a check mark on the list. He's a monster player. Acoustics not too hot last night as the bass was way too loud and much of his set had his lead not cutting through, though it seemed to improve after a few songs. House provided sound man. There were 8 of the BonaSpuds in attendance, totally random that we all showed up to see the show and we all were enjoying the hang. A guy standing by our corner booth remarked to me that he'd been a regular for 12 years at The Mint and it was the best show by far in his memory. Rolled in to home after the long drive back at 330 am. Knackered and happy.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

After all these years, a check mark on the list. He's a monster player. Acoustics not too hot last night as the bass was way too loud and much of his set had his lead not cutting through, though it seemed to improve after a few songs. House provided sound man. There were 8 of the BonaSpuds in attendance, totally random that we all showed up to see the show and we all were enjoying the hang. A guy standing by our corner booth remarked to me that he'd been a regular for 12 years at The Mint and it was the best show by far in his memory. Rolled in to home after the long drive back at 330 am. Knackered and happy.
Rick

Davy was at the mercy of a local sound guy in Squaw and probably what killed off the acoustic set. Thank God Biscuits & Blues in SF has a very capable sound tech and system, cuz I was really looking forward to that acoustic set again!

But There's Nobody There!

J Dawg

50 (edited by pat6put6man 2016-07-02 22:03:07)

I was at B and B for Davey and though the sound was good on his acoustic songs, in my opinion, they were the weakest portion of his show....personal preferences play a huge role in my assessment...I LOVE TO ROCK.....

pat6put6man wrote:

I was at B and B for Davey and though the sound was good on his acoustic songs, in my opinion, they were the weakest portion of his show....personal preferences play a huge role in my assessment...I LOVE TO ROCK.....

I hear ya, we all have our preferences. A little past Davy trivia though. In 2009 Jeff Beck tapped Davy to open for him as a solo acoustic act. Saw that at The Fox in Oakland, last time I caught Jeff with Tai on bass. Wish I had known you were at Biscuits, coulda put a face with the Forum name.

J Dawg

ohiodawg13 wrote:
pat6put6man wrote:

I hear ya, we all have our preferences. A little past Davy trivia though. In 2009 Jeff Beck tapped Davy to open for him as a solo acoustic act. Saw that at The Fox in Oakland, last time I caught Jeff with Tai on bass. Wish I had known you were at Biscuits, coulda put a face with the Forum name.

J Dawg

I was there as well on holiday, at the table next to Pat. Also saw Tom Petty's Mudcrutch at the Fox. Great theatre.

Kenny wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
pat6put6man wrote:

J Dawg

I was there as well on holiday, at the table next to Pat. Also saw Tom Petty's Mudcrutch at the Fox. Great theatre.

Sorry we missed meeting Dawg but I'm sure our paths will cross many times in the future....are you going to see Matt Schofield in Auburn?.. BTW, Kenny, I saw the picture Natasha posted of you wearing your Mudcrutch t-shirt in Greenwich...

pat6put6man wrote:
Kenny wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

J Dawg

Sorry we missed meeting Dawg but I'm sure our paths will cross many times in the future....are you going to see Matt Schofield in Auburn?.. BTW, Kenny, I saw the picture Natasha posted of you wearing your Mudcrutch t-shirt in Greenwich...

Not going to Auburn, yet, but I have tix for the 4th at The Sweetwater in Mill Valley. General Admission with seating, music to my ears!

J Dawg