Re: How's the Weather Where You Are?

RickB wrote:

I feel for you folks. This is our best time of year. Nature's air compressor starts up when we have a high over the 4 corners area to the east and the wind is forced through the mountain passes. Clear, dry hot wind and mid 80's for the next few days. The beaches are packed and you can see for miles. Not a cloud in the sky. Santa ana conditions! smile
Rick

Ok my man, first all the extra Joe shows and now 80 degree weather and it is going be well  below Zero here tonight.So time to set up a bona refugee camp in Cali for poor northern folks!
Unfortunately too frozen to travel lol!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

A frosty -10F when I left this morning...wind chill at -28F.
I take solace in the fact that March is only a week and a half away...although March can have its share of brutal weather, to me, it signifies the home stretch of winter.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

A frosty -10F when I left this morning...wind chill at -28F.
I take solace in the fact that March is only a week and a half away...although March can have its share of brutal weather, to me, it signifies the home stretch of winter.

I agree, Bill. Counting the days until February is gone!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

-8 F, wind chill is mid -20's...

supposed to get colder tomorrow around detroit.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

- 30 actual temp this morning when I got up. High never broke the zero barrier, that's 2 days in a row now. High temp on Mars was warmer than Northern Wisconsins high for the last 2 days. 49 days till the Masters.

cold, dark and wet

97 (edited by Rusty 2015-02-20 10:42:39)

The temperature doubled on my ride to work this morning. It was two degrees when I left home, and four when I got to work. It hasn't been above freezing in about two weeks.
Spring cant come soon enough!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Dipped down to 32' F this morning - but I still rode my bicycle to work!  Just another day.  I have gloves, so not a big deal.  This is about as cold as it gets in Orlando, maybe dips under freezing for a couple days a year.  After growing up in Wisconsin and living in Chicago for 10 years, this is not bad.

ZeyerGTR wrote:

Dipped down to 32' F this morning - but I still rode my bicycle to work!  Just another day.  I have gloves, so not a big deal.  This is about as cold as it gets in Orlando, maybe dips under freezing for a couple days a year.  After growing up in Wisconsin and living in Chicago for 10 years, this is not bad.

I lived in Orlando for about two years, I dont think it ever got below 45 degrees while I was there.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

3-4 inches of fresh snow, temps are looking good for the Birke tomorrow, largest Xc ski race in North America. I think they have about ten thousand skiers this year.

101 (edited by dknight16 2015-02-20 18:33:07)

-20 degrees this morning on the way to work.  A new "personal best" for me - ever.  The truck (especially the trans) did not like it one bit.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

sniff wrote:

- 30 actual temp this morning when I got up. High never broke the zero barrier, that's 2 days in a row now. High temp on Mars was warmer than Northern Wisconsins high for the last 2 days. 49 days till the Masters.

Ok, you win! Lol. THAT is cold!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
sniff wrote:

Ok, you win! Lol. THAT is cold!

I don't want to win !

-6 this morning. Its expected to get above freezing tomorrow, the first time in almost three weeks

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Snow-ice-Rain-Snow-Ice-Rain-Snow....NO SUN.....A very gloomy/bad Winter

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

woke up to another half foot of snow

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

-25 actual temp with a wind chill advisory, this crap is getting really old really fast.

Aaaaaand... we're right back up to pushing 80 degrees (I think we hit 78 yesterday).