Topic: Old Army guy in NE Oregon...

Have followed the forum for quite some time...finally took the two minutes required to register.  Just an old Army guy retired in NE Oregon...  huge JoeB fan.  Even now own one of the Jim Kelley FACS amps from his collection.  I am sure I will be playing as well as Joe in no time...lol.

Re: Old Army guy in NE Oregon...

Welcome Colonel, glad to have you here. And on this veterans day let me say Thank You for your service.

Cheers

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Yes sir welcome and thank you for your sacrifice
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!!  Happy Veterans Day to you...and all of our service men and women who serve and have served our country!!

Hello and welcome!! Thank you for your service smile

Hi welcome to the forum......Happy Veteran's Day as well....

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on this 'Veteran's Day'.  I can assure each of you that they are appreciated;  I was not fishing for the nice comments...  I consider it a privilege to have served our great nation.  I always pause on this day to remember those that were not as fortunate as I...those severely wounded or to never see their beloved nation or loved ones again.  Those are the true American heroes. 
   Thanks, again...  Warm Regards to all..     Steve.

Welcome to the Forum ...  and thank you as well for the ultimate service on behalf of the United States of America.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Welcome to the family Colonel!

Enjoy the topics .. and thank u Sir .. we often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome, Colonel!  You are in the right place, nice to have you here.

Happy Veteran's Day.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome from the Oregon street team known as the Murfdog...Salem Oregon...look forward to chatting and hopefully seeing you at the northwest shows...Gotta fill up those venues for Joe!!...Oh...and of course...Happy Veterans Day !!!

Murfdog

Hi and welcome.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome  and  good luck with the playing.   How did you find Joe and have you seen him live?

wvgirlinky wrote:

Welcome  and  good luck with the playing.   How did you find Joe and have you seen him live?

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Wish I could tell you that Joe and I are old buddies from way back...the truth is I found the Jim Kelley FACS amp thru Holy Grail Guitars...the owner, Mat is a good friend of Joe's and talks to him almost daily.  Joe has been thinning out his collection since just acquiring 'The Claw'....and Mat has been acting as the agent for Joe.   I have been a huge Jim Kelley amp fan since the early 80's...and I know that Joe has great respect for JK and has a number of amps in his collection.  I just got lucky to find this one from his personal stash...  it was used for some recording and on some videos with Beth Hart.  So I feel blessed to have the amp...now, I am sure I will play just like Joe..  yeah, right!!
   I have seen Joe live a couple times in the Northwest...I have been a huge fan of his for quite some time.  Being 67 years old, I remember him as just a kid..  a savant guitarist even then... as we all know.
   I intend to see him this May in Portland, Or..  Gonna' have to meet up with 'Murfdog' and maybe have a couple adult beverages before the concert.   Mat has also promised me a 'Meet and Greet'...  so how can I pass that up?!

Thanks, again...    Steve

murfdog wrote:

Welcome from the Oregon street team known as the Murfdog...Salem Oregon...look forward to chatting and hopefully seeing you at the northwest shows...Gotta fill up those venues for Joe!!...Oh...and of course...Happy Veterans Day !!!

Hey, Murfdog...  thanks for the kind words.  I am going to try and make one of the NW May shows....most likely Portland...I have a son who  is a paramedic down your way, so it would be a good way to combine a visit with the concert.   The gentleman thru whom I bought one of Joe's Jim Kelley FACS amps has offered a 'meet and greet'...  kind of hard to turn that down..  of course, I would attend without it, but it would be a nice 'perk'.
   If it works out, maybe meet for an adult beverage before the gig...   

Thanks, again for the warm welcome to the forum...  Steve.

Retired_Colonel wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome.  Wish I could tell you that Joe and I are old buddies from way back...the truth is I found the Jim Kelley FACS amp thru Holy Grail Guitars...the owner, Mat is a good friend of Joe's and talks to him almost daily.  Joe has been thinning out his collection since just acquiring 'The Claw'....and Mat has been acting as the agent for Joe.   I have been a huge Jim Kelley amp fan since the early 80's...and I know that Joe has great respect for JK and has a number of amps in his collection.  I just got lucky to find this one from his personal stash...  it was used for some recording and on some videos with Beth Hart.  So I feel blessed to have the amp...now, I am sure I will play just like Joe..  yeah, right!!
   I have seen Joe live a couple times in the Northwest...I have been a huge fan of his for quite some time.  Being 67 years old, I remember him as just a kid..  a savant guitarist even then... as we all know.
   I intend to see him this May in Portland, Or..  Gonna' have to meet up with 'Murfdog' and maybe have a couple adult beverages before the concert.   Mat has also promised me a 'Meet and Greet'...  so how can I pass that up?!

congrats with the amp I have a couple they are awesome. I saw that on ebay glade to see you got it cheers RON

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Yep, that's the one!!  I also have an '83 JK Koa Single Channel.  However....  in order to fund the JoeB FACS, I have been advised by the boss that I must balance the books..so I will be (sadly) selling the JK single channel.  Technically, I could afford to keep both, but I have learned over the last 25 years that 'happy wife = happy life'.  She is a doll otherwise, but doesn't necessarily understand our affliction..  lol.   

cindyron wrote:
Retired_Colonel wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

congrats with the amp I have a couple they are awesome. I saw that on ebay glade to see you got it cheers RON

Welcome to the forum Colonel...and as others have said already, thanks so much for your service.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"