55 (edited by bobkatmsu 2014-10-02 18:25:47)

Re: Different Shades of Blue Bonus Tracks

Jesse wrote:

How in hell did Black Irish Eyes not make the original cut?! Probably my favorite tune haha, I love that country-ish/boogie chord play and groove. The double vocals, the mix is brilliant, piano, clear bass.

Jesse, I am with you.  Kevin Shirley is the professional and I have great admiration for his ability and what he has accomplished with Joe.   BUT, (and you knew this was coming) are you out of your freaking mind?  Black Irish Eyes, is phenomenal.  Please and I mean PLEASE, work this song in to the live show.  I know every ones taste is different, some songs hit differently for some people.  Black Irish Eyes hits me perfectly.  I guess, in the long run, it just shows that even Joe's throw-a-ways, are some of the best music I have ever heard.  Congratulations, Joe and Kevin.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:
Jesse wrote:

How in hell did Black Irish Eyes not make the original cut?! Probably my favorite tune haha, I love that country-ish/boogie chord play and groove. The double vocals, the mix is brilliant, piano, clear bass.

Jesse, I am with you.  Kevin Shirley is the professional and I have great admiration for his ability and what he has accomplished with Joe.   BUT, (and you knew this was coming) are you out of your freaking mind?  Black Irish Eyes, is phenomenal.  Please and I mean PLEASE, work this song in to the live show.  I know every ones taste is different, some songs hit differently for some people.  Black Irish Eyes hits me perfectly.  I guess, in the long run, it just shows that even Joe's throw-a-ways, are some of the best music I have ever heard.  Congratulations, Joe and Kevin.

This is why I had begged to ask the question of how many scrapped tracks could be packaged as an album.Bet there may be some gold nuggets lying around somewhere.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

cindyron wrote:
Buzzy wrote:

Thank you Joe!

Just got the bonus tracks via email.

Anyone who snagged the pre-sale and ordered early ..

Check ur emails folks ..

Thanks again J & R  cool

Nothing in my mail

Same here Ron. We didn't get an email either.

Nothing here either. Oh well, I got the bestbuy too.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

59 (edited by Jesse 2014-10-03 10:02:30)

Anyone that hasn't gotten their bonus tracks yet. Send me a pm with your e-mail adress and I'll get them to you within the hour wink

Got the email last night.  Very cool gesture by J&R Adventures, and one more reason Joe and his team are tops!

Jesse wrote:

Anyone that hasn't gotten their bonus tracks yet. Send me a pm with your e-mail adress and I'll get them to you within the hour wink

We don't need them since I bought the Best Buy cd. I responded to Ron to let him know he wasn't the only one. I was also just kind of curious who else hadn't received them. J&R are no doubt very busy trying to get them out there to everyone and are also dealing with shipping out all the street team cards as well since the Fall US tour is coming up. Busy time for them.

nmagcorn wrote:

e I bought the Best Buy cd. I responded to Ron to let him know he wasn't the only one. I was also just kind of curious who else hadn't received them. J&R are no doubt very busy trying to get them out there to everyone and are also dealing with shipping out all the street team cards as well since the Fall US tour is coming

well ok

Jesse wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

e I bought the Best Buy cd. I responded to Ron to let him know he wasn't the only one. I was also just kind of curious who else hadn't received them. J&R are no doubt very busy trying to get them out there to everyone and are also dealing with shipping out all the street team cards as well since the Fall US tour is coming

well ok

Thanks for offering, though. That was nice of you to do that smile Maybe someone else will take you up on it.

Can I ask if I brought the cd from amazon.co.uk will I get the tracks or do people outside the US miss out. Please Joe show some love to the rest of your fans.

RVD26 wrote:

Can I ask if I brought the cd from amazon.co.uk will I get the tracks or do people outside the US miss out. Please Joe show some love to the rest of your fans.

It seems not. It's only free for those who bought their cd from BestBuy or pre-ordered from the JBStore.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

well ok then I got the track from youtube but would of been nice to have them legally

67 (edited by jwd 2014-10-03 20:23:15)

Jesse wrote:

I guess I'm destined to not have these bonus tracks. J & R hasn't sent them to me and I sent Jesse a PM over 12 hours ago with no reply. Maybe Joe will play them when I see him in Seattle. I've only listened to the new CD twice but I must say - I LIKE IT!!!!!

68 (edited by Jesse 2014-10-04 03:37:03)

jwd wrote:
Jesse wrote:

I guess I'm destined to not have these bonus tracks. J & R hasn't sent them to me and I sent Jesse a PM over 12 hours ago with no reply. Maybe Joe will play them when I see him in Seattle. I've only listened to the new CD twice but I must say - I LIKE IT!!!!!

Oh my god -  I'm so sorry! My cookies or something reset so the forum doesn't log me in automatically and I always forget that so I didn't see any notifications!!! They are on the way.

Jesse wrote:
jwd wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Oh my god -  I'm so sorry! My cookies or something reset so the forum doesn't log me in automatically and I always forget that so I didn't see any notifications!!! They are on the way.

Got them. Thanks.

IMHO this was smart marketing. The goal was to break into the top 10 on the comprehensive chart and that happened!! Congrats to all!! I never doubted the songs would be offered free at some point. We get lots of free music, it just takes some patience. I do have a question about Scarlet Town. Not my favorite, but it is saved by the guitar. Does anybody know what guitar Joe is playing? The tone sounds unique and there's a few times when he seems to "slam" it (for lack of a better term). I listen just to hear those parts. smile

Ain't it funny, i'm absolutely loving "Scarlet Town" got a sleepy BB King Blues Feel, like a midnight tune, playing it over and over, it just grabbed me  .... Huge Song

This is one of Joe's Finest All Round Complete Album Releases along with Dust Bowl in a Decade of Joe Albums since Had To Cry Today

............ Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Maybe someone else has mentioned this and I missed it but you guys realize that Scarlet Town is a Bob Dylan cover, right?

Absolutely delighted.

2009 Orlando+Miami 2010 Stockholm+Hollywood 2011 Boston+Providence 2012 Vienna 2013 Boston 2014 Providence 2016 Providence 2017 Boston 2018 Boston 2019 Boston