Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

Kenny wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Well mine arrived today from Best Buy - no bonus tracks listed anywhere (either as a sticker or on the album itself) and when you play it they are not there.  Not too happy at the moment.

Sandy

Did you query it Sandy? I am in Nashville for Tom Petty and don't want to travel 9 miles by taxi for the standard cd.

Went to Best Buy after work - one store had one copy left, the second one I went to had around 10 - all were the ones with the bonus tracks.  Kenny - I owe you for that t-shirt a couple of years ago so send me your address and I'll make sure you get one of the bonus cd's in the mail.  (And I hope you are having a good trip).

Best Buy was willing to trade the incorrect CD they mailed me for the correct one - except I had the CD case with me and left the CD home in the player.  So I just bought another one.  I imagine it won't be hard to find a home for.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

gary wrote:

Stopped in the Best Buy closest to my work and no new JB to be found.There were about 8 other older discs in the JB section nothing there or in the new release section.

Second Best Buy had em!!! Makes me wonder if the first store sold out before noon?
The checkout guy says that the last sale at the register was for the same thing.He said that must be a pretty good cd.I told him you have know idea check him out.He tells me to rock it in the car and said I will certainly do!
Listened so far to the first 7 tracks and loving it!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

111 (edited by rocknblues81 2014-09-23 18:13:06)

My copy arrived a couple of hours ago... 2 days before the tracking said it was to be delivered.

The good news:

-3 bonus tracks sticker on the front.
-3 bonus tracks listed on the back.

Bad News:

-Slightly cracked case due to poor packaging.
-None of three songs are that great.

Black Irish Eyes is the best of the three songs, but if you don't have the songs you really aren't missing that much.

nmagcorn wrote:

Hoping mine will be correct. It's due to arrive on the 25th the model and sku were:
MODEL: JRA51157
SKU:  8599035

Those numbers appear on my receipt and CD so hopefully all is good. smile

Received mine today sad  from Best Buy. My receipt says it is the 14 track one but not what I got.  Called Best Buy in  Des Moines, they assured me they have many copies in and will let me trade smile  I know things happen, but I think when they say they are sending you one thing and they are not, then they should notify you.  I don't understand why they wouldn't make enough copies to honor all the orders that were placed for the special????  I am happy I can exchange but costs me more in gas and time....oh well, that's life and I am so use to running like a chicken with my head chopped off lol   Good Luck to everyone else wink      smile luvs cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Received mine today sad  from Best Buy. My receipt says it is the 14 track one but not what I got.  Called Best Buy in  Des Moines, they assured me they have many copies in and will let me trade smile  I know things happen, but I think when they say they are sending you one thing and they are not, then they should notify you.  I don't understand why they wouldn't make enough copies to honor all the orders that were placed for the special????  I am happy I can exchange but costs me more in gas and time....oh well, that's life and I am so use to running like a chicken with my head chopped off lol   Good Luck to everyone else wink      smile luvs cool

Bummer Patty.Could have been picked wrong off the shelf in the mailing center.Anyway had to do my own search mission today to get it but well with the effort!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

All is well, they traded me plus refunded my shipping fee. smile  My favorite of the 3 Bonus Tracks is Black Irish Eyes!   wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

116 (edited by storiesbysteve 2014-09-23 21:25:19)

I bought mine at BB today. It lists 14 tracks and had a sticker saying Only at Best Buy or something like that.

Oddly, it is not ripping correctly to my Windows Media Player (win 7). It says only Unknown for everything (and yes, I've tried Find Album Info and only get a 500 Internal Server Error from Microsoft. It rips as "Unknown Artist". Could that be simply too many people trying to access the Microsoft database?

However, it plays fine on my car stereo - the names of the tracks all come up. I don't know why the CD does not rip to Windows 7 as a Joe Bonamassa cd. Anyone else have a guess?

SBS

samjp4 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Well mine arrived today from Best Buy - no bonus tracks listed anywhere (either as a sticker or on the album itself) and when you play it they are not there.  Not too happy at the moment.

Sandy

Did you query it Sandy? I am in Nashville for Tom Petty and don't want to travel 9 miles by taxi
for the standard cd.

Went to Best Buy after work - one store had one copy left, the second one I went to had around 10 - all were the ones with the bonus tracks.  Kenny - I owe you for that t-shirt a couple of years ago so send me your address and I'll make sure you get one of the bonus cd's in the mail.  (And I hope you are having a good trip).

Best Buy was willing to trade the incorrect CD they mailed me for the correct one - except I had the CD case with me and left the CD home in the player.  So I just bought another one.  I imagine it won't be hard to find a home for.

Sandy

PM sent.

storiesbysteve wrote:

I bought mine at BB today. It lists 14 tracks and had a sticker saying Only at Best Buy or something like that.

Oddly, it is not ripping correctly to my Windows Media Player (win 7). It says only Unknown for everything (and yes, I've tried Find Album Info and only get a 500 Internal Server Error from Microsoft. It rips as "Unknown Artist". Could that be simply too many people trying to access the Microsoft database?

However, it plays fine on my car stereo - the names of the tracks all come up. I don't know why the CD does not rip to Windows 7 as a Joe Bonamassa cd. Anyone else have a guess?

SBS

+1
On my copy....does not show any songs/artist etc.........just 14 tracks
Does anyone else have the same issue on their copy ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

119 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2014-09-24 21:39:56)

Yeah, it didn't recognize the song names for me either, just had to enter them manually.  I assume it's that this specific version wasn't registered w/ the Gracenote DB.  It ripped and played fine, though. Not really sure...

[Edit] FWIW I ripped it in iTunes on my Mac this morning and it found the track info fine.

120 (edited by steinei 2014-09-24 12:41:26)

It is really a shame.
We here in Europe cannot get this bonus tracks as Best Buy does not ship to Germany.
And I want them so eagerly. hmm

How are the songs?
Maybe at the show in Antwerpen they sell some ...  tongue

jclark42796 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

Hoping mine will be correct. It's due to arrive on the 25th the model and sku were:
MODEL: JRA51157
SKU:  8599035

Those numbers appear on my receipt and CD so hopefully all is good. smile

Got mine today and happy to say they are the correct ones!

Hang in there Michael, not too much longer smile

I feel like Sandy with her story of the empty cd case she brought back to Best Buy. Poor Michael almost ended up with an empty case, also. I had ordered two from BB, one for me and one for Michael. I opened mine and was listening to it. Then I did up a mailer to send his out along with a dvd I had done and took it to the post office to be mailed. Got back from the post office and saw the unopened DSOB sitting on the table. I was like "OH Sh!T!!" Raced back to the post office, they saw me coming and had my package waiting for me. Inside it was the empty cd case! I exchanged it for the unopened one and sent it on it's way. Phew, that was a close one! What a bummer it would have been for Michael to wait all that time and end up with an empty case, lol!!

if people want to hear the bonus song then they are on youtube can we post a link here?

RVD26 wrote:

if people want to hear the bonus song then they are on youtube can we post a link here?

Indeed they are and now right where they belong, in my library....thank you.

"Sometimes I get that feeling, that I'm different from the rest" - JB

No probs mate glad to help but also big thanks to the person who put the songs on Youtube. Now we wait till the cd get re released with the extra tracks.