Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

so from what I read.. nobody has received a disk with the bonus tracks.. right??

so has anyone gotten the 'bonus track' CD?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

so from what I read.. nobody has received a disk with the bonus tracks.. right??

so has anyone gotten the 'bonus track' CD?

I received an email from Best Buy that it shipped on the 18th.  Gave a tracking # that opens up to UPS .. but the # is no good. (Noticed it's all numbers ... no "1Z####...").  Opening my order on Best Buy says UPSM with the track #.  Maybe its UPS partnership with USPS "Mail"? The  Track # didn't work on their site either.

TMI I know. To answer you. I haven't ... but soon?? smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

75 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-21 13:05:57)

As JJ noted ... the weekend B Buy newspaper circular has the CD cover.  Only 4 cd's featured this week ... all are a thumbnail shot of the CD covers.  Joe, K. Chesney, Gaga & Bennett, and J. Hudson.  Big music names for sure.

Another big step for Joe ... naturally it means less after show Bus M&G's ... and more ticket on-sale battles ... but gotta be happy for Joe. Congrats!!

Here's the online link to B Buy's Weekly ad .. (Chesney doesn't have the same splash in the printed version.)

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=movies+amp+music3

(noticed it's back to it's original $11.99.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I haven't received mine yet either.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Just got my "Best Buy", no bonus tracks.

Jane H. wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

Best Buy don't ship to Europe :-(
I want these 3 bonus tracks.

If you want I would be happy to pick one up and ship it to you. I don't know what the postage would be overseas but it would be too much to trade or something but if that would work for you, maybe you could purchase a Joe store gift certificate in the amount of my cost that they deliver via email. There is alot of the store on my wish list.
I hope that Joe's store would eventually have them as digital downloads but it appears the new version of the store only has the full album downloads.
Send me an email if you want to make a deal. or anyone else reading this (up to my budget limit lol)

Hi Jane, that's so kind of you to offer. If you send cd-s to EU I've heard you should mention it's a gift (otherwise at the border they could add extra tax to it, thinking you're running an official company).

skamokawa wrote:

Ai sad

skamokawa wrote:

I got my disc last Saturday - I assumed the JB Store shipped it even though I cancelled (odd, but kind of a nice surprise) because it didn't have the extra tracks, and there was no packing slip.  Maybe it was the BB version?

I just talked to Best Buy. They said the bonus tracks may not be listed on the cover, but will play after #11. I haven't had a chance to listen yet so I can't say. I also ordered thru J&R but the order didn't go through. I was using the Paypal option.

Hi Jane just received my CD from Best Buy with the bonus tracks!! Pretty psyched to listen to it!!

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

It was sent by Best Buy from their website. No, I won't be returning it!

fett2112 wrote:

Hi Jane just received my CD from Best Buy with the bonus tracks!! Pretty psyched to listen to it!!

I listened to the bonus tracks and I have to say that all 3 are really good. Scarlet Town will be huge and Better The Devil You Know is one of my favorite tracks on the CD!!

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

Well mine arrived today from Best Buy - no bonus tracks listed anywhere (either as a sticker or on the album itself) and when you play it they are not there.  Not too happy at the moment.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Store pickup is now available if you want to order on bestbuy's website.

samjp4 wrote:

Well mine arrived today from Best Buy - no bonus tracks listed anywhere (either as a sticker or on the album itself) and when you play it they are not there.  Not too happy at the moment.

Sandy

Did you query it Sandy? I am in Nashville for Tom Petty and don't want to travel 9 miles by taxi for the standard cd.

I'll pay your cab fare, Kenny. smile Make sure you interrogate the staff before handing over the readies. wink

You could always ask them to play it for you before buying.

Hope you're enjoying your time in the States. cool

Phil (green with envy)

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Same here. I ordered this:

Different Shades of Blue Only Best Buy CD
MODEL: JRA51155
SKU:  8532431

Though if you look that up on their website now, it doesn't say "Only Best Buy" in the title:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/different-s … /8532431.p

and "best" buy's website says the one with the extra tracks is this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/different-s … /8599035.p

Different Shades Of Blue (Bby) - CD
Artist: Joe Bonamassa SKU: 8599035

Kenny wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Did you query it Sandy? I am in Nashville for Tom Petty and don't want to travel 9 miles by taxi for the standard cd.

See the SKUs in my prior email.

I called "best" buy customer support. The SKU must have been wrong originally. But since the product description on my order shows "Different Shades of Blue Only Best Buy CD," it confirms that the original product description was wrong. She gave me two options:
- She can process a new order with the right SKU, take payment for that, issue credit for the wrong one, and send me a shipping label to return it.
- I can take it in to a local Best Buy, tell them supported suggested exchanging in store, and bring a printout of my order acknowledgement that shows "Only Best Buy" in the product description.

I'm going to try the second remedy, as a BB is walking distance from my office. If I can't get a replacement, I'll order the right one online today, and call back to return this one. I'd keep it and donate it to my town library, but that's my plan for the preorder coming from Amazon. :-)

tim