Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

Well, I'll be buying two copies of this CD then.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Here we have some amazing people that give away big $$$ guitars to support new great young blues players, i'm sure we all can help  to keep the blues alive by giving that extra copy to some friend or nice person we meet in our everyday life.

I'm almost sure that if i give the new album to some nice girl on the way to work, or on the bus, on on queue for a coffee, next time we meet i will have a smile back and maybe a dinner date smile

Be nice, and the other will be nice to you!

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Someone at Blu-ray.com posted the media part of Best Buy's ad for next week.  Joe made the ad and the Bestbuy version is $11.99.  You have to register on the forum to see some of the pictures.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=248477

Ugghh,  got my copy from fishpond.co.nz today and it's the standard version.

When I read Clones post, I went "O oh!!"  I recieved my copy from fishpond.au this morning in the post and unfortunately it is the stadard version. 

To say I am pissed off right now is quite the understatement, especially when fishpond.com.au are still advertising the cd with bonus tracks WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED!!!!

I still have the digipak coming from Joe's site with booklet.   I may pass this one on as a Christmas present.

59 (edited by RickB 2014-09-16 23:56:33)

Watching all this to and fro over the bonus tracks, which are not available in a lot of places, the thought comes to mind that this is NOT new material. More likely some "greatest hits" tracks added to entice the BB clientele to explore his back catalog?
I just received notice my copy is on the way from Joe's store. big_smile I gave the free listen stream one spin on Amazon and it is ACE!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

60 (edited by Skeeter 2014-09-17 07:25:21)

RickB, these are the bonus tracks Best Buy is listing:

12. Scarlet Town [Bonus Track]
13. Better The Devil You Know [Bonus Track]
14. Black Irish Eyes [Bonus Track]

Can't say whether they are new or not but I don't have them in my collection of JB material so I'll take 'em.

"Sometimes I get that feeling, that I'm different from the rest" - JB

Skeeter wrote:

RickB, these are the bonus tracks Best Buy is listing:

12. Scarlet Town [Bonus Track]
13. Better The Devil You Know [Bonus Track]
14. Black Irish Eyes [Bonus Track]

Can't say whether they are new or not but I don't have them in my collection of JB material so I'll take 'em.

Thanks for finding that. Guess I'll have a copy to gift.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Wanted those bonus tracks so I ordered it today. smile

RickB wrote:

Watching all this to and fro over the bonus tracks, which are not available in a lot of places, the thought comes to mind that this is NOT new material. More likely some "greatest hits" tracks added to entice the BB clientele to explore his back catalog?
I just received notice my copy is on the way from Joe's store. big_smile I gave the free listen stream one spin on Amazon and it is ACE!
Rick

Perhaps some tracks not  on this or some other album.
I did a thread along time ago wondering how many Joe track left on the cutting floor may make a cool disc?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

After some thought,  I decided against cancelling the J&R order, considering it was a dig - book and may be an excellent companion piece to the recording, a good read , plus the coffee mug, those I collect. I have the DTTD mug as well. I love drinking out of them and  then I enjoy looking at them.  Mostly mugs I have are from a great vacation location but all are designed to relive where I was when I got that one. Now if only Joe would add shot glasses,  my other collectable, then I'd  be all set.
As for the bonus tracks , I'll just go buy the cheaper regular version from Best Buy, it won't be the first time I've double dipped. What would be really special would be a special vinyl album version with the three bonus tracks, now that would be special. Yeah, I'd get that one too.

Well, got my CD from fishpond.co.au today and it's the standard version too... Emailed them & sending the CD back. I already have the regular one. Pre-ordered the digibook too. Hopefully they send the correct one or refund. Maybe will have to rely on the kindness of a US forum member to help out if all efforts to get the best buy version fail? They don't ship to Australia. sad

Do libraries still lend music too? That's another outlet for all of these extra standard copies, for those that aren't so put off by the process that they mind donating.

not sure if I 'get' your humour in the post.

Stefan76 wrote:

Here we have some amazing people that give away big $$$ guitars to support new great young blues players, i'm sure we all can help  to keep the blues alive by giving that extra copy to some friend or nice person we meet in our everyday life.

I'm almost sure that if i give the new album to some nice girl on the way to work, or on the bus, on on queue for a coffee, next time we meet i will have a smile back and maybe a dinner date smile

Be nice, and the other will be nice to you!

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

my local library does..
but they don't add the CD info to their search..
you have to just sift through each genre of what you're interested in.
would be nice if they added it to the search and order function.

timb wrote:

Do libraries still lend music too? That's another outlet for all of these extra standard copies, for those that aren't so put off by the process that they mind donating.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Jane H. wrote:

since we are talking about libraries, i'd like to point out that many libraries have a request form where you can request they buy Joe's releases. I have seen my public county library system go from no Joe - to having Blues Deluxe to now having a wide selection

http://catalog.bcpl.lib.md.us/polaris/s … searchid=2

I have been responsible for one library keep up with Joes output.Thats how I discovered Joe in the first place!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

DougH wrote:

my local library does..
but they don't add the CD info to their search..
you have to just sift through each genre of what you're interested in.
would be nice if they added it to the search and order function.

timb wrote:

Orlando public library system has a GREAT music collection, with some fairly up-to-date stuff, and it's all searchable online.  That's actually how I first heard Joe (on a whim I grabbed Sloe Gin, because I heard his name around and figured what the heck, I'll give it a listen).

Best Buy don't ship to Europe :-(
I want these 3 bonus tracks.

Jane H. wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

Best Buy don't ship to Europe :-(
I want these 3 bonus tracks.

If you want I would be happy to pick one up and ship it to you. I don't know what the postage would be overseas but it would be too much to trade or something but if that would work for you, maybe you could purchase a Joe store gift certificate in the amount of my cost that they deliver via email. There is alot of the store on my wish list.
I hope that Joe's store would eventually have them as digital downloads but it appears the new version of the store only has the full album downloads.
Send me an email if you want to make a deal. or anyone else reading this (up to my budget limit lol)

I'd love a copy too. I could pay you via PayPal or send you the money in $ and cash to your home address.