Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

bobkatmsu wrote:
whirlwind wrote:
ZeyerGTR wrote:

There's a link in your order confirmation email.  Just email whatever that link is and tell them you want to cancel, w/ the order number.

thank you.

Spoke to Tamra (sp?) at the JB store today.  Tried to cancel order, she said they were already bound and ready to be shipped.  She was not sure they could find the one with my address on it.  She suggested just deny the delivery and when it returned to them, she would refund the money.  She was unaware of the deal with Best Buy when I told her about it, she went and checked with marketing and confirmed the deal.  She was very helpful and professional.

I decided not to cancel my order...guess I'll either have two cd's or someone will receive an early Christmas gift as suggested by others.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

38 (edited by DougH 2014-09-09 11:41:22)

it's sort of sad that there are now 2 versions of this CD even before they come on to market and making those JR pre-orders bail.

but I find it really intersting where they are getting the extra space on the CD.
Typically most CD's I've seen usually have 12 tracks max.

I can see that a CD will hold a max of 79 min of music; so did they compress some of the songs to fit, or are you getting 2 cd's?

There is now a radio station broadcasting songs in the 1'30" range (they cut all the extra stuff out to get it to fit their time slot) so you can hear more hits per hour... wonder if that will become an industry norm/

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

39 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-09 11:50:43)

Jane H. wrote:

Roadcase did you get the tracklist you posted here from bestbuy?

Hi Jane. Sorry just saw your post.  I did get the track list from Best Buy's page.

I have felt bad since posting this Thread from reading about the cancelled orders from the JB Store, but certainly understand. (I know the Best Buy exclusive news would have gotten out there eventually by one of us.)

Easy to see all sides in this. I'm happy for Joe drawing attention from a BBuy ... but from someone who still likes to buy physical media ... and seeing them get less and less shelf space (understandably) ... I question the effectiveness nowadays ... except for maybe the big flavor of the year pop / country releases.  i wouldn't have known to look online to BB for a Joe exclusive.  I'm sure (or hoping) it will be on the isle end caps during release week and will grab some new fans … but would they be as upset had they missed the Bonus tracks? smile

JB Store had to realize the Forum would be upset ... we of anyone naturally would want all Tracks … even the cuts of Joe clearing his throat.

I will be going the multiple copy route as well.  (I made a Ranem noodle hamburger last night .. I'm back even now. smile)  Always enjoy the Digi-Books ... and have to have the Bonus Tracks (in the physical form!)  (I think BBuy with Bonus at a good price, and ... as was said ... the Store Digi w/ Bonus tracks may have been a good way to go … but what do I know.) 

Looking forward to Sept 23rd!! 

In the end ... a Big Thank you to Joe for always giving us something new to sink our ears into … however it gets released!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I'm guessing there aren't that many JB Store preorders being cancelled, to be honest.  The few of us on this thread that did it are hopefully a small portion of his total JB store preorders.  Beyond that there's some upside for places like Best Buy selling more copies of Joe's CDs.  It's still a preorder, and still a sale as far as Neilson goes.

Just ordered mine on Sunday, no Best Buy around here.  Got a call from Tamara today, all was good though, had nothing to do with the CD, she was just confirming things with me since it was a large order.

Tamara is nice.  smile

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I'm guessing there aren't that many JB Store preorders being cancelled, to be honest.  The few of us on this thread that did it are hopefully a small portion of his total JB store preorders.  Beyond that there's some upside for places like Best Buy selling more copies of Joe's CDs.  It's still a preorder, and still a sale as far as Neilson goes.

My credit card was charged over 2 months ago for the "limited track" version of this CD on the JB store pre-order so that makes cancelling a real PIA. By the way, Visa's policy is that you can not make a charge until the product is shipped. I guess the JB store isn't aware of that.

I just ordered my copy from Best Buy.

Hat tip to the OP. Thanks.

44 (edited by photogal 2014-09-10 00:41:28)

DougH wrote:

it's sort of sad that there are now 2 versions of this CD even before they come on to market and making those JR pre-orders bail.

but I find it really intersting where they are getting the extra space on the CD.
Typically most CD's I've seen usually have 12 tracks max.

I can see that a CD will hold a max of 79 min of music; so did they compress some of the songs to fit, or are you getting 2 cd's?

There is now a radio station broadcasting songs in the 1'30" range (they cut all the extra stuff out to get it to fit their time slot) so you can hear more hits per hour... wonder if that will become an industry norm/

Doug, I just went to Amazon and looked at the times for each track... rounding each track to the next 1/4 minute, and not adding any time between songs, it looks like the running time on the CD is 49:15 if my math is correct... (sometimes it isn't, lol) so it would appear that there is plenty of room for the 3 bonus tracks without compressing the files.

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I'm just gonna run to best buy the day it comes out, I already called my local best buy and they said they'd be getting a few

Django2013 wrote:

I'm just gonna run to best buy the day it comes out, I already called my local best buy and they said they'd be getting a few

Same for me too!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Ugghh,  got my copy from fishpond.co.nz today and it's the standard version.

The price went up on BB's website by $2 to $13.99 for the exclusive and the regular version went down to $11.99.  The digibook is listed as a UK CD.

Link

For blu-rays at bestbuy, SKUs made up of 7 digits are available in the store while 8 digit SKU are online only.

JJ wrote:

The price went up on BB's website by $2 to $13.99 for the exclusive and the regular version went down to $11.99.

Thanks for the heads up.  My OP link now goes to the Regular Version (@$11.99)

Here is the latest link to the BBuy Bonus Track Version:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/different-s … 5&cp=1

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I could not cancel my order....she said I could just return it.

Does not make much sense to me that buying from Joe's own website, and you still get a lesser product.

Not a huge deal, but no more pre orders for me.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

I came here looking for pre-order info on the new album (CD) from the JB Store. So glad I saw this post before I pulled the trigger, thanks OP, I'll be hitting a local BB on release day hoping to catch a copy there.

More music is better, gotta love that. I see lots of packages in the JB Store that include lots of fluff...hats, shirts, etc. Now before anyone gets riled up, I'm not opposed to that, in fact I own several JB hats, shirts (one signed by Joe after a show) , pick tins, etc....but more Joe music wins, it's all about the music ya know smile

Personally, what I was hoping to find was a package that included a physical copy of the CD plus a digital download so I could start listening right away. Make it so you can't cancel to avoid the leechers who would just grab the download and cancel out. Just my thoughts.

No matter what way you get the new release none of that will matter once we all are jamming along to the new tunes. Rock on brothers and sisters!

"Sometimes I get that feeling, that I'm different from the rest" - JB

Skeeter wrote:

I came here looking for pre-order info on the new album (CD) from the JB Store. So glad I saw this post before I pulled the trigger, thanks OP, I'll be hitting a local BB on release day hoping to catch a copy there.

More music is better, gotta love that. I see lots of packages in the JB Store that include lots of fluff...hats, shirts, etc. Now before anyone gets riled up, I'm not opposed to that, in fact I own several JB hats, shirts (one signed by Joe after a show) , pick tins, etc....but more Joe music wins, it's all about the music ya know smile

Personally, what I was hoping to find was a package that included a physical copy of the CD plus a digital download so I could start listening right away. Make it so you can't cancel to avoid the leechers who would just grab the download and cancel out. Just my thoughts.

No matter what way you get the new release none of that will matter once we all are jamming along to the new tunes. Rock on brothers and sisters!

With many acts I would just assume that those 3 tracks are just filler tracks. But Joe is not known to release filler tracks. so it's a big deal.

Skeeter wrote:

Amazon does that for (what seems like) most albums sold directly by them. It doesn't show that on the current preorder for this album, but that may be a limitation for preorders in general. But that feature must be with consent of the publisher, and I wonder if they have that agreement with J&R.

whirlwind wrote:

I could not cancel my order....she said I could just return it.

Does not make much sense to me that buying from Joe's own website, and you still get a lesser product.

Not a huge deal, but no more pre orders for me.

That's weird,  they cancelled my order w/out issue.  Maybe there's a time window when it's too close close to the ship date?  10 days out seems odd.  Oh well, sorry to hear that.  It's still going to be a great disc, and I'm sure you can get the bonus mp3 tracks somewhere. smile