Re: Hammersmith Apollo March 2015

YOU want to try living where I do 1 hour to the nearest motorway then 1 and a half hours to Manchester Glasgow etc . I GO TO CONCERTS 3-4 TIMES A MONTH  up for work 5 30 get home 1 30 next day been down to London 3 times so far this year with another twice to come  if I can make the effort  im sure 55 miles cant be that hard

Hooameye wrote:

>>people can get to London with relative ease<<

You obviously have little if any experience of travel in the UK.  The millions who live in the North, West Country, Scotland etc... would beg to differ.  Traveling to London for a night out from those places is rarely an option on both cost and time grounds.  I happen to live just 55 miles from Hammersmith, but with the traffic being what it is, it can (and has on occasion) taken over 2.5 hours to get there.   If you are right and Joe were to restrict his live shows to London in the future, it would just further alienate the fan base elsewhere in the UK.

Only just heard about these shows, £117 is excessive. Remember getting tickets for Manchester the last time Joe toured the uk and thinking that the price was steep then. 2 tickets for Blackpool 2012 cost me £90, Manchester 2013 cost £135.....£117 for 1 ticket! Hope any other uk dates are a lot more reasonable and that this is just a London thing.

jc1303 wrote:

As I put in one of my earlier posts, Yes I want to see Joe. Yes, I have the money to buy a ticket but Im not going to because £120 is taking the piss.

+2.  Me and a mate, fans of Joe for 8 years or so, will not be attending these gigs.  Taking the piss, dead right.

I bought two tickets in "presale" on Ticketmaster. I'm not very experienced. When will they be shipped?
Thanks

I'll be back....I have to take another look at the WORLD!!!

stefan2c wrote:

I bought two tickets in "presale" on Ticketmaster. I'm not very experienced. When will they be shipped?
Thanks

I also bought Tix from Tm - I'm not expecting anything until Feb.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Well it's been a fantastic journey watching Joe over the years starting at the Cheese and Grain in Frome and then onto the Colston Hall in Bristol and of course the Royal Albert Hall in London. But for my wife and me this is where I'm sad to say the journey must end.

These ticket prices are to far out of reach for us when you factor in the travel and hotel costs

I'm hoping there might be some more U.K. dates added later, but fear that these too might be out of our price range.

As was pointed out on a previous post these ticket prices will exclude a lot of forum members from attending the London shows which is such a shame.

This post is not having a pop at Joe, in fact I wish him well and to enjoy the success his hard work brings him

Oh, one more thing, could people posting on this topic please stop telling other members that if they really wanted to go to one of the shows they would find the money somewhere. You can either afford a ticket or you can't

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

all this is an old discussion and simple to answer. if its to expensive....................dont go..................................if you really got the money and have no problem with yourself to pay such a price for a concert................................go.
its true there are lots of things to say between, but all that wont stop or reduce any JB ticket prices. for sure he is doing all his touring cause he likes to play guitar and play shows for his fans. Beside that, JB wants to earn some money for all his work. he has to earn some more money for all the people who are touring with him or are home and working on the machinery.
thats what it has become.................a well oiled machinery with lots lots of merchandise, new cds or dvds every few months or half a year and everything the "fans" want. it seams to work well for JB................so why he should change it? its not only music, its business. i have the impression that business getting more important than music with the time. the machine cant stop and got to roll on. JB works hard for his money.....................................i do the same, working hard for my money and would not spend this much for one show only. i dont even think that he forgot his old fans, but somewhen i think things getting to big and its no more up to him how things are going.
i still love his music and had the pleasure to see him in his beginnings here in germany. geat memories, but times are changing.
Thomas

Ophrys wrote:

all this is an old discussion and simple to answer. if its to expensive....................dont go..................................if you really got the money and have no problem with yourself to pay such a price for a concert................................go.
its true there are lots of things to say between, but all that wont stop or reduce any JB ticket prices. for sure he is doing all his touring cause he likes to play guitar and play shows for his fans. Beside that, JB wants to earn some money for all his work. he has to earn some more money for all the people who are touring with him or are home and working on the machinery.
thats what it has become.................a well oiled machinery with lots lots of merchandise, new cds or dvds every few months or half a year and everything the "fans" want. it seams to work well for JB................so why he should change it? its not only music, its business. i have the impression that business getting more important than music with the time. the machine cant stop and got to roll on. JB works hard for his money.....................................i do the same, working hard for my money and would not spend this much for one show only. i dont even think that he forgot his old fans, but somewhen i think things getting to big and its no more up to him how things are going.
i still love his music and had the pleasure to see him in his beginnings here in germany. geat memories, but times are changing.
Thomas

Agree with all you say Ophrys, the price is set and it's up to everyone to make their choice.  Also agree that the price set is well out of sync with other acts, again that's part of the choice.  I chose not to support Roger Waters at US shows at 250 dollars apiece and I won't go to these JB gigs at 120 quid apiece.

Take a look at availability                 loads !!! left

118 (edited by Rocket 2014-07-14 14:15:08)

Clive A wrote:

Take a look at availability                 loads !!! left

roll  how big is a baby in the womb with 8 mo this to go?!
Gee

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

119 (edited by dexsey 2014-07-14 14:12:56)

why no shows in the north joe has lots of fans up here , many who cannot get down to london
joe came to my town  South Shields in his early twenties long before most people had heard of him .  thats how long i have been a fan,want to see him again but not in london the cost would be to much
heres hoping    Dexsey

You guys are giving me warning sickness

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

So something must be different about these shows if the price has doubled. Think about it. It’s hard for me to think they would just say, hmm, I think I’d like double the money. I mean, some organizations might do that but I feel like J&R wouldn’t. Trying to be optimistic and think maybe there is something more offered for the price, as opposed to elevating the cost because of the Bonamassa brand name.

Since the shows are at the same venue four nights in a row, maybe there is something more to the set than just the music. (besides our absolute favorite musician and the reason we are all here on this forum) Maybe a video screen or a larger addition to the stage show that requires more workers/equipment/stage build/set-up. Think fixed Disneyland rides as opposed to the “pop-up in a parking lot near you” carnival. We always hear how they invest in the show, try and make it bigger and better. Let’s assume they have. On the other hand, everything just costs more. It does and it sucks. Dollars/Pounds/Euros don’t stretch as far as they used to.

If there is something "special" about the Hammersmith shows, then it might be a good idea for The Management to let us know. Sooner rather than later as it might stop some of the negativity about the cost etc.

Lester

Lester wrote:

If there is something "special" about the Hammersmith shows, then it might be a good idea for The Management to let us know. Sooner rather than later as it might stop some of the negativity about the cost etc.

Lester

It might be a good idea if you are a tout who doesn't give a **## about ticket prices others pay unless it ends up in YOUR pocket!!! "Special" today is increase even MORE tomorrow.

I hope to hell this is one extremely special deal and NOTHING is leaked about it.  All you folks are doing is making things worse.  And worst of all, all you have to do is "Fuggetaboutit."

J & R don't have to justify anything at this point.  Maybe the promoters do, but if I were them, I'd (if artist & management approved) slow drip rumors false and true, with false one good and true ones better...

It's 8 months away for goodness sakes!!! Have your Christmas shopping done???????!!!!!!! roll  Brother...

Try? giving it a rest.  Or just move ON!!!  I'll quit if you will...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Checking out Carre' the all in ticket price is 135 Euros The Apollo is 117 pounds including fees. In Oklahoma City this year the first 5 rows were $125 plus fees which made the ticket nearly $150. There are so many factors that go into scaling a house for ticket prices and one is capacity also average ticket price in a region or country. I'm not all that good with exchange rates but this seems to be in line with the current tour although I'm not sure what the tour will be next year. If it will be an extension of the acoustic/electric bands which is one of the reasons the ticket prices increased in 2014 American tour. If it is something different like Joe has alluded to with horns in a big band setting then it will be a great show. Just as this show and tour has been.

It appears that the decision to seat the venue limits capacity which would increase ticket prices to cover the costs involved. The question seems to be as always in supply demand economics is the demand there for 10,000 seats and if so at the current pricing. I would say it is too early to tell. I know Joe would rather play to a seated room and would rather play a theater to an arena. The show here last Spring was at a cut arena simply because the Performing Arts Center was unavailable and the arena was cut to the capacity anticipated based on attendance numbers of past shows. Could we have opened the arena to increase the capacity and cut ticket prices and sold 10,000 tickets? Maybe. If so there would of been about 3,000 good tickets and 9,000 crappy seats.

As a promoter myself and with experience specifically with the purchasing habits of my market which is night and day different from London. Or is it really. I always said you couldn't over price the first 200 seats in the house. I had 200 fans that would pay any amount and schedule their life around that date. I could also predict the number actually sold based on the number at certain intervals sold. Say two months out, one month out, and one week out. There was backlash here and some people stayed home I would imagine but those that came and I know many of the people here that have been fans since 2003 that paid $15 for a ticket then, came up to me and said it was the best show they had ever seen and they had seen them all.

I'm not trying to say anything more than I understand that people feel that the Spring prices are high so were last springs prices. We sold just as many tickets at the end of the day.

126 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-07-14 20:19:50)

Lester wrote:

Lester

As I said earlier, these shows will feature a horn section. Seems kind of special to me.

http://bonamassalive.com/     
          or
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases … on2015.htm