1 (edited by almico 2014-05-19 14:10:18)

Topic: First post - new fan - 5/17 Hartford, CT show

OK, I'm hooked!

I live in NJ and saw the gear truck parked at my local Walmart in Clinton, NJ last weekend. I thought, "Hum, I bet JB's in the area. So a quick search showed RI on Thursday (too far), NH on Friday (Nope) and Hartford on Saturday. Bingo!, only a 3 hour drive. I thought I must be crazy. Well, after seeing the show, I would have done it again the next night.

I just bought my ticket for the Baltimore show in November. Can I wait that long?

I know I must sound like a little kid, but I'm 54 and haven't been to a real rockin' blues concert in a long time.

I tried posting a link to my Flickr page with pics of the show, but url links are being blocked. I guess I'm too new,

Re: First post - new fan - 5/17 Hartford, CT show

Hi welcome to the group....... it does not matter if you are young or old.........enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

3 (edited by almico 2014-05-19 14:26:10)

airportdon wrote:

Hi welcome to the group....... it does not matter if you are young or old.........enjoy the topics

Thanks! Last Saturday was my first show and I was amazed at the crowd. I don't think I saw more than a dozen people under 30, and most over 50. Considering how old Joe is, I thought that a very interesting phenomenon. Maybe we shouldn't tell the kids how great this music is...more tickets for us.

Hi, welcome! I've seen somewhat of a diverse mix of people at the shows..the age range is still mostly older, but I feel like one of the lucky "younger" ones to have found out about him! smile Welcome to the forum and enjoy the topics! Lots of great people here!

Hi and welcome from an older kid. lol

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Hi and welcome from an older kid. lol

He sure made me feel like a kid again.

edragoo wrote:

Hi, welcome! I've seen somewhat of a diverse mix of people at the shows..the age range is still mostly older, but I feel like one of the lucky "younger" ones to have found out about him! smile Welcome to the forum and enjoy the topics! Lots of great people here!

Thanks! Maybe it was the locale, but I'm glad. Not only the music made me feel younger, but the crowd did too...oops, did I say that out loud?

almico wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Thanks! Last Saturday was my first show and I was amazed at the crowd. I don't think I saw more than a dozen people under 30, and most over 50. Considering how old Joe is, I thought that a very interesting phenomenon. Maybe we shouldn't tell the kids how great this music is...more tickets for us.

no no no tell the masses Joe's talent needs to be heard by all
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

almico wrote:

OK, I'm hooked!

RI on Thursday (too far), NH on Friday (Nope) and Hartford on Saturday. Bingo!, only a 3 hour drive. I thought I must be crazy. Well, after seeing the show, I would have done it again the next night.

I know I must sound like a little kid, but I'm 54 and haven't been to a real rockin' blues concert in a long time.

Ur not alone my young friend .. lol.  I'm 54 .. flyin to Toronto (900+ miles) tomorrow for my first JB show on Saturday night! Snagged tickets last October and the wait has been killing me .. lol

So thankful to all the members here for the warm up with all their reviews, photos, videos, etc .. made it easier .. lol

Glad u had a great time .. Welcome to the forum! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

9 (edited by wvgirlinky 2014-05-20 14:04:09)

Welcome to the forum.   Glad you got the Bona-Addiction.  There is no cure.   The worse part of a Joe show is the Encore when you are counting the days until the next show. tongue

wvgirlinky wrote:

Welcome to the forum.   Glad you got the Bona-Addiction.  There is no cure.   The worse part of a Joe show is the Encore when you are counting the days until the next show. tongue

192 days...

191 days...

(I'm just going to keep counting down until I get enough posts to post links and pics)

Or maybe just keep changing my avatar one post at a time...

13 (edited by almico 2014-05-21 12:53:38)

Ooo-ooo, I'm qualified.

Here's my Flickr page with some Hartford shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alancohen … 325431507/

I used a Fuji X-E1 hand-held from the right side of the mezzanine. Contax G 90mm, manual focus, manual exposure. 1/125 shutter, f2.8 and ISO 500 on most.

I have a few videos I'll try uploading to YT as well.

almico wrote:

Ooo-ooo, I'm qualified.

Here's my Flickr page with some Hartford shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alancohen … 325431507/

I used a Fuji X-E1 hand-held from the right side of the mezzanine. Contax G 90mm, manual focus, manual exposure. 1/125 shutter, f2.8 and ISO 500 on most.

I have a few videos I'll try uploading to YT as well.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!  I'm looking forward to the videos.

Beautiful pics!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Yes like the different perspective and the colors are cool. Thanks.

Welcome! I was at the CT show and will be at the Baltimore show too! It's a great addiction to have, just saying. smile

Bill

18 (edited by almico 2014-05-21 17:59:39)

Bill wrote:

Welcome! I was at the CT show and will be at the Baltimore show too! It's a great addiction to have, just saying. smile

Bill

I'm thinking about picking up a ticket for Washington DC the next night, as long as I'm down there...just sayin'. 8^)