Re: Joe Bonamassa "Skinnerburst" Registry

My uncle picks up his "aged/signed" #36 today, the lucky sod. Still waiting for my "aged" #??? to arrive...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

(I see a week or so ago Wildwood sold the last (I'm guessing) of the right handed Bona Bursts they had.)

Yes, I was watching that one. I kept looking at it, since I was going to a meet and greet, and could have gotten it signed. It had a very distinctive mineral streak starting from one the volume knobs down toward the strap button.

Fiscal prudence won the day, and I still regret it. :-)

But heck, the Skinnerbursts are only twice as much, and then there's that Joe's rig giveaway my son thinks we will win. I told him that since there's no speaker cabinet, if he wins he can trade me one of the heads, and I'll buy him a 4x12.

VOS#71
here in Gdansk, Poland

There's a VOS Skinnerburst for sale on the MLP forum. Serial number is under 10 and the price is $5500.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member- … erial.html

I'm not affiliated with the seller.

Spider wrote:

There's a VOS Skinnerburst for sale on the MLP forum. Serial number is under 10 and the price is $5500.

I know this seller.....good guy to deal with (no, it's not me!). I believe he may come down a bit on this....maybe more than a bit.

If you have issues contacting him because you aren't a member of the forum, email me at joncbyrd@hotmail.com, and I'll get you in touch with him. This would be a great one to snag, and the price will be right!

(I just lurk there ... a great Fourm to learn about LPs from many knowledgable players.)

He's currently offering it at $5200.  Drawing more post interest at that price, so it may not be for sale for long.  He's very active on that Forum.  He stated his personal situation changed soon after placing the order for the SB.

jbyrd1 wrote:
Spider wrote:

I know this seller.....good guy to deal with (no, it's not me!). I believe he may come down a bit on this....maybe more than a bit.

If you have issues contacting him because you aren't a member of the forum, email me at joncbyrd@hotmail.com, and I'll get you in touch with him. This would be a great one to snag, and the price will be right!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

43 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-06-06 07:51:00)

See Wildwood has two Aged up ... "SKNRBRST" 8 & 19:

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … 0&n=11

... and see Rainbow has #4.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thx...they look good

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thx...they look good

Aged. Hmm.....

46 (edited by TJNies 2014-06-09 08:17:19)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

(I just lurk there ... a great Fourm to learn about LPs from many knowledgable players.)

He's currently offering it at $5200.  Drawing more post interest at that price, so it may not be for sale for long.  He's very active on that Forum.  He stated his personal situation changed soon after placing the order for the SB.

Turns out he just sold it a short time ago. I actually contacted him, was considering for myself. But it was a bit heavier than I wanted (maybe not much), told him if he gets a committed seller (I meant buyer) to jump on it. Plus I think I need to have any LP in my hands to try out first, since I gravitate more towards ES335s and Teles.

47 (edited by airportdon 2014-06-06 13:10:19)

TJNies wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Turns out he just sold it a short time ago. I actually contacted him, was considering for myself. But it was a bit heavier than I wanted (maybe not much), told him if he gets a committed seller to jump on it. Plus I think I need to have any LP in my hands to try out first, since I gravitate more towards ES335s and Teles.

Too bad you did not get that one for that price...

airportdon wrote:
TJNies wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Turns out he just sold it a short time ago. I actually contacted him, was considering for myself. But it was a bit heavier than I wanted (maybe not much), told him if he gets a committed seller to jump on it. Plus I think I need to have any LP in my hands to try out first, since I gravitate more towards ES335s and Teles.

I snagged that one. I have an aged coming, and they should arrive about the same time. I'm going to see which one i like better, and sell the other. If I sell the VOS, I will post it here first. $5200 shipped. It is serial #8.

I should have them both by next weekend.

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
TJNies wrote:

I snagged that one. I have an aged coming, and they should arrive about the same time. I'm going to see which one i like better, and sell the other. If I sell the VOS, I will post it here first. $5200 shipped. It is serial #8.

Cool congrats cheers ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
TJNies wrote:

Give me a shout if you do sell the VOS.

For current owners - can you describe the neck on the Skinner? Especially if you have played the JB ES335, I'd like to know how they compare. Pickups too for that matter.

Thanks.

51 (edited by airportdon 2014-06-08 16:13:24)

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
TJNies wrote:

Congrats ...that's cool....maybe get the VOS aged down the road ??? ( Less expensive than buying an Aged one...)

Register me for Aged #25 please!

[img]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/jonbyrd/skinneraged_zpsf8714423.png[/img]

[img]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b440/jonbyrd/skinneraged2_zpscf296b82.png[/img]

Nice!!

Well worth the wait for that one.  That top hits the mark.

Congrats!!