37 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-05-29 09:48:03)

Re: Tour De Force CD's

I haven't bought any of the Tour De Force cds yet, but I do have the Beth & Joe in Amsterdam. I certainly would not call it crap, but I did feel that making it such a sound board recording and not an audience one did take away from the energy that was present at the show. It is in a way, too clean. I like to hear some audience when you have a live show recording because it makes you feel like you are more there experiencing it. Since we have our own recordings we did of these shows we have the best of both worlds. Depending on the mood we can choose audience or soundboard smile

Got the Borderline and sounds good but seems weird without comments.   but Blues Deluxes is still smoking hot

Dangit you guys! I was blissfully ignorant of the fades until they were pointed out here. And now it bugs me! smile

Jane, love the avatar. That tweet brought a smile to my face today.

From approx 3:30 to 4:30 during The Ballad of John Henry from the H. Apollo and S. Bush Empire, does anyone else hear sleigh bells?  It's a subtle sound and those two shows I noticed it more than John Henry from RAH.