37 (edited by guido 2014-04-15 17:51:11)

Re: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea-- WITH JOE!

cindyron wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

She was quoting me the price for the suites, like a mini-suite. If you knew for sure you were going to have 4, then you would pay the deposit up front for 4 at $300 each. Any suite, the depost is $300 per person. I didn't ask what the other cabins were. She advised to get a cabin for 2 and said you could always add 1 or 2 more later if you wanted. It is supposedly easier to add a person rather than subtract a person.

Also if just one person is going you still need to pay for two. I contacted to see if just one person is going how much would it be. They said I would need to pay for two. So with that I am not going. Just does not seem right.
Cheers Ron

Hmmm......that's definately going to require a re-think. Also, does anyone know if this a deduction since it's for KTBA?

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

How cool would this be!? Too bad I get a tad sea sick so doubting this would happen. Unless i'm drugged up on motion sickness pills! LOL

This sounds like fun, but I'll have to wait for the DVD.

If my wife doesn't go, I'll be posting notices on here to find a temp roommate smile

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

41 (edited by Lizzee 2014-04-16 00:22:34)

This brings a whole new meaning to "Always on the Road"! Thanks Joe, KTBA, J & R, for putting together two of my favorite things to do, cruising and Joe concerts! Due to my current situation it is hard to plan that far in advance however I don't want to miss out so going to go ahead and book it and purchase the travel insurance as I always do when booking a cruise. Fortunately I've never had to use it, I like the peace of mind having it. 

The website has a wealth of information so I thought I would share some things from there for those that may not be going and/or had not had a chance to look at the site.

One of the most exciting things I read was that Norwegian Cruise Lines made a $25,000.00 donation to Keeping the Blues Alive cool

Pay for the cruise in full at time of booking you will receive a 5% discount cool If you're not sure about going due to the cost they offer a payment plan option that could make it more affordable.

http://www.bluesaliveatsea.com/prices/payment-options/

There is a referral program for cruisers you can receive a $100.00 onboard credit for each cabin you refer and for non cruisers you can receive $50.00 cash for each new cabin! If I'm understanding this is only after the presale.

http://www.bluesaliveatsea.com/prices/referral/

Once you sail on this cruise you can register for the Cannonball Club and to receive future discounts with Sixthman, the company handling the reservations

http://www.bluesaliveatsea.com/faq/about-sixthman/

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

Sure sounds like tons of fun.   So happy that Joe will raise some well needed cash for this great charity of his

edragoo

I have similiar issues but I swear by ginger, the tea , the capsules and the candy. It's a miracle worker.......seriously. Something to consider if you're interested. It always helps me and I have IBS!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

cindyron wrote:

Also if just one person is going you still need to pay for two. I contacted to see if just one person is going how much would it be. They said I would need to pay for two. So with that I am not going. Just does not seem right.
Cheers Ron

Yes, I'm in the same "boat" as you Ron.  Hard to justify paying double!  Although I am actually considering it! Don't know any Bonasingles in my area, and my non-Bona friends would never pay.   

:fp   :fp   :fp   + tears

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Cheers Ron

Yes, I'm in the same "boat" as you Ron.  Hard to justify paying double!  Although I am actually considering it! Don't know any Bonasingles in my area, and my non-Bona friends would never pay.   

:fp   :fp   :fp   + tears

It seems there have been a few of you on here looking for roomies - start pairing off!  When I went to London last year I had three friends stay with me who I had only met thru here, the phone and fb (one I had met in person briefly before) and we all had a great time together.  Go for it - great way to make life long friends!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Oh man the blues cruise always been on my bucket list.Just not there yet.Man that's the real deal.
Gary fundraiser starting tonight lol!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

rubyjt wrote:

Thanks for the explanation Lee.

He's the big star now though....things should be much different now. I really hope I can go. Jeez, what could be bad? Joe, John Hiatt, food, the Bahamas????

Just a thought; the musicians don't mingle with the masses during their down time do they?  I would imagine they want some privacy

I just got done this past March going on Kid Rock's Cruise that is with the same company as Joe's upcoming cruise. Deck 14 is "The Haven". You need a special access card to get on that level and that is where the musicians stay. How much they mingle really depends on the person as well as the fans themselves. If they are respectful you'll likely see them more willing to be "out and about". I can try to answer any questions anybody might have.

I'm with Sandy. Share a room!! I've been on 3 Blues Cruises. You spend very little time in your room. I also get sea-sick. I found out, after the first year, that the Scop patch, for nausea, actually made me sick! lol  I use Meclazine (over the counter) and it keeps it under control. Also the itinerary keeps this ship close to land, so if the sea gets rough, it's near a port.
  It doesn't say if they have the entire ship or portions. Regardless, I'm hoping to be on board smile

49 (edited by rubyjt 2014-04-17 07:47:50)

kidrock17xp wrote:
rubyjt wrote:

Thanks for the explanation Lee.

He's the big star now though....things should be much different now. I really hope I can go. Jeez, what could be bad? Joe, John Hiatt, food, the Bahamas????

Just a thought; the musicians don't mingle with the masses during their down time do they?  I would imagine they want some privacy

I just got done this past March going on Kid Rock's Cruise that is with the same company as Joe's upcoming cruise. Deck 14 is "The Haven". You need a special access card to get on that level and that is where the musicians stay. How much they mingle really depends on the person as well as the fans themselves. If they are respectful you'll likely see them more willing to be "out and about". I can try to answer any questions anybody might have.

Ah, I thought as much. I imagine most would rather avoid fans especially while they're eating or relaxing. Oh well, thanks

I usually wind up staring at my feet when I meet a hero of mine anyway. I was introduced to Russell Crowe (sic) through a friend, I shook his hand, stared at the floor and walked away. Duh.......

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

I'm wondering how they will get everyone in to see his shows. The ship holds something like 2,200 people. They can't have any one area that will hold that many at once.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

I'm wondering how they will get everyone in to see his shows. The ship holds something like 2,200 people. They can't have any one area that will hold that many at once.

The ship's main pool deck holds 2500 people when serving as a venue for one of the concerts, so there will be plenty of room for everyone.

Looks like they're sending out the presale invites. I got 4 pm on the 21st. It's going to be a long wait for next Feb to get here. smile

Anybody ever stow away on a ship?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Jane H. wrote:

thanks for the tips everyone and welcome kidrock17xp. was the Kid Rock cruise with other bands too?
i am not likely going but its fun dreaming abut this. I think I read there would be two Joe shows but I imagine there would be alot of jams with other bands? IDK
in the future something on land like Island Exodous might be cool, 'cept preferably in the States on the coast instead , while I am dreaming

good luck to all doing the pre-sale!

All of the bands listed have multiple shows (usually 2 or 3) there are various different venues for the bands to play on. This past cruise for Kid Rock had a lot of bands on it (I think 10-12). There is a theater setting on the boat much like what Joe normally plays in. There is a nice louge/club type stage, the pool deck as another member mentioned and a couple others. One year Kid Rock did a show on the sail away on the pool deck, plus 2 shows inside the theater. For the theater each person was given a ticket to one of the shows. So that year there was techinically three shows by him but you could only attend 2. Another year he did one show on the pool deck and another on the island in the Bahamas (they have a stage set up there). This year I went he did two shows on the pool deck.