Re: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea-- WITH JOE!

How many more hours a day can I work?   lol    It will take a major miracle or Divine intervention...maybe the Blood Red Moon tonight will create Heaven on Earth tonite wink

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  But never say never.........

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I doubt my wife will go. I hope they have options for singles. My friends aren't that committed to the blues, either.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Wish I could but I can't swim sad

Sounds great, but I want to retire some day.  Seeing Joe in Ft. Meyers in December will have to do.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Well......signed up but still not sure if I'm gonna go or go with a companion or go by myself. Kinda like the balcony or maybe the mini-suite. We'll see.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

Oh...bad timing...what a dream though...maybe they'll do some more...I'll have to now start a special Joe blues Cruise savings account !

Murfdog

Has anyone done one of these as a single before? The FAQ makes it sound like I may have to pay for 2 people for a cabin. I was wondering if they have a way to accomodate singles.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Usually you can get a single...but gotta pay more...

jddarden wrote:

Has anyone done one of these as a single before? The FAQ makes it sound like I may have to pay for 2 people for a cabin. I was wondering if they have a way to accomodate singles.

Murfdog

nmagcorn wrote:

Very exciting! Just signed us up even though it's a tricky time of year for Phil. He says he'll make it work somehow. Wow, just the current lineup makes it worthwhile, but can you imagine if Beth Hart, Matt Schofield or Davy Knowles was added, okay I know, I'm just daydreaming here big_smile

Day dreaming.... yes but it sounds wonderful and I don't even like cruises smile

why did Joe say he'd never do another blues cruise? Just curious

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Bad timing! I already signed up for an Irish music cruise in late January. sad

Is it too much for me to do both?
Who else is going!?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

rubyjt wrote:

why did Joe say he'd never do another blues cruise? Just curious

I think there was a couple reasons. The weather wasn't all that great when he did it in 2006. Also, I think there were other artists - or maybe one in particular - that thought Joe was a little too much rock and didn't really belong. Plus, Joe was transitioning to a new band and I think they were limited in the material they knew and played. The whole experience probably left a bad taste that Joe has gotten over.

Thanks for the explanation Lee.

He's the big star now though....things should be much different now. I really hope I can go. Jeez, what could be bad? Joe, John Hiatt, food, the Bahamas????

Just a thought; the musicians don't mingle with the masses during their down time do they?  I would imagine they want some privacy

Berthold Auerbach

I called the company to get some info on the whole booking thing.  If you are planning to book any suite with 4 friends, for example, then at the time of booking, $300 per person needs to be paid as a deposit by the Approved Lead Passenger. You don't have to know who all the people are that will be in your suite at that time. You have until November 17th to make a final decision on who will be in your room with you. And you are allowed one name change without charge if a person said they could go and then couldn't and you had to find somebody else. When the presale email goes out on friday, you will be given a time and date within the next week that you can call and book. And nearly all cabins can have up to 4 people, but once the beds are out it's like one big bed in there, lol! I couldn't see any floor big_smile

Do you know if there are only two people in a cabin does the amount of the deposit change? Just curious

Berthold Auerbach

She was quoting me the price for the suites, like a mini-suite. If you knew for sure you were going to have 4, then you would pay the deposit up front for 4 at $300 each. Any suite, the depost is $300 per person. I didn't ask what the other cabins were. She advised to get a cabin for 2 and said you could always add 1 or 2 more later if you wanted. It is supposedly easier to add a person rather than subtract a person.

nmagcorn wrote:

She was quoting me the price for the suites, like a mini-suite. If you knew for sure you were going to have 4, then you would pay the deposit up front for 4 at $300 each. Any suite, the depost is $300 per person. I didn't ask what the other cabins were. She advised to get a cabin for 2 and said you could always add 1 or 2 more later if you wanted. It is supposedly easier to add a person rather than subtract a person.

Also if just one person is going you still need to pay for two. I contacted to see if just one person is going how much would it be. They said I would need to pay for two. So with that I am not going. Just does not seem right.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Wow, that's not right at all

Berthold Auerbach