Topic: Des Moines and the Iowa Trifecta

Might as well give this a jump start.
Bags (Helen's) packed and rarin' to hit the road.

Patty posts a pic of SNOW yikes mad this morning on F/B. What is it with Joe and our road trips that involve freezing weather? We are packing for arctic weather again. sad

Ya better be ready to warm us all up Joe! smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

2 (edited by wvgirlinky 2014-04-14 11:38:38)

Re: Des Moines and the Iowa Trifecta

So you are the reason we are going to have 30 degrees this week in the Great Midwest.   We had 80 degrees yesterday and tomorrows high only in the 40's.  Spring in the Midwest is a  roller coaster. 

Hope you and Helen have fun with sweet patty and others.   Look forward to your videos and reviews.   Thanks in advance for sharing with all of us.  Enjoy the  Joe shows. smile

Oh my! The excitement is building!! We leave on Wednesday for the Sioux City show on Thursday. Shipping our son Ryley off to California to be with his uncle while we're away. He's definitely going to have the better weather smile Can't wait to finally meet Patty! As well as Lee & Renee, Rhonda, Bill & Jane! This is going to be sooo much fun!! I'm about ready to pop with the anticipation smile

At work, so in brief.........

I am about to explode with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!

plj  :ch

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Buggers .. Im green with envy .. lol

I still have to wait until May 24th .. two and a half hour flight and my 1st live show

Wishing u ALL an awesome time!

Cheers!

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

A couple days away till Joe hits Iowa big_smile Sioux City April 17 then Des Moines April 18 and finally Davenport April 19.
Yes  just in time for Joe it snowed this weekend but will be gone  in a day. All you people coming in to town can't wait to see you at the Civic Center Thursday. Will be handing out cards for Davenport and have some left over from Sioux City. If any bodyhas some Des Moines cards I would love to have a few for the collection.   Can't wait gotta have my Joe and the band fix so awesome !!

No cards/flyers received  for Des Moines, down to the wire.....the only promo I know of has been TV,radio, Jumbo Tron sign outside of Civic Center, and lobby monitors inside Civic Center. 

I would like a Sioux City and Davenport card for mementos...right now I got nuttin'    wink Thanks!

pattyluvsjoe  smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Well, I guess I got more than nuttin' because I have been telling every single soul I know and then some about the shows ever since they were announced wink plus running the Joe jumbo tron sign as my Facebook cover pic forever.        plj

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

So much fun talking to Natasha this morning before they boarded their flight!

Natasha & Phil are Iowa bound!!!!!   smile

plj

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Patty, I will have a couple cards for you for the Davenport show as I did get a box and delevered all of them but a handfull. I sent emails and a PM about more to pass out the day of the show and to follow up on the meet and greet but I have not gotten a response at all. Kind of Bonabummin. Before Eric sent me the cards he said he didn't see my name in the Street Team info and I thought that was odd since Ive been doing this for many years. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. Can't wait for the Davenport show!!!

You don't find a style, ... a style finds you

Keith Richards

We hit the road bright and early tomorrow. Airline changed our flight from a nice respectable 10:30 am departure to 0615! That means a taxi pickup at 0430 since airport area parking is $12/day and the cab is $25. Arrrgh! See you folks soon. smile
Us

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Thanks Scoob for Davenport card! smile    No Des Moines cards yet and now it is too late as I work late and then off to Sioux City tomorrow.  Eric said he sent me out a box quite awhile back but I never got, so he was shipping out another and no sight of it either.  Somebody in Iowa has my JB Cards held captive wink   

Rick & Helen.........Talk about earlybird flight!  Safe travels and we will catch up with you in Des Moines on Friday!

pattyluvsjoe cool

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

13 (edited by wvgirlinky 2014-04-16 15:24:53)

I hope all you bona buds have a fantastic time. Can't wait to hear how it goes.  Is Photo Gal(Rhonda) coming too?   Only 9 days until we get to see two show.  Have fun Patty, Rick, Natasha and Phil and anyone else that is from the forum.   Longing for some of those great videos

Safe and sound in Iowa. A little issue with the rental car (was a piece of crap with no working seatbelt and felt like it was going to die when driving it), but contacted customer service and they had keys for another waiting for us when we returned. Nice to have a small airport when dealing with issues like this. Feel much better with a more reliable car considering the amount of miles we'll be putting on it, from one end of the state to the other, lol! West on 80, east on 80, west on 80 big_smile A whole lotta Mountain Time going on big_smile

Ha! There is a restaurant named "Django" here in Des Moines! We are going to have to go there! There are Joe references all over this state! No wonder it's Patty's state big_smile

nmagcorn wrote:

Ha! There is a restaurant named "Django" here in Des Moines! We are going to have to go there! There are Joe references all over this state! No wonder it's Patty's state big_smile

So funny, I was just about to post the same thing!! Was just scoping out the downtown restaurants and saw it. big_smile Looks amazing, albeit a bit pricey. Not sure where Chris and I were going to eat... Probably not up for Zombie Burger since I may go there with my boyfriend the next day (wish he could come see Joe too--maybe next time!), but keep me posted on where you guys end up and maybe Chris and I will join (if you're up for dining with a newbie). smile

Jigsawearth83 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

So funny, I was just about to post the same thing!! Was just scoping out the downtown restaurants and saw it. big_smile Looks amazing, albeit a bit pricey. Not sure where Chris and I were going to eat... Probably not up for Zombie Burger since I may go there with my boyfriend the next day (wish he could come see Joe too--maybe next time!), but keep me posted on where you guys end up and maybe Chris and I will join (if you're up for dining with a newbie). smile

We are off to Sioux City today for the first show of the Iowa trifecta. As far as I know, we will be meeting with others at Zombie Burger around 3:30 on Friday. Hope to see you there. Not sure what you look like, or your name, but, just come and look for the group of people with big smiles and Joe shirts on smile

nmagcorn wrote:
Jigsawearth83 wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:

We are off to Sioux City today for the first show of the Iowa trifecta. As far as I know, we will be meeting with others at Zombie Burger around 3:30 on Friday. Hope to see you there. Not sure what you look like, or your name, but, just come and look for the group of people with big smiles and Joe shirts on smile

Like Natasha said, I don't think it will be too hard to spot us in Zombie Burger! Looking forward to meeting you (Nina?) there and looking forward to meeting you Natasha in Sioux City. We just left Brookings, SD and should be there in a couple hours.