Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

cindyron wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yes.... I actually have played the replica more on this tour than the original.  If you see the little Principal Skinner pin that our own Jane H has given me on the strap then it is the original guitar.

Joe B

skinner pins cool hey add them to the store
I need two for up coming new additions to the herd

2...??!! Wow, well done smile

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

How about a Krusty The Clown pin?

Spider wrote:

Huh I am laughing in uncontrolabily good one. Goes good with my Friday afternoon beers. Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Spider wrote:

Huh I am laughing in uncontrolabily good one. Goes good with my Friday afternoon beers. Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Itchy & Scratchy... lol
That GAS makes me all itchy and scratchy!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/histori … eview.html

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

Happy Tax Day.............Is today the offical release date ???

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

So, I just ordered myself an skinner burst VOS today. Perhaps the only one that will come to Norway. It will come in the end of the month, so I'm can hardly wait:)

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

1-sheet available to read and print now:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/218390072/Joe … innerburst

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

All this talk about the skinner, and none about the Magnatone.....  I was hoping JB might check in with a short "review" of the amp, as it's THE BUZZ these days in "new ampville" lol

ruger9 wrote:

All this talk about the skinner, and none about the Magnatone.....  I was hoping JB might check in with a short "review" of the amp, as it's THE BUZZ these days in "new ampville" lol

Jim Singleton has a shop near me and he carries them. He's a vintage dealer (sold a LP to someone you probably know..) and has some really nice stuff and amps. I thought long and hard about buying one, came close, but ultimately couldn't see myself spending the $$ for one. But like you, I'm very tempted.

What do the amps normally run?

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Maggie Twilighter MONO (1x12) is $2250, I think.   Which is right in there, price-wise, for most boutique brands.  The stereo (2x12) is more, not sure by how much.

Check out Lance Keltner on YT- he has a couple demos of the Maggies.

See Wildwood has put up a VOS .... Serial# SB006

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … =0&n=3

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

105 (edited by Rich85 2014-04-16 08:39:39)

cindyron wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yes.... I actually have played the replica more on this tour than the original.  If you see the little Principal Skinner pin that our own Jane H has given me on the strap then it is the original guitar.

Joe B

skinner pins cool hey add them to the store
I need two for up coming new additions to the herd

I dont think Joe wants a lawsuit from the Simpsons

Although he wears suits a whole lot so I am not 100% sure about that

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

See Wildwood has put up a VOS .... Serial# SB006

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … =0&n=3

Thx for the link

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Stereo is 2900. Retail.

And yes, they do seem to be priced relatively within the rest of the boutique amp genre. Not astronomical but not cheap either.

All I know is if I don't stop thinking about it, it could end badly...

Called several stores in UK - seems like noone really knows when they'll have it available for sure. sad BTW, VOS looks better, than I thought.