Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

Spider wrote:

Now the cats officially out of the bag. I would think they should be in the stores any day now. Today?

I heard mid April from a couple of sources.....so next week ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Next week? Anybody really know for sure?

I don't think they are ready yet. I haven't signed the 50 aged ones. The prototype is as close a guitar to the original as you can get. Gibson even in 59 never made the same guitar twice. The aging like all aged guitars takes a little playing it in to really look exactly like the real thing. Can't fake real abuse! Lol

I'm excited to see what people think...

I will admit its gonna be a little weird seeing 300 replicas of your child out in the world.

Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I don't think they are ready yet. I haven't signed the 50 aged ones. The prototype is as close a guitar to the original as you can get. Gibson even in 59 never made the same guitar twice. The aging like all aged guitars takes a little playing it in to really look exactly like the real thing. Can't fake real abuse! Lol

I will admit its gonna be a little weird seeing 300 replicas of your child out in the world.

Joe B

Thanks Joe.

airportdon wrote:
Spider wrote:

Now the cats officially out of the bag. I would think they should be in the stores any day now. Today?

The aged and the VOS should start shipping this week to dealers.

78 (edited by airportdon 2014-04-09 18:56:30)

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
Spider wrote:

The aged ones are all done & the  last -50 signed ones will be last to come out since Joe has to sign/play them...

airportdon wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:

The aged ones are all done & the  last -50 signed ones will be last to come out since Joe has to sign/play them...

yeah seems all aged/signed ones are gone. they will not ship until May

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

So these are almost sold out before going on sale?

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Rich85 wrote:

Not sure about all but I heard all aged/signed are already been sold by dealers that are suppose to receive any. I think I heard at least the ones for the USA

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
Rich85 wrote:

Not sure about all but I heard all aged/signed are already been sold by dealers that are suppose to receive any. I think I heard at least the ones for the USA

I think there will be some floating around on the internet once the offical Gibson announcement is out there....but they won't last long

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

You could call yours Dolly.

airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:
Rich85 wrote:

I think there will be some floating around on the internet once the offical Gibson announcement is out there....but they won't last long

And they won't be cheap.

The original guitar Joe has is actually now called Armin Tamzarian.
*Simpsons in-joke there*

jclark42796 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:

And they won't be cheap.

That will be fun to watch. smile

Dave, Armin Tamzarian should be the name of a aged reissue. Not the original.

Anxious to see pics from those who're getting them.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

So will you be using the Prototype in place of Skinner for flyaway shows etc where you wouldn't want to risk the original?

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Yes.... I actually have played the replica more on this tour than the original.  If you see the little Principal Skinner pin that our own Jane H has given me on the strap then it is the original guitar.

Joe B

89 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-04-11 12:12:22)

Congrats Jane on the shout out!!

(Can you round up 300 more pins? smile)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yes.... I actually have played the replica more on this tour than the original.  If you see the little Principal Skinner pin that our own Jane H has given me on the strap then it is the original guitar.

Joe B

skinner pins cool hey add them to the store
I need two for up coming new additions to the herd