Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I know that the signed one is also spoken for at Guitar Village here in the UK...

Because your buying it? wink

Close, I'm getting the aged, my uncle is getting the aged/signed... That's how our family roll big_smile

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:
Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I know that the signed one is also spoken for at Guitar Village here in the UK...

Close, I'm getting the aged, my uncle is getting the aged/signed... That's how our family roll big_smile

Excellent! Congratulations to you and to your uncle. I hope both of those guitars are the very best and better than you could have ever hoped for. Enjoy! Health and Happiness to you and your family.

Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:
Spider wrote:

Excellent! Congratulations to you and to your uncle. I hope both of those guitars are the very best and better than you could have ever hoped for. Enjoy! Health and Happiness to you and your family.

Thank you very much... Can't wait to plug it in and have it join my '79 KM and LPR9's...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic

Only something I could ever dream about... I'm jealous R8...

Please post some clips when you finally get them.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:
Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Thank you very much... Can't wait to plug it in and have it join my '79 KM and LPR9's...

Congrats
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:
Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Congrats
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:
Spider wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Congrats
Cheers Ron

There seems to be a echo in this place. smile

Spider wrote:

There seems to be a echo in this place. smile

yeah my fat fingers cause a dup

jbyrd1 wrote:
HellRot wrote:

He is the League now - Gibson can charge their premium. I'm not sure, though, if I want to spend 15K on a re-issue, if I can add 5K and get a nice original '54 LP.

Are they 15k where you are? Here in the U.S., the aged are MAPIng at 10k, and you guys over the pond are actually allocated more than we are.

The aged and the sign ones should be identical aging -correct ???....

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
HellRot wrote:

He is the League now - Gibson can charge their premium. I'm not sure, though, if I want to spend 15K on a re-issue, if I can add 5K and get a nice original '54 LP.

Are they 15k where you are? Here in the U.S., the aged are MAPIng at 10k, and you guys over the pond are actually allocated more than we are.

I believe so...

Some picts of the prototype
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showp … stcount=16

Interesting side-note, in the thread it's mentioned Joe no longer owns the Batman guitar.

Jim

I will never understand why Gibson go to so much effort with these amazing burst replicas, then chuck on the most awful looking pickup covers that are nowhere near the shape they should be to replicate the original PAF's................

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

airportdon wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
HellRot wrote:

Correct. Tom Murphy aged all of them to the original.

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Correct. Tom Murphy aged all of them to the original.

Ok thx for the info

jclark42796 wrote:

Some picts of the prototype
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showp … stcount=16

Interesting side-note, in the thread it's mentioned Joe no longer owns the Batman guitar.

Jim

Nice pics...(sorta looks like a 58-flame top reissue from the late 90-s to early 2000's in the pics from the historic run )

Tis official

https://www.facebook.com/GibsonCustom/p … mp;theater

Somehow before they're delivered I need to dig out $9,000 from somewhere.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Now the cats officially out of the bag. I would think they should be in the stores any day now. Today?