Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

helrazr84 wrote:

So besides the proper documentation and serial number, the only actual difference between and AGED & SIGNED vs AGED, would be a $2800 signature? They're both aged by Tom Murphy? (I didn't read all the info)..just asking.

If I had an Aged, I wouldn't feel right asking for it to be signed at a show or wherever as I would think it takes away some of the "specialness" of the small number of guitars that were actually signed from the start. Assuming it too was aged by TM. Thats just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he declined to sign the "Aged" since this particular run included an Aged version at a premium price point. Just a guess though.

Ron, pretty soon you're going to need a storage unit for all that gear wink

Aged and signed is played/final inspection by Joe personally

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

helrazr84 wrote:

So besides the proper documentation and serial number, the only actual difference between and AGED & SIGNED vs AGED, would be a $2800 signature? They're both aged by Tom Murphy? (I didn't read all the info)..just asking.

If I had an Aged, I wouldn't feel right asking for it to be signed at a show or wherever as I would think it takes away some of the "specialness" of the small number of guitars that were actually signed from the start. Assuming it too was aged by TM. Thats just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he declined to sign the "Aged" since this particular run included an Aged version at a premium price point. Just a guess though.

Ron, pretty soon you're going to need a storage unit for all that gear wink

If this is like most other artist runs, Joe will have hand written the serial number on the back of the headstock as well as signed it on the a/s versions. That would make it easily distinguishable from the aged only version where the SN is stamped in. I know I'm not going to be shy about asking him to sign mine! LOL.

helrazr84 wrote:

They're both aged by Tom Murphy? (I didn't read all the info)..just asking.

Yes, the flyer says all 150 are aged by Tom Murphy.   Me, I'd have no problem asking Joe to sign it.   Only 300, better hurry fellas, they'll go fast lol

BTW, anyone have the neck size/profile of the skinner burst handy?

Spider wrote:

Ron I think someone misspoke or misread the info.

Yup I miss read
My bad

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

He is the League now - Gibson can charge their premium. I'm not sure, though, if I want to spend 15K on a re-issue, if I can add 5K and get a nice original '54 LP.

HellRot wrote:

He is the League now - Gibson can charge their premium. I'm not sure, though, if I want to spend 15K on a re-issue, if I can add 5K and get a nice original '54 LP.

Are they 15k where you are? Here in the U.S., the aged are MAPIng at 10k, and you guys over the pond are actually allocated more than we are.

44 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-04-04 08:20:58)

Looks like PMT across the pond in the UK is one of the first to list them.
7449 pounds for Aged
5299 for VOS

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/catalogsearc … =Bonamassa

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

My order is going in tomorrow morning... Aged smile

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Looks like PMT across the pond in the UK is one of the first to list them.
7449 pounds for Aged
5299 for VOS

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/catalogsearc … =Bonamassa

I wonder...can I afford to get through uni on no money....cos my student loan would just about cover that... wink

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

That's an "Aged" model secured from Guitar Village in the UK... It's all rather exciting, looking forward to posting on the "Registry" page...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic

looks like we will need to start a jb skinner registry thread

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

looks like we will need to start a jb skinner registry thread

...who gets the honour...?

I got a message from a dealer yesterday, but haven't heard back on my response yet. Now I wonder if they even have any left.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

I got a message from a dealer yesterday, but haven't heard back on my response yet. Now I wonder if they even have any left.

As highly anticipated as this run has been, I would dare say all the aged/signed and aged are already spoken for. At least in the US. Others here probably know more than me.

Spider wrote:
jddarden wrote:

As highly anticipated as this run has been, I would dare say all the aged/signed and aged are already spoken for. At least in the US. Others here probably know more than me.

yes my sources all telling me that also for the US

I know that the signed one is also spoken for at Guitar Village here in the UK...

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I know that the signed one is also spoken for at Guitar Village here in the UK...

Because your buying it? wink