19 (edited by Rich85 2014-04-03 11:58:37)

Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

I just really want to hear some insight from Joe about choosing/designing the pickups and any other qualities the guitar has that need to be replicated that we dont know about, since this is his fav burst.............

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

None are 15k, but they aren't cheap either.

jbyrd1 wrote:

Guys, pricing IS available, you just need to reach out to your favorite seller, e.g. Dave's, Wildwood, they will give you prices on all three versions.  And no, none are 15k.

jclark42796 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Guys, pricing IS available, you just need to reach out to your favorite seller, e.g. Dave's, Wildwood, they will give you prices on all three versions.  And no, none are 15k.

Thx Jim for the info...might be 15K once they're sold out L.O.L

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks for sharing Spider... I feel like a kid before christmas...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

aged/signed in the cue….yeah baby

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

aged/signed in the cue….yeah baby

Congrats Ron. I had to go for the aged. I can get some good deals, but even with that, I couldn't swing the aged/signed. Hopefully I can get a M&G for the Toledo show and have him sign mine. Since the cat's out of the bag here, this is what I understand the MAP to be on these:

AGED/SIGNED: $12800

AGED: $10000

VOS: $7000

I feel a hometown connection to Principle Skinner since I'm from Appleton too cool
Is THAT what they're going for?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I feel a hometown connection to Principle Skinner since I'm from Appleton too cool
Is THAT what they're going for?

That is MAP. Minimum Advertised Price. Contact one of the dealers mentioned above. They may work with you a bit on price, but not a whole lot is my guess. There are only 21 of the aged/signed, and 41 of the aged staying here in the U.S.. Not sure about the V.O.S. #'s.

I won't mention the name here but one dealer told me today that their price was the MAP and wouldn't budge off that price.

Spider wrote:

I won't mention the name here but one dealer told me today that their price was the MAP and wouldn't budge off that price.

That's not surprising based on the fact that only select dealers will get these, and you are talking probably 1 s/a, and maybe 2 aged per dealer. Slightly more on the V.O.S.. Why would they slash their profit if it will sell at the above prices? Supply and demand.....unfortunately.

jbyrd1 wrote:
Spider wrote:

That's not surprising based on the fact that only select dealers will get these, and you are talking probably 1 s/a, and maybe 2 aged per dealer. Slightly more on the V.O.S.. Why would they slash their profit if it will sell at the above prices? Supply and demand.....unfortunately.

We'll one dealer I called said they are getting 21 aged/ signed and only 1 is left. I will not repeat the dealer here

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
Spider wrote:

We'll one dealer I called said they are getting 21 aged/ signed and only 1 is left. I will not repeat the dealer here

One dealer getting 21 out of the 50...wow talk about corning the market...are they in the western part of the country?

jbyrd1 wrote:
Spider wrote:

Isn't it better to discount a few bucks off the price than it is to lose a longtime repeat customer?

33 (edited by helrazr84 2014-04-03 17:25:32)

So besides the proper documentation and serial number, the only actual difference between and AGED & SIGNED vs AGED, would be a $2800 signature? They're both aged by Tom Murphy? (I didn't read all the info)..just asking.

If I had an Aged, I wouldn't feel right asking for it to be signed at a show or wherever as I would think it takes away some of the "specialness" of the small number of guitars that were actually signed from the start. Assuming it too was aged by TM. Thats just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he declined to sign the "Aged" since this particular run included an Aged version at a premium price point. Just a guess though.

Ron, pretty soon you're going to need a storage unit for all that gear wink

airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

One dealer getting 21 out of the 50...wow talk about corning the market...are they in the western part of the country?

That is 100% false. There are only 21 of the 50 staying here in the U.S.. So, that would be impossible.

Ron I think someone misspoke or misread the info.

36 (edited by airportdon 2014-04-03 17:48:29)

jbyrd1 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:

That is 100% false. There are only 21 of the 50 staying here in the U.S.. So, that would be impossible.

Ok that's more like it.....makes more sense almost half here & the other ones across the pond.......