Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi All
I just received Skinner aged/signed serial number one. Plays amazing love this guitar.
Photo link below
Cheers Ron
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/cindy … d.jpg.html

Wow. #1 you lucky dog.
How does it play vs other pauls and your goldtop?

This guitar is truely amazing give me another week but right now it is in the top four. It feels sooooo good to hold. It is like I found a long lost friend.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Oasis.Guitar wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi All
I just received Skinner aged/signed serial number one. Plays amazing love this guitar.
Photo link below
Cheers Ron
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/cindy … d.jpg.html

Another great guitar for the collection!  Congrats Ron!

Thanks

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

They do look like pretty amazing guitars, and to have number 1 must be unbelievable.  Yet still my heart yearns for a candy apple blue JBLP. sad

petew wrote:

They do look like pretty amazing guitars, and to have number 1 must be unbelievable.  Yet still my heart yearns for a candy apple blue JBLP. sad

Yeah do you have one!

petew wrote:

Candy Blue JBLP's are rarer than hens teeth. Good luck with the search.

Spider wrote:

Candy Blue JBLP's are rarer than hens teeth. Good luck with the search.

I know, I do believe there were only 4 made.  Finding one will be bad enough, I'd hate to see the asking price.

Great guitar Ron! Hey...so please solve the mystery for us.....Does the C.O.A. say "Murphy aged"?

jbyrd1 wrote:

Great guitar Ron! Hey...so please solve the mystery for us.....Does the C.O.A. say "Murphy aged"?

Has C.O.A but no reference to Murphy aged. although all reference in Gibson says it is. Strange they did not provide
Cheers Ron

Don't know about the aged... but my VOS plays like I'm in Heaven! I can't get her off my hands, play her every day since I got her!

HellRot wrote:

Don't know about the aged... but my VOS plays like I'm in Heaven! I can't get her off my hands, play her every day since I got her!

my Aged/signed plays awesome

cindyron wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Has C.O.A but no reference to Murphy aged. although all reference in Gibson says it is. Strange they did not provide
Cheers Ron

It follows suit with the others. The Bloomfield and Perry were Murphy aged, but no reference made on those either.

Guess Ill update the offerings till someone says stop ... smile

Sweetwater's #49 looks to have left. They added #14 ... to 11, 12 and 48..(That gives them 7 so far.)

The ebay one for 1K under sold late yesterday.  Rainbow still has #8

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

jbyrd1 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Cheers Ron

It follows suit with the others. The Bloomfield and Perry were Murphy aged, but no reference made on those either.

Maybe they are Murphy aged under his supervision...... & now there is a "Murphy" Team ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I wouldn't think that he does it all that work solo. I would venture to guess he has/had help. He has trained people for Gibson to age guitars in house.

Searching the internet, I have not been able to find a COA post 2012 production that has his name or signature on it. I'm NOT saying TM isn't doing the work. I just cannot find that he has signed any certificate after the 2012 production year.

Take it as you wish.

Write to Gibson to get an e-mail confirmation from them, if you wish.

Just wondering if anyone got their aged ones yet?
also not sure if anyone noticed the ageing seemed to differ from the prototype from what I've seen? maybe I'm just nitpicking.

Got it from the boss the signed and aged are Tom Murphy
Cheers Ron

234 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-05-18 19:24:50)

A PSA for those who may be waiting for an Aged.
An A / S stated to be in the teens went up on ebay today. $10.6 delivered by a gear seller since '06 (Santa Fe NM)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181414726350?nav=SEARCH

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.