Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

In case you have trouble with the link, here is the part that matters, from Gibson...

"From its delectably faded Dirty Lemon finish, to its custom-wound humbucking pickups, to its precise top carve and neck profile, the Joe Bonamassa “Skinnerburst” 1959 Les Paul gets you as close as is humanly possible to a priceless artist’s guitar. Historically accurate binding colors, aged cellulose trapezoid inlays, hot-hide glue neck construction, and period-correct hardware all complement a breathtaking rendition of Joe’s constant stage and studio companion. Of 150 guitars hand-aged by unparalleled ageing artist Tom Murphy, 50 will be played and signed by Joe himself; a further 150 will be treated to Gibson Custom’s VOS process, making a Limited Edition of 300 guitars in total."

200 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-05-05 23:59:36)

Shouldn't help advertise something on ebay ... but there's an A / S Skinner listed for $1K under ... in IL. Lots of pics ... # not snown.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151296054950?nav=SEARCH

PS ... just looked again. Located in Carbondale IL ... I listed a show at Carbondale in today's BH (5/5/10) smile. Not a bad looking seller .... has a nice website display. Olivia's Vintage Guitars.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

They sure know how to photograph a guitar *drool*

202 (edited by cindyron 2014-05-06 15:48:49)

Hi All
I just received Skinner aged/signed serial number one. Plays amazing love this guitar.
Photo link below
Cheers Ron
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/cindy … d.jpg.html

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

203 (edited by helrazr84 2014-05-06 16:50:36)

Ron, I think they accidentally sent you a previously used guitar..?

Looks nice, enjoy!
-S

Beautiful! Congratulations. I bet your overjoyed.

Spider wrote:

Beautiful! Congratulations. I bet your overjoyed.

+1
   ... or rather ... #1

Congrats

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

Nice Ron...play her in good health!!! Rock On!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Congrats and love the mancave. Hope you play it to death and back. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

cindyron wrote:

Hi All
I just received Skinner aged/signed serial number one. Plays amazing love this guitar.
Photo link below
Cheers Ron

Wow. #1 you lucky dog.
How does it play vs other pauls and your goldtop?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Congrats on # 1....all of your other Les Pauls are now jealous.....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

210 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-05-07 11:28:56)

at Sweetwater ... #47 sold couple of days ago.  The just added #11 to their #12, #48 and #49 ...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ … SKBNH/sn11

(PSA ... see the right handed BonaBursts listed at Wildwood have gone from 3 to 2 to now 1 in recent weeks ... in case anyone was ever thinking of one.)

Bonamassa is a hot commodity. Everyone trying to make a buck off Joe. Take a look at the VOS Skinnerburst on fleabay. That guy is trying to score. Just like others I've seen in the past. sad

Spider wrote:

Bonamassa is a hot commodity. Everyone trying to make a buck off Joe. Take a look at the VOS Skinnerburst on fleabay. That guy is trying to score. Just like others I've seen in the past. sad

So true.  Guess gotta give the guitar shop on ebay a little hand for offering an aged / signed for a G under so early out of the gate for these 50. (But .. guess he's not bound by Gibson ... and maybe no warrenty?)

wow congrats on the #1. I thought the first one are usually reserved for the artist.
Is Joe given one?

kelv_w wrote:

wow congrats on the #1. I thought the first one are usually reserved for the artist.
Is Joe given one?

Thanks
He must have kept the prototype. Maybe he will chime in
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi All
Photo link below
Cheers Ron

Wow. #1 you lucky dog.
How does it play vs other pauls and your goldtop?

This is the question...

cindyron wrote:

Hi All
Photo link below
Cheers Ron

Another great guitar for the collection!  Congrats Ron!