Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

cindyron wrote:
airportdon wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi All
Well I was just notified that my aged/signed Skinner is on its way. What blew my mind is a got serial number one.
Holy crap can't wait to get it. It should arrive next Tuesday.
Cheers Ron

Congrats, it's going to a a very good home......are you also buying a VOS or another aged one???

Thanks
actually I have another aged/signed one due in also not sure which serial number it is

Wow that's even cooler.......:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Congrats Ron!!!

Here's signed #2
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=189090

Lucky people.

I think eventually, we should all get together sometime, pool together our favorite axes and have a big jam fest.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I think eventually, we should all get together sometime, pool together our favorite axes and have a big jam fest.

Sounds like a plan
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Unfortunately, I am experiencing a serious case of being bummed out.  For the second time, I will be shut out on getting a guitar I want.  Missed out on the "Original 300" and will miss out on the Skinnerburst.  This time, my business has been so slow that I haven't taken a paycheck since the beginning of February.  Timing was horrible when I came to the Skinnerburst coming out.  But I am a very positive person and know all this happens for a reason and one day the planets will align and I won't miss out on the next one...LOL

I will say I am so jealous of all that get one.  They look amazing....especially the aged ones...wow...

Congrats to all that get one...I know they are going to good homes...

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

No. 1!

Congrats...

congrats! I played mine VOS #104 today. No aged for Vienna. Unfortunately.

LesPaul4 wrote:

Unfortunately, I am experiencing a serious case of being bummed out.  For the second time, I will be shut out on getting a guitar I want.  Missed out on the "Original 300" and will miss out on the Skinnerburst.  This time, my business has been so slow that I haven't taken a paycheck since the beginning of February.  Timing was horrible when I came to the Skinnerburst coming out.  But I am a very positive person and know all this happens for a reason and one day the planets will align and I won't miss out on the next one...LOL

I will say I am so jealous of all that get one.  They look amazing....especially the aged ones...wow...

Don't be bummed out. Looks like you have some nice gear in your signature. After all, it's just a guitar. PLENTY of Nice Les Paul's out there. I'm sure used ones will pop up in time anyway!

helrazr84 wrote:
LesPaul4 wrote:

Don't be bummed out. Looks like you have some nice gear in your signature. After all, it's just a guitar. PLENTY of Nice Les Paul's out there. I'm sure used ones will pop up in time anyway!

I agree with Helrazr84 you have some dam good gear man. Embrace those wonderful instruments and play them and they will unleash their soul.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

#8 Aged & Signed Skinnerburst for sale.

http://www.rainbowguitars.com/guitar/gi … sskbnh1/gb

175 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-05-03 09:39:05)

... and #47, #48 and #49 at Sweetwater

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery … view=angle

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Hey LesPaul4, i know the feeling.
I'm desperately trying to sell some of my stuff to try to grab one of the last VOS in Europe, but i already know that i won't make it in time.
But i already have a great Les Paul, just like you, and it's always fun to play it.
So don't feel sad about the Skinner Burst, but have fun with what you have...remember that the ones you have right now are some of the best friends you will ever have. They have always given you good times, and they will always be  there for you to cheer you up and help you get along all the life's problems and disappointments.
As cindyron said play them and unleash their soul.

And remember that all these great guitars, before beeing Joe's or Slash's or Page's, were normal Les Paul like mine or yours...play them and maybe one day Gibson will make one carrying your name! smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

There were still four available on Thomann site yesterday, when I called. So, you just might be able to make it.

Stefan76 wrote:

Hey LesPaul4, i know the feeling.
I'm desperately trying to sell some of my stuff to try to grab one of the last VOS in Europe, but i already know that i won't make it in time.
But i already have a great Les Paul, just like you, and it's always fun to play it.
So don't feel sad about the Skinner Burst, but have fun with what you have...remember that the ones you have right now are some of the best friends you will ever have. They have always given you good times, and they will always be  there for you to cheer you up and help you get along all the life's problems and disappointments.
As cindyron said play them and unleash their soul.

And remember that all these great guitars, before beeing Joe's or Slash's or Page's, were normal Les Paul like mine or yours...play them and maybe one day Gibson will make one carrying your name! smile

HellRot wrote:

There were still four available on Thomann site yesterday, when I called. So, you just might be able to make it.

Yeah i know. One is already gone. There's one also at my favorite uk dealer, and two have shown up in the biggest gibson store in the south of Italy.
My only problem is that i have to succeed on selling some of my guitars before i can think of spending 6000 and more euros on a new guitar...even if it's a dream guitar...and these Skinner Burst are going too quickly, i think that they will last another week or two and then they will be gone!

But maybe tonight i will win the lottery! smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

cindyron wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:
LesPaul4 wrote:

I agree with Helrazr84 you have some dam good gear man. Embrace those wonderful instruments and play them and they will unleash their soul.
Cheers Ron

Thanks guys....I do play the hell out of them...especially the '58 reissue with the SDJB's in her...this won't depress me enough to make me stop playing them...  smile

And yes Ron, the '58RI is starting to unleash her soul...tones are really coming in beautifully...she is sounding better every time I plug her in....maybe there is something to that "breaking in" theory...maybe I am getting better at playing too...LOL

Hey Ron..see you on the 15th in Providence!!!

Barry

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

Cheers Ron

sounds good see you there.

Thanks guys....I do play the hell out of them...especially the '58 reissue with the SDJB's in her...this won't depress me enough to make me stop playing them...  smile

And yes Ron, the '58RI is starting to unleash her soul...tones are really coming in beautifully...she is sounding better every time I plug her in....maybe there is something to that "breaking in" theory...maybe I am getting better at playing too...LOL

Hey Ron..see you on the 15th in Providence!!!

Barry