Re: On this day in APRIL Bonahistory

reo l wrote:

To RickB - Wow! How interesting - you are "Elexmage"!!! I've watched so many videos from your channel. love it. And you know what - this was the first song by Joe that I ever watched and that got me hooked, same song but filmed by Linda ( that one that has almost a mil views now smile ) And I posted it right away on my other social media site, so I know The exact day when I found Joe - July 16th 2016.

I was sitting right behind Linda shooting over her shoulder.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

It's been a while since I've poked my head in...lots of things going on over the last year or two and, although my Bonamania has not diminished, my time on the forum has. Hello to all.

I wanted to add something to the April Bonahistory archives regarding this specific item:

04/23/05 Champaign IL - William Staerkel Plantarium - a dvd showing of ANDY Live
     A first-of-its-kind event will occur in the planetarium dome on April
23 from 5-6:30pm.  A small group from Monticello is renting the
planetarium to show a concert on DVD from up & coming blues guitarist
Joe Bonamassa.   Mr. Bonamassa and his trio were discovered by BB King.
If you like hot guitar solos and searing blues, catch the concert,
filmed in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.  Tickets are $4 at the door and JB
materials and CDs will be available.  All proceeds are going to the
band.(Wm. Staerkel Planetarium E-News April 2005)

When I first discovered Joe (2004), I joined the Street Team and contacted the head of the Illinois Street Team to discuss all things Joe. Beth Bennett and I became fast friends and saw numerous shows together over the years. Beth lived in Monticello and was the person that rented out the planetarium and arranged the showing of the Ft. Wayne DVD.
Beth succumbed to cancer a few years back (RIP), but was as big of a JB fan as anyone I've known, as well as being one of Joe's earliest supporters.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I was fondly remembering the April 14, 2004 show at the Recher Theater in Towson, MD
I was fortunate to be able to attend a Blues in the Schools program Joe did that afternoon at the Baltimore School for the Arts....I forget exactly how he told the story but he was talking about his younger days first in front of larger audiences...I think he said he would have back to audience a lot and also was wearing cowboy hat and shirt...and he would never wear cowboy stuff again or something
then at the show that night he had on the cowboy shirt he wore for the ANDY live dvd.
You had to have been both places but it was funny moment for me.
Great show of course. I'll have to look to see if I have audio from it. It was also special show for me because i had just seen Joe show two nights before

Jane H. wrote:

I was fondly remembering the April 14, 2004 show at the Recher Theater in Towson, MD
I was fortunate to be able to attend a Blues in the Schools program Joe did that afternoon at the Baltimore School for the Arts....I forget exactly how he told the story but he was talking about his younger days first in front of larger audiences...I think he said he would have back to audience a lot and also was wearing cowboy hat and shirt...and he would never wear cowboy stuff again or something
then at the show that night he had on the cowboy shirt he wore for the ANDY live dvd.
You had to have been both places but it was funny moment for me.
Great show of course. I'll have to look to see if I have audio from it. It was also special show for me because i had just seen Joe show two nights before

I’m pretty sure you have audio because you sent me a copy, I believe. 

Rock ON & Historically Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Hey Rocket smile ! Thanks. My cds are mostly in unorganized boxes bags and bins right now...if I got it its in there somewhere. I bought a new cd rack/shelf thing so am slowly organizing things but its slooooooow.