Re: You can buy a Joe B. setlist!

Amazing...I agree that the look on someone's face when you GIVE them something is worth much more than $59.95.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Yes Rick, I can attest to this! I was overjoyed when I got a pick and a setlist from you! Best day ever! big_smile

RickB wrote:

Geez! I have a bunch of vintage ones stuffed in a drawer somewhere. Maybe retirement is within reach? lol
Great one Ron, I too like to give that stuff away to newbies. The joy on their face is priceless.
Rick

Rocket wrote:

Yours doesn't have Tal's name on it once, for a value of 29.97 1/2, let alone twice for the 59.95 value.  Your "setlist" is worth the paper it is printed on...if recycled. tongue ...wait, not even that...it is missing another set of 9 dashed lines... big_smile 

Rocket

I know you're just pullin' my chain, my brother...but the May 2012 show didn't have the acoustic set that the fall shows did, which is why the eBay set list has Tal's name on a couple of numbers, as well as the second set of dashed lines, which separated the acoustic numbers from the electric set. Come to THIS year's Des Moines show and I'll buy you an adult beverage!  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

cindyron wrote:
Coach305 wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Pretty crazy stuff.  I always try to snap a photo of the one taped to the rug before the shot, I guess I need to print those out and sell them. I will undercut him by  30 bucks if you are interested,  tongue

It isn't any crazier than folks selling Jazz III red picks and claiming they "caught" them at a Joe show. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but at the end of the day a pick isn't really all THAT big a deal, is it?

And, as I've shown, you can reproduce the set lists pretty easily, so I am not sure why anyone would pay someone money to have one...

Yeah I was at one of Joes shows in conn last year. I had front row center in the pit and after the show this guy came up looking on the floor I ask him "can I help you look for something?" he said" I need to find one of those exclusive gold Joe picks that Joe threw during the show that only Joe can get. I was about to hand him one of the many I had in my pocket that I always carry being a guitar player but I did not want to burst this guys bubble. After taking with him for a while he thought ONLY Joe has the gold ones no one else. I did not want to tell him but I had too so I said" hey man I do not mean to burst your bubble but you can buy these on Joe's website" the look of disappointment on the guy was awful but I felt I needed to tell him. Come to find out it was his first time at a Joe concert so he was pretty excited. Well during the show I caught one of Tai's drum sticks so I gave it to the guy. That got a smile back on his face. I needed to do that I was bummed that I had made him bummed. I saw him later in the lobby and I can't count the number of times he thanked me. It was cool.
Cheers Ron

This reminds me of when I miraculously caught (I'm usually terrible at catching) on of Tal's drumsticks at Joe's Brighton show in 2012 and a guy congratulated me on the way out and told me he collects drumsticks of famous drummers and the names of those he has sticks from. As I walked away I turned to Mrs W and said hang on a minute and returned to the collector to hand over the stick. Needless to say the look on his face was priceless and his thanks gave me a buzz for the rest of the evening.

The following week at Bournemouth I got another of Tal's sticks, this time off the floor and broken in half. Tal's meaner to his sticks than Joe is to his guitars. big_smile I still have the stick but the break makes it into an offensive weapon so have to be careful with it!

After the TdF Shepherds Bush show last year I scanned the setlist and gave copies to some of our buddies at the next show. I think Michael and Patty left there's in the pub!

Me? I collect picks of guitarists I have seen. They take up much less space. smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Instead of, "I left my heart in San Francisco" my song is "I left my setlist and big yellow smiley face in some pub in London!"    I guess we got to moving around too much, got separated from my bag that had setlist and smiley pies in....but our smiley pies are immortalized on the Tour de Force Hammersmith Apollo DVD smile   So someone somewhere in England has a couple of big smiley pies and JB setlists!  I love any memento from shows, even if it's just Joe's name written in a brochure or on a flyer, save them all wink

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184