1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-01-24 12:12:02)

Topic: On this day in January Bonahistory

Edit: please see post #22 for Jan BHistory (I didn't want to cut and paste the list over this lead in post.)

Well, haven't had anything to post via my regular search.

Since Rocket replied today to my post in the "Jeff Daniels Tweet about Joe" Thread, and ended with:
NOW, get busy!..........Homework: Find the early January Joe Bonamassa Carribbean Island performance from earlier days...I bet you cheat via Jane...  I figured I should at now at least lock up the Topic heading as a start. smile

My reply to Rocket in the J Daniels Thread:

My first LOL of the day (as an "oldie" I hate typing LOL...but it was true.)

I've been blank for a few days now.  I had a Jan 1 '01 in Ohio...but couldn't really confirm, along with the cancelled last date scheduled for BBC (the one off show at Wolverhampton Civic Hall - West Midlands, England - on 1/5/13), but thought that would have been a downer note for BH.

Carribbean Island peformance...I'm on it. Thanks.

Had to link this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZ91YtKLN4

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

2 (edited by Rocket 2014-01-11 12:19:09)

Re: On this day in January Bonahistory

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Well, haven't had anything to post via my regular search.

Since Rocket replied today to my post in the "Jeff Daniels Tweet about Joe" Thread, and ended with:
NOW, get busy!..........Homework: Find the early January Joe Bonamassa Carribbean Island performance from earlier days...I bet you cheat via Jane...  I figured I should at now at least lock up the Topic heading as a start. smile

My reply to Rocket in the J Daniels Thread:

My first LOL of the day (as an "oldie" I hate typing LOL...but it was true.)

I've been blank for a few days now.  I had a Jan 1 '01 in Ohio...but couldn't really confirm, along with the cancelled last date scheduled for BBC (the one off show at Wolverhampton Civic Hall - West Midlands, England - on 1/5/13), but thought that would have been a downer note for BH.

Carribbean Island peformance...I'm on it. Thanks.

Had to link this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZ91YtKLN4

Ruht row, Reorge! big_smile Jane & I can sit by and watch you yell! lol 

Jan. 1, 2001 sounds feasible...just ask Melissa or Dean and you'll get a true answer! smile

We WILL have Rock Candy Funk Party dates and last year's Sandy tribute at the Solana Beach (San Diego County) Belly Up to fill in eventually for January. wink

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

3 (edited by Jane H. 2014-01-11 12:24:07)

I have fond memories of hearing about Melissa's first Bonamassa experience. I know it well. It was 2003 so unless they have some archive somewhere I don't know why they would have that answer?

Now, if you wanna count the afterparty-show-hang or what not of the Blue Lizard NYE show then that would be a 1-1

Homework: Find the early January Joe Bonamassa Carribbean Island performance from earlier days...I bet you cheat via Jane...

January 2003
St. Maarten's (St. Martin's) Great Bay Beach

Am I getting warm?

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

5 (edited by Jane H. 2014-01-11 12:25:36)

thats not what i am thinking of but that would be before Joe was on my radar so i didn't know about that one

6 (edited by Rocket 2014-01-11 12:28:24)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Homework: Find the early January Joe Bonamassa Carribbean Island performance from earlier days...I bet you cheat via Jane...

January 2003
St. Maarten's (St. Martin's) Great Bay Beach

Am I getting warm?

I believe you got it.  Exact date was early, like first half of January, maybe first week...???

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

January 3rd?!!! 2003

01/03/03 Phillipsburg / St. Maarten -  Great Bay Beach

Thanks Rocket for the kick in the pants.

so i did remember this NYE gig but i guess i am supposed to wait till next December or should i throw it in that thread now?

Toss it in!! smile

I've seem videos from that on Youtube - a long time ago.  I'll see if I can find them.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

12 (edited by samjp4 2014-01-12 16:51:02)

Here's one - January 6, 2007  St. Maarten.  This person has 3 but only 30-60 seconds long.

Sandy

much better with the links - doh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO5nFkvdcBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emb2hzlOqAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjSQIYVBDU

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

13 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-01-11 21:27:19)

Thank you Sandy. 

When I was scrambling to do my Rocket assigned homework, which led me to the earlier St. Maarten January date, I did stumble upon one line of text that said Joe went back 4 years later.  So excited I was to turn in my Assignment as quick as possible, I figured I had time to search that second St. Maarten date....figured its probably not in January, but if so ... what were the odds it was early Jan.. big_smile

It took a couple of the big dogs on here to get me back up and chase after cars again big_smile.... so here goes:

14 (edited by Jane H. 2014-01-20 13:20:53)

thanks for the shout out on the birthday thing.
I'd like to take a moment to talk about the 1-18-03 show at the Recher theater. That was my Bonabaptism, my first Joe show.
as i thought back the other day, after 11 years, I am still very overwhelmed. It was such an incredible show and it really was a life changing moment. I don't know exactly how to put it into words but i really have enjoyed life just that much more since then. it is not just because of the music and how much joy i got out of it or how i came to love talking about it and spreading the word, meeting folks thru here and at shows and having this place. Most of that came along the way but I was trying to come up with what that feeling actually was on that day. the thing that changed right then, never to be the same. i was just so darn happy because I had such a great time and thoroughly enjoyed myself but it was actually a joy of experiencing something so new in my life, an emotion that is not exactly defined. it was like experiencing a great joy i did not know was even possible. I mean I just never imagined having something like this i would love so much. I have been fortunate to experience some of life's greatest joys but this was just a thing i never knew existed at all so it wasn't even something I knew i wanted to seek out because i just never knew it could be that good like that. it would be like growing up on the north pole without much knowledge of other climates then going to a beach resort with 84 degrees and no humidity or something. i dunno, like knowing there is ice cream but not that you could put caramel, hot fudge, whipped cream and cherries on top. like having bread fresh baked out of the oven when your whole life you only ever had stake old sandwich bread or something. like that sort of.....!!!!!!
there is a terrific audio recording of the show. it was a spectacular set list also......I will share when i locate my good copy of it. someone had graciously uploaded the whole show onto youtube a couple years ago but it got taken down, poo.
also originally the live recording was mis-dated as being 04. Joe played the Recher a couple times in 04 but not 1-18 !!! a day that will live in my heart forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe was so nice also. i did not imagine getting to talk to an artists after a show so i was unprepared. I just kept repeating how great the show was, best ever for me, and he must have thanked me for coming out a hundred times. I wish i could go back to that day and re-do a few things but hey the memory is still completely awesome!

15 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-01-21 09:12:45)

Love your analogies Jane. And how cool that you got to see Joe for the first time on your birthday. You Rock, Jane!

I wasn't there, but it think that 1/21 date in Sandwich was the show where Joe said his leg actually went through the stage while he was playing. It was definitely in Sandwich, il and I think that's the only show he ever played there.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

17 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-01-21 20:56:24)

Thanks Bill S.  There's also a 7/20/05 Church Station show that seemed to check out. Leg through the stage ... I wonder how long Ill medical facilities are required to keep emergency room records. May be able to confirm this Jan'05 date after all! smile Sorry ... not funny.

(I have Joe played there on 8/6/04 too. Date checked out through a Forum post as well.)

18 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-01-23 16:34:57)

On this date one year ago, January 23 and tomorrow the 24th, were the Rock Candy Funk Party shows at the Baked Potato. These shows were the most amazing, magical shows we had ever been to and literally changed our lives in ways we could never imagine. Quite a bit was posted about it all:
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=23192

Some photos I took at the shows:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitrasdan … 617119084/

And some reviews:
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=23602