Topic: Reno Show Blitz

Hay All!    I am just back from a Thanksgiving trip to the Fat YOUCANTSAYTHATHERE Cattle Co in Harrison Idaho.  Love to watch the elk play from the living room window!

I plastered the Reno airport going and coming.   Ladies Room, ATM machines and the slot carousels.

Took to the streets on the North Shore, all stops for my errands, local watering holes and a big push on for the "Pray For Snow Party" at the Hacienda in Incline Village.

Praying for Joe traveling, it is so cold!  minus something last night and we won't be above freezing, day or night for a while.
Waiting for my landlord to thaw out the pipes right now!

Working on Joe's present for the M & G,  took a room at Circus Circus to beat the weather, looks like a storm all day Friday.

Any other Reno/Tahoe Street Teamers active?  Great to be back home !

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Re: Reno Show Blitz

So excited about seeing Joe in Reno. Saw him last April in Portland. Got the "Tour de Force" box set. Awesome.
I hate to be negative yet it will be 100% snow in the mountains after Joe's show in Oakland Friday night and 100% snow all day Saturday in Truckee. Could be a Highway 80 closure in effect. Could the show be delayed to Sunday night? Schedule does not show much time until after San Diego. Hope it all works out. Got friends in town for the show.

First, let me say sorry for the name of the Cattle Co.   That is the registered name in the State of Idaho.    I will leave it  out of future posts.

Mother Nature will do what she wants and always best to be well prepared and Safety First.

Anyone with some knowledge of what happens if a show is canceled? 

I have tickets and M & G from the purchase of the Tour d' Force box set.   

If the show is on, then I leave the Lake at Noon to arrive in Reno for 5 PM.  I should be able to make that even if I have to go around East Shore and thru Carson City then North to Reno.

Any help and advice appreciated!
Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:

First, let me say sorry for the name of the Cattle Co.   That is the registered name in the State of Idaho.    I will leave it  out of future posts.

Mother Nature will do what she wants and always best to be well prepared and Safety First.

Anyone with some knowledge of what happens if a show is canceled? 

I have tickets and M & G from the purchase of the Tour d' Force box set.   

If the show is on, then I leave the Lake at Noon to arrive in Reno for 5 PM.  I should be able to make that even if I have to go around East Shore and thru Carson City then North to Reno.

Any help and advice appreciated!

Tahoe Jo

I will be following up with Tamara in Customer Service tomorrow about my options if show is canceled or if the show goes on but I am snowed in the basin.

I will post as soon as I know anything and will start a storm thread as things develop.

Hope for the Best and prepare for the Worst.

Thanks to J&R Adventures for having such a great team!

Tahoe Jo

Looks like it is going to be nasty over the summit on 80 tonight. Hope Joe and the crew can make it over in a timely fashion after the show in Oakland. It's going to be a long night for them.
You should be OK coming down tomorrow afternoon since the roads should be cleared by then.
Good Luck to all

6 (edited by sally12333 2013-12-06 12:45:03)

Keeping a close eye on the Weather Channel for Oakland and Reno.

Please be careful you guys.  Even a Joe show is not worth risking life and limb (or IS it???)

Seriously, please use good judgment.  It's still saying 12-18 inches expected in Reno area. 

Praying for the safety of Joe, the crew, and all you Bonabuds.  Please keep us advised.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hay Sally,  It is not shaping good for Sierra travel.    Snow level starts at 1,000 Ft.   I asked a driver from the moving Co. on my street and he said it will be brutal.

He heard they will start to hold trucks on I 80 at Applegate 10PM tonight.

I have lived hear 35 years and I have worked SO HARD to be able to go to this concert, but my gut stays that Joe should stay put and travel safe, re-schedule and don't push it.

I would rather see him next year than try to chain up and get in line, hoping no one around you makes a mistake, white out and shaking.

With Luck, he could sit tight around Sac and then cruise thru when it has blown thru.

With Luck the same could be true for me to get to the concert, even if I have to go East Shore to Highway 5o thru Carson City and the Washoe Valley.

That route is often doable except the Washoe Valley is notorious for wind closure for trucks & Buses.

The cowgirl in me is still thinking that if I find out Joe made it thru then I am taking the straps out of my spur straps and coming.

I the other hand I had a good lecture from my mechanic a while back that I took to heart.

I will keep posting what I know.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

I found out that as of right now, the Reno show is on.

Get the prayers going (whatever brand you use) and Joe should be there.  Cal -Trans has  video feed weather cameras thru the pass.

May-be we can get a sight of the bus!

I don't Twitter, but there may be some information there.

I am doing all I can to be ready to get there if Mother Nature gives me the chance.

Stay Warm!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

I just have this picture in my head of Joe in a guitar laden sleigh, pulled by 8 magic reindeer coming over the Pass .

I think I will set out the milk and cookies and read, "Twas The Night Before Reno" and hope for the best tomorrow.

Think GOOD THOUGHTS!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

The Reno Show won't happen for me, but I hope we hear more about the whole adventure here on the Forum.

Glad Joe made it safe and sound.

I went ahead and joined Twitter last night, so I can hopefully keep up on the happenings!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Hey Jo, I'm on twitter also, Dan Silverman

skamokawa wrote:

Ok I will check it out.  I have no real idea how it works but I am puttering around and I like keeping up with Joe thru the storm changes.

Now that I made the plunge, I will see what develops.

Love of Joe dragged me onto my first (and still only) Forum or chat room, also to put  GG aka"Whisper's Wind Dancer" ( that is my Wild Born, Dog Stompin', Squirrel Chompin', Blues Lovin' JB Street Teamin' Chincoteague Pony) on Facebook.

Her picture is on the Twitter profile.  I got her the same time I found Joe, spring of 2012.  She was 5 years old and pretty untrained after being bought from the Virginia pony swim, shipped to Reno as a weaned foal and then barn baby spoiled as the grandkids she was bought for lost interest.

Her title comes from all true stories her first summer working with my 4-H club at the Lake.  She really is a full member of the "Tahoe Blues, Northside Chapter" of the JB Street Team.

I saw your other post and I will answer the questions  about the boats there.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

skamokawa wrote:

May Be better to have you send me a "Tweet" first.    Listed under "Tahoe Jo" with a picture of the Chincoteague Pony on the profile.

New to all of it and not sure to find the right Dan Silverman.

THANKS!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo