Topic: Thread for locations

Is there a thread that seperates all the states and countries so we can connect with other ST members in our area?

2 (edited by Rocket 2013-12-04 06:28:35)

Re: Thread for locations

Dark blues wrote:

Is there a thread that seperates all the states and countries so we can connect with other ST members in our area?

No.  Separation is not he key.  Knowledge is.  Where you FROM?

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

3 (edited by Rocket 2013-12-04 06:34:29)

Rocket wrote:
Dark blues wrote:

No.  Separation is not he key.  Knowledge is.  Where you FROM?

Let's see, I did some research...you are from Kansas City!  Put that in your profile, you'll / we'll eventually find out who is close or going to cross your Street Team foot paths... wink smile  That or the artificial intelligence aspects of cyber-space shall! big_smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Ok thanks, wish there was. We did this on a car forum and it actually got about 50 people together that never met in person and now we all meet on thurs nights and go on cruises with between 30-50 cars in a pack! Kinda cool huh.

5 (edited by Rocket 2013-12-04 10:50:22)

Dark blues wrote:

Ok thanks, wish there was. We did this on a car forum and it actually got about 50 people together that never met in person and now we all meet on thurs nights and go on cruises with between 30-50 cars in a pack! Kinda cool huh.

Yes, cool. I think we had/have a "where you from" general topic once...and I used the search to see you did an entry in Introductions to read you are in Kanasas City.
wink

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Jane H. wrote:

great idea Dark blues and that is cool about the car cruises!
I don't believe there is any rule against starting your own thread. The street team itself and our interpretations of it and its purposes are varied and have changed over the years.
Beyond a street team thing though many of us have met up in person at shows because we talked here first so it wouldn't necessarily have to be a street team thing.
anyway to try to answer you questions, there is not any set thing like that here but you could always start a thread about your area.
many times a lot of us travel to shows too and meet up for non Joe related things as well as Joe shows and street teaming. Some of us just like to talk about Joe and that is cool too but its real neat to meet friends that we found thru here.

^^^^
Words!

Thanks and welcome back, Jane. I was setting you up and counting on ya! wink  Dark Blues, JB Street Team has an uniquely open-ended and creative approach, always been freestyle friendly. Organized so that we (you, me, I, we, they, us) are as close as the nearest local corner to home base and still close by circumscribing the planet.

Rock ON & Keep the Street Machines Catalyst Converting Faithfully,
Rocket

Yeah it would need to be a Sticky or else it would just get lost in a sea of threads.

8 (edited by sally12333 2013-12-06 00:49:20)

Hi blues, I kinda tried to get the same kind of info, looking for fellow Pittsburghers on here.  Was told that such a search won't work on the profile information, it only applies to the text content of the posts.  Anyway not everyone enters their location in their profile = frustration.

If you pay attention, you will eventually be able pick out some fellow Kansas City-ites from all the posts.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

In about 2009 there was a Street Team effort on Facebook where each state had a group.
Oklahoma Supports Joe Bonamassa or Texas Supports Joe Bonamassa those groups are still there some had more members than others but it is a place to start if you want to try to connect. If you don't have a Facebook account and a lot of people don't you can start your own thread here and maybe others will too.

The way the Street Team director contacts you is from your initial signup where you submit your location but here you generally can check Shows and Setlists topic and see if there are any pre show get togethers planned. Not all shows have an organized effort to meet up but some areas do.

There also used to be a link to a separate site where you could plant a flag for your location...and it was a world map set up for JB fans. It was cool to see where Joe's fans were...today there might not be enough room for all the pins.
Does anybody remember what that site was? I'm guessing this was 6 or 7 years ago? This forum? Old forum?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Yeah I deleted my Facebook 2 years ago. There was too much drama, I'm sure I'm missing a lot on Joes Facebook page but oh well.

Hello... I am new here. I live in Central Texas. Temple/Belton area to be exact. I saw Joe for the first time 11/30/13 at Austin City Limits. I had already been a fan for several years, but the live performance really was a riveting experience. I decided to get involved because this man is truly special. If any of you live near Austin, or in between and wish to join forces to get the word out for Joe, please let me know. :-)