Re: Blackberry Smoke

newbonafan wrote:

We lucked into two VIP tickets to Thunder On The Parkway at Lake Lanier Islands here in Buford,  Georgia, a short distance from the house. It was a motorcycle rally/ concert held over two days. Now we are not the biker types but went anyway to see the bands. Friday night the headliner was Atlanta ' s own Drivin N Cryin and they rocked the place but Saturday the headliner was BlackBerry Smoke. I have had their latest CD, Whipporwill,  which is fantastic and they put on a helluva show. VIP access gave us a special fenced off spot right in front of the stage and we were up close and personal with the band, truly outstanding show all the way around. We also had meet and greet privileges afterward but I could look over to the side stage, people were already lining up. I didn't want to leave my spot and by the time the show ended there had to be a hundred people lined up waiting and as it was already past midnight we chose to just go home, we had been there all day and we were beat. If you ever get a chance to see BBS,  do, they are the best thing to happen to southern rock since Skynryd!

WORD!!!!!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Never seen them live, but just watched their 'Leave A Scar' DVD & it was fantastic. Superb melodic country rock. Grab a copy.

Agree Paul, great DVD and Cd package!

Anybody know when the new album is due to drop?

Lukelele wrote:

Anybody know when the new album is due to drop?

Not sure of the date but here is Charlie talking about it and a bunch of other topics.

http://theboot.com/blackberry-smoke-cha … ck=tsmclip

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

Just a few days removed from our second Smoke show. Just as good as the first. They played a new song at the end and said the new CD will be available Feb 2015.

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

+1, it is loaded already on uturd, just listened to the whole of it. I'm leaning towards buying it at some point, but would rather spend more and catch a show. It ain't no BS, they are smokin in this DVD/CD.

PaulG wrote:

Never seen them live, but just watched their 'Leave A Scar' DVD & it was fantastic. Superb melodic country rock. Grab a copy.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

fett2112 wrote:

Just a few days removed from our second Smoke show. Just as good as the first. They played a new song at the end and said the new CD will be available Feb 2015.

Just a few vids from the show-be sure to check out #3
1.http://youtu.be/uJRUXiMVe5w
2.http://youtu.be/_ZapHNRwZh8
3.http://youtu.be/-jxF4h7Orqs

these guys sure pack a case of wop ****. What a sound love it

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

46 (edited by newbonafan 2014-09-17 20:52:59)

They are playing the night after Thanksgiving at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and i am thinking about seeing them again.  Considering that by the time they finish playing, it will be my birthday. That could be a awesome way to celebrate 50 revolutions around the sun and the next week is my fifth Joe show in Greenville,  S.C., decisions. ..decisions....

The new cd is great (although not as great as Whipoorwill). The show in Madison last week really rocked. Always a fantastic live band.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

48 (edited by fett2112 2015-03-29 15:57:59)

ReverendPaul wrote:

The new cd is great (although not as great as Whipoorwill). The show in Madison last week really rocked. Always a fantastic live band.

I agree on all points. Just caught these cats again-third time-around-and simply loved it!! I have to say the new CD translates good live!! They also did a few covers: Led Zep Your Time Is Gonna Come-Skynard Working For The MCA-Beatles Why Don't We Do It In The Road!!  Again I have to say this is a must see live band!! Here is a vid we caught at the show!! https://youtu.be/ATNjodl-SmA

Some Autumn European dates:-

Sat. Oct 17   Sala   Alcorcón, Community Of Madrid, Spain 
Sun. Oct 18   Bikini   Barcelona, Spain 

Tue. Oct 20   Trabendo   Paris, A8, France 

Thu. Oct 22   Alcatraz   Milan, 09, Italy 

Fri. Oct 23   DYNAMO   Zurich, Etr, Switzerland 

Sat. Oct 24   Flex   Vienna, 09, Austria 

Mon. Oct 26   C-Club   Berlin, 16, Germany 
Tue. Oct 27   Gruenspan   Hamburg, Germany 

Thu. Oct 29   Debaser Medis   Stockholm, Sweden   
Fri. Oct 30   Mejeriet   Lund, Sweden 

Sun. Nov 01   Paradiso   Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

Tue. Nov 03   Academy   Birmingham, A7, United Kingdom   
Wed. Nov 04   Academy   Sheffield, L9, United Kingdom   
Thu. Nov 05   Academy   Newcastle, 02, United Kingdom 
Fri. Nov 06   Academy   Manchester, I2, United Kingdom 
Sun. Nov 08   The Forum   London, United Kingdom

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I saw Blackberry Smoke for the second time Friday night in Jackson, Ca. and was blown away not having seen them in 2 years. A kick butt set list from top to bottom with Zeps Your Time Is Gonna Come woven into Sleeping Dogs, you never know what might turn up in that one. Very nice of Charlie to acknowledge Merle Haggards passing as an intro into I Ain't Got The Blues, it really moved the crowd. I fortunately have a ticket for their show in San Francisco at the legendary Fillmore this Saturday night. Can't wait to get Smoked again and hoping their good friend Bob Weir will make an appearance with them since Dead & Co. are on a tour break till June.

Fire In The Hole!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

I saw Blackberry Smoke for the second time Friday night in Jackson, Ca. and was blown away not having seen them in 2 years. A kick butt set list from top to bottom with Zeps Your Time Is Gonna Come woven into Sleeping Dogs, you never know what might turn up in that one. Very nice of Charlie to acknowledge Merle Haggards passing as an intro into I Ain't Got The Blues, it really moved the crowd. I fortunately have a ticket for their show in San Francisco at the legendary Fillmore this Saturday night. Can't wait to get Smoked again and hoping their good friend Bob Weir will make an appearance with them since Dead & Co. are on a tour break till June.

Fire In The Hole!!!

J Dawg

One of my favorite bands going on!! Touring with Gov't Mule this summer!!

fett2112 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Fire In The Hole!!!

J Dawg

That show isn't coming to NorCal......yet!

ohiodawg13 wrote:
fett2112 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Fire In The Hole!!!

J Dawg

Yes it is....Aug 30 in Saratoga at The Mountain Winery..tix not on sale yet...

pat6put6man wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
fett2112 wrote:

Yes it is....Aug 30 in Saratoga at The Mountain Winery..tix not on sale yet...

Thanks for the update!