19 (edited by Spider 2013-11-08 15:21:40)

Re: Blackberry Smoke

In the Backyard   

"One Horse Town"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzoVLDdHwW4

"Ain't Got the Blues"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpA1UCUQ-w

South Park Sessions
"Deep Elem Blues"
http://youtu.be/8Q-2OijZpzE?t=2s

Enjoy Y'all!!!!

Stay Safe Too Please!

20 (edited by Kenny 2013-11-12 07:17:05)

Here's some UK dates in Feb/March 2014 :

28th - King Tuts, Glasgow
1st - The Bodega, Nottingham
2nd - Academy, Manchester
3rd - Islington Academy, London
5th - Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton

Now why did they choose that date for Glasgow when it coincides with Joe in Frankfurt???????

ohiodawg13 wrote:

OK! grabbed me a ticket to see BBS in April for a whopping $16.52 fee included. I'm joinin' my Southern Rock brotha' Tenn. Dave and some others up in Sacramento at Stoney's Rockin' Country Saloon. Southern Rock for the right price in a Honkytonk no less. May have to make another trip up there on March 27th to catch The Outlaws!

I Like My Rock Southern Style!!!

J Dawg

I got SMOKED!!! Picked up a copy of Whippoorwill and can't put it down. Sadly it's gonna be at least a year before they hit these parts again with their grueling touring schedule, but I'll be there!!!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

OK! grabbed me a ticket to see BBS in April for a whopping $16.52 fee included. I'm joinin' my Southern Rock brotha' Tenn. Dave and some others up in Sacramento at Stoney's Rockin' Country Saloon. Southern Rock for the right price in a Honkytonk no less. May have to make another trip up there on March 27th to catch The Outlaws!

I Like My Rock Southern Style!!!

J Dawg

I got SMOKED!!! Picked up a copy of Whippoorwill and can't put it down. Sadly it's gonna be at least a year before they hit these parts again with their grueling touring schedule, but I'll be there!!!

HEY DAWG!!!!!! cool  Yeah, the part about the partnership of Lord Willing, I'm hoping to also.  Smoke is a breath of fresh air...  Hope all is well for you, inside, surroundside, and in Benicia.  big_smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

All quiet on the western front Rocketman. The ribs are in the smoker and the beer is on ice. Happy 4/20 Easter Everybunny!!!

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Looked em up and loved it. Then checked their touring schedule... and they are coming to Hengelo in October! A town really close to me, for only +-20$, I'm going!!!

They comin' to Belgium again in a few months smile

good to have you back Dawg. We had a happy 4/20 as well, I smoked a turkey breast but dang they hard to keep lit. smile We hid the eggs for my grandson, then couldn't remember where all of them were, go figure. Glad you are well and hanging in there.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

All quiet on the western front Rocketman. The ribs are in the smoker and the beer is on ice. Happy 4/20 Easter Everybunny!!!

Think Green,

J Dawg

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

27 (edited by ohiodawg13 2014-04-21 23:53:52)

ahsmith33 wrote:

good to have you back Dawg. We had a happy 4/20 as well, I smoked a turkey breast but dang they hard to keep lit. smile We hid the eggs for my grandson, then couldn't remember where all of them were, go figure. Glad you are well and hanging in there.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Green,

J Dawg

Thanks Tre, same problem with smoking Salmon, b!tch to keep lit and gets the papers really greasy!!! Speakin' of smokin' stuff, I gotta go do another dose of Whippoorwill, that stuff is addictive!!!

Put this somewhere else on the forum- We saw this band two months ago not knowing much but just watching them on a concert special( the network was Palladia much like I discovered Joe(RAH!!)). Let me tell you that this is a must see live band!!  A little bit of everything thrown in the show including some AB and Led Zep. Charlier Starr is a great front man!

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

I'm seeing them next month at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. Should also have an extra ticket if anyone is interested

Alan

bump827 wrote:

I'm seeing them next month at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. Should also have an extra ticket if anyone is interested

Damn Bump, wrong coast, or as Charlie sings, I'd be on it like stink on sh!t!!!

Anybody seen these guys back east lately????

Let A Sleepin' Dawg Lie!!!

J Dawg

ohiodawg13 wrote:
bump827 wrote:

Damn Bump, wrong coast, or as Charlie sings, I'd be on it like stink on sh!t!!!

Wrong continent for me. Would have been nice to meet you again, Alan!

Great gig in Hamburg in March: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WLPUs-Sv6Q

This was the first time for me. Hope to catch them again this year . . .

Yeah, the Smoke crew have it going on.  I love the music and they are great guys to boot.
Here is a video I took at a show last summer.  The camera I used was not a video based camera so there is no zoom, its jittery and the sound is so so at best.  But it did capture the fun of the night and made at least one DJ and a few others happy that the moment was documented wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JC_viENgk

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"

See there's a Live album due out July 8th - Leave A Scar: Live In N.Carolina;  2 disc, so Amazon say.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

We lucked into two VIP tickets to Thunder On The Parkway at Lake Lanier Islands here in Buford,  Georgia, a short distance from the house. It was a motorcycle rally/ concert held over two days. Now we are not the biker types but went anyway to see the bands. Friday night the headliner was Atlanta ' s own Drivin N Cryin and they rocked the place but Saturday the headliner was BlackBerry Smoke. I have had their latest CD, Whipporwill,  which is fantastic and they put on a helluva show. VIP access gave us a special fenced off spot right in front of the stage and we were up close and personal with the band, truly outstanding show all the way around. We also had meet and greet privileges afterward but I could look over to the side stage, people were already lining up. I didn't want to leave my spot and by the time the show ended there had to be a hundred people lined up waiting and as it was already past midnight we chose to just go home, we had been there all day and we were beat. If you ever get a chance to see BBS,  do, they are the best thing to happen to southern rock since Skynryd!