Topic: Joe's show in Kansas City last year

This may not be the correct place to put this thread, but somehow it didn't seem right to put it in the photo section either.

This is a story as well as photos. Please allow me to explain:

I had never heard of Joe until I joined Fenderpick.com. I liked to think of myself as open minded but in reality I wasn't. Even when I saw Joes' name in several posts and guys were talking about him in a good way, I still had no desire to even check him out. I hadn't heard anything by him, so he wasn't even on my radar.

Then somehow, I saw the video of him and Mark and Bogey in Germany playing "Bridge To Better Days" and was blown away. Suddenly, I came to realize I needed to open myself up to other artists.

I used to never be this way, but when SRV was killed, something in me died. I still had a passion for music, and I was gigging, but was not interested in anyone new. New music by someone I was familiar with was ok, but new artists? Sorry, not interested. This was not  concious thinking, just the way I had programmed myself, so to speak.

Thanks to the guys at Fenderpick, I was opened up to Joe and a whole lot more. I now have CD's by artists I would never have listened to before.

So, I found out Joe was playing in Kansas City. The link below shows the whole thing, from a discussion on Joe's character, to a report on the show, complete with pictures. PhotoGal was there and I met her and her family. I hope you enjoy the story and the pictures.

http://www.fenderpick.com/showthread.ph … ansas+City

I was better, but I got over it...........

Re: Joe's show in Kansas City last year

Thanks for sharing the great pictures Stratcat and welcome aboard.  Enjoyed the story ...JBrules

3 (edited by Barbara 2007-06-07 10:47:06)

Re: Joe's show in Kansas City last year

Really enjoyed your story stratcat51.  Thanks for sharing.  WELCOME to the forum and to the wonderful world of Joe's rockin' blues!!!  We are a friendly and fun bunch here, so post away............. 

Barbara