Topic: tonite's show in Ridgefield, Ct.--what time will he go on?

I am driving in the hour-ish drive from NYC and cutting it close and will def. get there past 8pm when the show is due to start. I called the venue and they said there is no opening act.

What time has Joe been starting these days? I'm going to be extremely bummed if he goes on before 8:30pm...anyone have any idea? I'm already stressed out about missing a single note...

thanks

PS Joe if you're reading this--please start at 8:45!

Re: tonite's show in Ridgefield, Ct.--what time will he go on?

Tica-NYC wrote:

I am driving in the hour-ish drive from NYC and cutting it close and will def. get there past 8pm when the show is due to start. I called the venue and they said there is no opening act.

What time has Joe been starting these days? I'm going to be extremely bummed if he goes on before 8:30pm...anyone have any idea? I'm already stressed out about missing a single note...

thanks

On the tour page, it says that the show starts at 8:00...

Music is good for the Soul...

Yes, I realize that the official show start is 8pm.
But I'm wondering if anyone who has seen Joe in the past month or two--especially where there has been no opening act---if there is a set time that he starts.

I doubt he starts right at 8pm, but I'm wondering HOW LONG exactly...I haven't seen him since New Haven in Feb and I forget what time he went on there--like how long after the official start

any ideas?

(I am leaving NYC at like 7:30pm and they say it takes an hour..I'm hoping it will take less but realitiscally wont' get there till 8:30ish)  I'm bringing a Joe B novice and hate to have him miss a single song!

i would say you are gonna miss some of the show if there is no warm up band joe comes out pretty much right on time maybe 5 minutes late but not much more then that . if i was you and had a friend or someone you know going to the show tell him to unplug some stuff on the stage or from the soundboard so it will delay the show untill they figure out whats wrong and plug it back in otherwise start driving on the shoulder ........joe

Tica-NYC wrote:

thanks

ha ha, leaving now!

Have a good time, make sure to give us a review. smile

I got there at 8:45pm and he went on at 9pm. There WAS an opening act--evening though I called the box office twice and both times they said there wasn't. Anyway, thank goodness there was.

He was AWESOME. Interesting venue--a real 'theatre', not just a blues bar. So a slightly different feel and he got the whole place rockin'. His new song--Slow Gin--is AMAZING!!! He has a new bass guitar player--what happened to thelong haired red haired guy?

It was great. Don't remember the set list but it was similar, if not exactly the same as one posted for an earlier show this month.

At one point during one long guitar solo, someone from the audience yelled-- 'What planet are you from?!'  Joe stopped his played and laughed and then bent over and got back into it.

it was awesome. Worth the hour and 15 minute drive to see him--as always.  My friend was blown away and bought 3 cd's after  the show.

Tica-NYC wrote:

I got there at 8:45pm and he went on at 9pm. There WAS an opening act--evening though I called the box office twice and both times they said there wasn't. Anyway, thank goodness there was.

He was AWESOME. Interesting venue--a real 'theatre', not just a blues bar. So a slightly different feel and he got the whole place rockin'. His new song--Slow Gin--is AMAZING!!! He has a new bass guitar player--what happened to thelong haired red haired guy?

It was great. Don't remember the set list but it was similar, if not exactly the same as one posted for an earlier show this month.

At one point during one long guitar solo, someone from the audience yelled-- 'What planet are you from?!'  Joe stopped his played and laughed and then bent over and got back into it.

it was awesome. Worth the hour and 15 minute drive to see him--as always.  My friend was blown away and bought 3 cd's after  the show.

It sounds like another amazing event.  Glad to hear you arrived in time to see the whole show. 

Susan   smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Glad it all worked out! Thanks for the review. Good thing Joe's not fattening or we would all be obese! See if you can find out the name of the opening act..just curious. New bass player and addition of keyboard, just part of the evolutionary process. It just keeps getting better. Cathy

I was there & a first timer. I brought my 15 year old son who's been playing since he was 5. We were both dumbfounded!

I've enjoyed Joe's music for a while now, but live he is beyond belief, as you all already know. I was sitting right next to the "what planet are you from?" guy and could have choked him, but... I was basically thinking the exact same thing & Joe seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

I don't normally follow any performers around, but I'm going to catch as many semi-local (this one was a 3 hour drive) JB shows as time will allow, he is that awesome.

I locked the kid in the cellar when we got home & told him I'll let him out when he can play like that!

P.S. Slow Gin is killer. The band is very tight.

jfm, thanks for posting and keep coming back. MANY parents here with the same dreams! It's really cool that you and your son shared your Bonabaptisms! Let the addiction begin......Cathy

Hey JFM, glad to hear another positive report both on the show and your first experience.  Sloe Gin is the title song for his upcoming CD just in case you didn't know.  Glad your son enjoyed it too...

This show wrecked me. Joe was awesome, as usual. The new lineup was very tight and the new songs, particularly "Sloe Gin", are big time. I brought several Bonamassa newbies and they were blown away. I expected nothing less.

I'm not into reciting set lists so I won't go there but when Joe got into "Burnin' Hell" I could hardly stay in my seat. Carmine Rojas and Rick Melick appeared really into the atmosphere and several times they appeared awestruck at Joe's playing as well. Numerous street teamers were present all sporting the new t-shirts. Joe opened for Dr. John the last time he played at the Ridgefield Playhouse so his appearance was necessarily curtailed. This show was a typically full set and Joe had the crowd right where he wanted them. Several well-deserved standing ovations... 

There was a humorous moment when a lone voice cried out during a lull in Joe's solo, "What planet are you from?" Even Joe briefly stopped playing to chuckle before ripping into the rest of the solo.

A friend of mine got some great photos of the band, except for Rick Melick (who was partially hidden behind some speakers). I hope to have Joe sign several next week when I'm at the Newport Blues Cafe show in RI. Saw Joe after the show and requested that he sign a photo taken at his previous show here. It was a great picture, only when Joe noticed his missing guitar he paused and let out a big sigh. I apologized for bringing back the bad memory of his lost guitar but Joe was very gracious and, after signing the photo, he expressed confidence that his beloved guitar would turn up and he vowed that he would be reunited with it.

Joe's appearances in Connecticut are selling out. The last Toad's place show was packed (~500 people) and this show was sold out (>500 people).  I told Joe that we hardly have to promote his CT shows anymore. We just have to bring a newbie with us and they become instant fans. He modestly replied that it was due to all of the hard work put in by the Street Team members. The turnouts are very gratifying to all of the CT Street Teamers and I thank Tara for having encouraging me a couple of years ago to get more involved.

I see that Joe is playing Monday (6/11) at the Warner Theatre in Torrington, CT with Willie Nelson. Unfortunately I can't make it because I'll be on vacation in Newport anxiously awaiting Joe's appearance the following night. I hope everyone gets out to the Warner to see Joe.

"The Blues are the true facts of life expressed in words and song, inspiration, feeling, and understanding."
Willie Dixon

Thanks connmark! It's great to hear the band seems to be having fun! They tour more and work harder than most! Can't wait to hear about the next show. Spent some time in Newport. Beautiful! and Joe too! Enjoy!!                       Cathy

Hi conmark,

Have you been to the Newport Blues Cafe?  I saw Joe play there last July and so far that is my favorite venue I've seen him play.  You will need to be there early to get a spot at the bar or up by the stage.  Looking forward to hearing about this show. 

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Yes, I was also at the show last July. It is a great venue. I usually go early for dinner and hang for the show. I'll keep ya posted.

"The Blues are the true facts of life expressed in words and song, inspiration, feeling, and understanding."
Willie Dixon

Hey Connart, nice write up of the show and how Joe is filling up every place he books.  Nice plug for the Street Team members by Joe...

by the way, my other new favorite band is Wolfmother. Any fans out there? Wow do they rock. Such energy. I think they must burn 10,000 calories on stage per show.