19 (edited by Jane H. 2013-06-12 15:00:17)

Re: On this day in JUNE Bonahistory

i truly do not know for sure but am kind of skeptical of the three years in a row at Redwood Run?
i distinctly remember hearing about the festival but not that many times. but hey i have been wrong before
  I wish they wouldda done that (3 years in a row) with Joe at Hot August Blues!

EDITED; Oh duh i see 4 years? maybe that is why i remember redwood run cause he played there 4 years in a row!

FURTHER EDIT : have satisfied my own doubts by succesfully locating online evidence of each of the 4 years.

that is all....

Phew, that was close!!! yikes wink

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Those other pictures you posted from Newport were taken probably by the guy who kept getting in my way most of the night - lol.  The coolest part of that whole night was the guitar rack was not able to be set up next to the stage so all night Dave and Joe were passing all these awesome guitars right over our heads.  This was a fun night, but in retrospect a sad one - this was the last time we were able to see Joe in such a small venue (good for Joe, but I do miss such places).

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

22 (edited by David A. 2013-06-12 18:35:17)

In regard to the June 12th show in Greenville, I got a really great picture of Joe with my family after the show, he was on cloud nine.  Hard to believe that was five years ago.

Music is good for the Soul...

On June 17, 2006, Joe played at Jakes Toadhouse in Decatur, GA.  Place was packed and it was hot inside.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 025316002/

Some pictures from the June 17, 2011 BCC show at Hampton Beach to add to the list.

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.

samjp4 wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 025316002/

Some pictures from the June 17, 2011 BCC show at Hampton Beach to add to the list.

...and some 'images' from me... just a play around as i have some time on my hands... some captured video over Madusa.... some might like to watch?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppsq-rEDwOA

...not wishing to digress from original topic... delete if you want Jim!?

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

June 19, 2011 Black Country Communion at the 9:30 Club, Washington, DC. Killer show, nice to Jane H. and some other forum members.

27 (edited by sally12333 2013-06-23 10:22:29)

Roadcaseboy, what an amazing thing you are doing!!  Thank you for the effort!   smile

Noticed for 6/17/06 Decatur, Jakes Toadhouse??  Haha.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

28 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2013-06-23 12:32:32)

Thank you sally.  It was a month yesterday that I started....feels longer than that!!! Work's really gonna get hairy for me soon for next few months, but I'm determined to keep at it...if I slip a few days, it may be tough to catch up.

As I look for and compile dates, beginning to really see that Joe was "always on the road." smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

29 (edited by Jane H. 2013-06-24 07:14:15)

really enjoying it Roadcaseboy! and technically I met up with David and family at that BCC gig but had met him before (at a Joe event of course). The BCC gig, glad I did go. Great show till the last sing which 'burned' my ears a little. An otherwise strange day in a few ways but given the current situation, a special memory....mumble.

there is a JBB date in early July I will be looking forward to see if you catch and another one I am hoping you can refresh my memory! One is where i should have met David the first time (IIRC!?) but never did.

don't stress with the upcoming work overtime it wil all come together eventually. I hope you are copying and pasting this somewhere just in case a forum mishap might accidentally make it dissapear. very valuable! smile

30 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2013-06-25 08:24:37)

Thank you Jane.  I corrected my BBC 6/19 - David A  comment a bit. smile

Oh no, a July date that you know of that may be hard to find?  Now I'm a bit nervous. 

If you didn't open your history books and let me peek - I'd still be back in May looking for date info.  It's good you held a little back as a test...how else does someone learn? smile

Been wanting to post about your current Avatar.  When I see it, my heart rate immediately drops 20 bpm...very tranquil picture, and the bottle only adds to the backdrop. smile

June 26, 2004 JOE FEST Dallas, Tx, great event that Phil Cornell and others produced. It was at the Majestic Theatre and had Doyle Bramhall Sr. as one of the openers. Had a blast with the BBQ at Stubbs, Joe did some acoustic songs and great food.  The first big Joe event of the time. Got to meet Stu Craig (the first street team coordinator) and other forum members for the first time.

Here's some pics from Crossroads - http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 396306998/

Also, since so many of us got together for this from all over the world Bill S and his wife were gracious enough to have a big get-together the day before:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 277581843/

I have a few videos on youtube as well.  This was the one that got the most views I have ever had on anything (over 120,000!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda3tws3Wy8 

Also some Ryan McGarvey stuff as well (good friend of Joe's and awesome guitar player)

Great, but very, very hot day.

Sandy

Thanks so much Sandy!

Great photos and video.  I added ur links to the date.  Had to include the Pre Party!! Had to be a great time, and Rocket was in the house!  Great getting faces to Forum members.

This continues to be a lot of fun.  Thanks for keeping it going, to all.  Will be interesting to see what's in store for July.  I like the inclusion of forum Bonamaniac memories, it's most appropriate.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

a little pricey imo but i saw this RedWood Run hoodie from 2007 on ebay in case anyone who was there might be interested ( a couple Doheny shirts up too)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redwood-Run-30t … 58a196e19c

6/25/07 Hamburg Germany - Gruenspan

This was before I ever heard of Joe (I discovered him in September 2007).
But in the last seven years that I follow Joe I met a lot of people here in Hamburg that have seen EVERY show Joe played in Hamburg and still got all the tickets!
And NOBODY remembers that Grünspan-gig . . .