Re: Another "know it all"

cathysiler wrote:
Silhouette89 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

The reviewer has the right to post what he pleases. And I have the right to call him an ****. The Constitution holds true! smile

fair enough

Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.
My feelings hold true regardless of your opinion.
Maybe next time I can reach the gag reflex and you can choke on your own vomit.

Wow,this blows and maybe shows that frazier hit a nerve??

Also its sad to see this posted on a music board!

First I'll say read Jim's remarks. This is Joe's Fan's Forum. We never claimed to be objective. Then I'll say you should see the wrath hurled at the critic to whom Joe refers in his post. As for Bill's response, you would also find yourself chuckling if you knew Bill. This is one of the most civil communities in CyberWorld, esp. those related to music.

Well okay, still there´s a difference between unobjective and plain insulting.
The critic made some unfair points but he didn´t wish anyone would choke on his vomit ;-)

Re: Another "know it all"

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
jim m wrote:
Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.
My feelings hold true regardless of your opinion.
Maybe next time I can reach the gag reflex and you can choke on your own vomit.

Just figured out what KMA meant. You have in tears Bill. I saw that one on my Google alert too. I was going to post it but you beat me to it.  I just find it funny the people that don't get it when they see a Joe show. I don't care if they are musicians or music critiques I think they must be the unhappiest soulless people on earth. Those that criticize us for lambasting them I find even harder to understand. We are fans!!!! Dude this is a fan forum. I'm ready to organize a mob and picket the dudes house. What is wrong with him and more importantly what is wrong with him receiving the wrath of our collective disdain for him to dare insult our friend Joe.

You know Frazier if you had any idea that Joe thinks guys like Bill S are his friends and family then I don't believe you would insult him or any of his fans.

But why is this critic so important that you want to picket his house?  Other than an article, what important thing in this world did he do to merit such a thing?   

One thing Frazer asked of the fans was if you were going to criticize the critic, can you have some substance behind it, instead of just calling him a "moron".  Not everything he said was "Anti-Joe".

corrected my mistake

Rivercat, I was being facetious.

Re: Another "know it all"

frazerburns19 wrote:
jim m wrote:

You know Frazier if you had any idea that Joe thinks guys like Bill S are his friends and family then I don't believe you would insult him or any of his fans.

They're all his friends & family? God i had no idea, i'd better not have an opinion opposing theirs then either because it's clear that common sense is in the minority here. Let me know when Joe next invites you all for dinner at his house, or when he lets you hold one of his '59 LP's, or texts you to see what your weekend plans are. Friends? Gosh how lovely

Jim would know.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: Another "know it all"

frazerburns19 wrote:
jim m wrote:

You know Frazier if you had any idea that Joe thinks guys like Bill S are his friends and family then I don't believe you would insult him or any of his fans.

They're all his friends & family? God i had no idea, i'd better not have an opinion opposing theirs then either because it's clear that common sense is in the minority here. Let me know when Joe next invites you all for dinner at his house, or when he lets you hold one of his '59 LP's, or texts you to see what your weekend plans are. Friends? Gosh how lovely

I'm quite willing to take all your insults and abuse if it means i get to say what i want to say and do so without resorting to personal name calling myself. I wasn't derogatory, i didn't get personal or needlessly vindictive, and merely questioned the intent of the poster.

As for the person who tried to draw a parallel between this post and me having posted videos of my playing for attention from Joe, look back through my previous posts/topics on my profile (there isn't many) and you'll see that any time i have posted a video (and i only did so a couple of times when i first joined the forum, and haven't since), it's been with the direct purpose of getting advice & feedback from the other members, (for example, my first attempt at Jazz, and advice on becoming a session musician), i've never posted with the approach of 'hey, here's a vid of me playing check it out'. So, in actuality, your statement doesn't apply to me, and all you've done is indirectly insult players like Stefan.

Seeing as i'll probably come under a lot of fire for this post, i'll make sure i mention the fact that i wouldn't be here if i wasn't a massive fan of Joe, and that i listen to his music nearly every day, buy his albums, and attend the shows (without filming them). I'm not here to 'troll', ruffle feathers, or just plain disagree with people for the sake of it, i see things that i don't like now and again, and i point them out directly, without being an insincere smart-arse about it. I don't post on this forum all the time like some of you here, i only post when i feel i actually have something to say.

But yeah, i've decided to play the martyr card now. Bring on the heat

Also, if you're going to flame me, get my @#$%^^&# name right please wink

OK Frazerburns19, How's that? Bill might of flamed you a bit I just used a metaphor to explain how Joe appreciates those that carry his torch here. Joe does recognize fans and remembers details of conversations had in an uncanny way. That to me demonstrates his real interest in the people that are his fans. Suspecting Bill's motives for posting only tells me you don't know him. I don't suspect your motives for posting here but It seems that you have no problem speaking your mind to whomever you feel the need to share your innate wisdom.

edited to add: Since it appears nobody quite understands my stylistic literary techniques that last one was sarcasm.

Re: Another "know it all"

"As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day"

Is there anyone out there that thinks this wasn't an insult?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Another "know it all"

Bill S wrote:

"As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day"

Is there anyone out there that thinks this wasn't an insult?

Words are what I do (definitely no musician! wink ), so if I might make an observation: It is quite common on online forums for someone to post a harshly-worded message, then feign innocence if someone takes offense. It is not unusual for the person who made the original provocative remark to then deflect negative reactions by blaming those who took offense ("Don't be so sensitive," etc.). This phenomenon is well-known in communication theory...

How long one of these square dances lasts is mostly a function of the provocateur's motivation. If their original venting met their emotional needs, they will typically refrain from further comment. But often they find satisfaction in the controversy and negative attention they have stimulated, and will continue to poke the bear for some time. By the time you reach the stage where much of the discussion is "Why are you attacking me for having an opinion?" and "It's a free country and I can say what I want," it is usually clear that reason has left the building and all that is going on is folks seeking to satisfy some need for emotional conflict...

I should add that it was this sort of thing (i.e., conversational threads where folks who suggested negative commentary didn't belong in this particular forum were attacked by folks playing the "you're just a mindless fanboy" card) that caused me to take a break from this place...

Personally, I'm fine living in a world where there are folks who don't dig Joe's stuff. Less competition for tickets!  wink  Having said that, though, people who feign surprise that negative commentary about him will be less than warmly received are either naive or willfully obtuse. Honestly, what could they have expected would happen in THIS place? This isn't some garden-variety message board devoted to music in general, it is the gathering place for Joe's fandom. It is Bonamassaville. That is its purpose. If you think we are mindless fanboys, kindly go elsewhere. We sort of like being fanboys. And, speaking strictly for myself, there is nothing "mindless" about my appreciation for Joe and his music, thank you very much. BCC didn't really do it for me, for instance, but I'm okay with others in these parts loving it, and I certainly would never presume to post negative comments about BCC in this forum. Does that make sense?

It is apparent in Joe's own responses to these types of controversies that the only thing that really bothers him is someone saying insulting things about US, his fans. If he doesn't mind what reviewers are saying about HIM, I see no purpose in our getting bent out of shape about it. Personally, I'm too busy licking my chops in anticipation of Joe and Beth's forthcoming album to give two hoots about what some reviewer said...  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

61 (edited by Jane H. 2013-05-01 11:27:25)

Re: Another "know it all"

good posts, interesting thread here.
i'd just like to add that it goes both ways as far as the feeling of not wanting to be here because someone might interpret something as negative against Joe. just as much if not more than feeling like its not ok to lavish drooly compliments all the time.

this particular review those was so negative as dru pinted out, that i didn't see it as a case of just KJA (kissing Joe's amp - or acoustic which every way you fly)

anyway hope we all give each other more slack as all our heads and viewpoints and experinces etc are all so different but we are all Joe fans for the very most part

and not that it needs being said or such but grateful for having the place to do so and hope Joe of all of us gets we all mean our best by him even if someone thinks otherwise. its when we put our opinion on others thoughts that it makes it so much harder to feel one's point has gotten across. i'm no saint but i try not to do that as i know how it hurts to have it happen to me - especially when i fear Joe may get the wrong idea about me based on someone else's opinion of it - especially when they don't ask me to clarify etc.

that being said it was real hard to intepret that review as anything but someone soiling something they are jealous of. admitedly though i only read the first few paragrahs. if it got better there was no indication whatsoever it was going to so i didn't take the time. i was glad for the heads up about it though. i think its good to know that this behavior exisits.

Re: Another "know it all"

Coach305 wrote:
Bill S wrote:

"As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day"

Is there anyone out there that thinks this wasn't an insult?

Words are what I do (definitely no musician! wink ), so if I might make an observation: It is quite common on online forums for someone to post a harshly-worded message, then feign innocence if someone takes offense. It is not unusual for the person who made the original provocative remark to then deflect negative reactions by blaming those who took offense ("Don't be so sensitive," etc.). This phenomenon is well-known in communication theory...

How long one of these square dances lasts is mostly a function of the provocateur's motivation. If their original venting met their emotional needs, they will typically refrain from further comment. But often they find satisfaction in the controversy and negative attention they have stimulated, and will continue to poke the bear for some time. By the time you reach the stage where much of the discussion is "Why are you attacking me for having an opinion?" and "It's a free country and I can say what I want," it is usually clear that reason has left the building and all that is going on is folks seeking to satisfy some need for emotional conflict...

I should add that it was this sort of thing (i.e., conversational threads where folks who suggested negative commentary didn't belong in this particular forum were attacked by folks playing the "you're just a mindless fanboy" card) that caused me to take a break from this place...

Personally, I'm fine living in a world where there are folks who don't dig Joe's stuff. Less competition for tickets!  wink  Having said that, though, people who feign surprise that negative commentary about him will be less than warmly received are either naive or willfully obtuse. Honestly, what could they have expected would happen in THIS place? This isn't some garden-variety message board devoted to music in general, it is the gathering place for Joe's fandom. It is Bonamassaville. That is its purpose. If you think we are mindless fanboys, kindly go elsewhere. We sort of like being fanboys. And, speaking strictly for myself, there is nothing "mindless" about my appreciation for Joe and his music, thank you very much. BCC didn't really do it for me, for instance, but I'm okay with others in these parts loving it, and I certainly would never presume to post negative comments about BCC in this forum. Does that make sense?

It is apparent in Joe's own responses to these types of controversies that the only thing that really bothers him is someone saying insulting things about US, his fans. If he doesn't mind what reviewers are saying about HIM, I see no purpose in our getting bent out of shape about it. Personally, I'm too busy licking my chops in anticipation of Joe and Beth's forthcoming album to give two hoots about what some reviewer said...  big_smile

I'm over it, and i'm sure Bill is too. Cue the next topic!

Me playing Joe's actual Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jk58_vl2s

Re: Another "know it all"

frazerburns19 wrote:
Coach305 wrote:
Bill S wrote:

"As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day"

Is there anyone out there that thinks this wasn't an insult?

Words are what I do (definitely no musician! wink ), so if I might make an observation: It is quite common on online forums for someone to post a harshly-worded message, then feign innocence if someone takes offense. It is not unusual for the person who made the original provocative remark to then deflect negative reactions by blaming those who took offense ("Don't be so sensitive," etc.). This phenomenon is well-known in communication theory...

How long one of these square dances lasts is mostly a function of the provocateur's motivation. If their original venting met their emotional needs, they will typically refrain from further comment. But often they find satisfaction in the controversy and negative attention they have stimulated, and will continue to poke the bear for some time. By the time you reach the stage where much of the discussion is "Why are you attacking me for having an opinion?" and "It's a free country and I can say what I want," it is usually clear that reason has left the building and all that is going on is folks seeking to satisfy some need for emotional conflict...

I should add that it was this sort of thing (i.e., conversational threads where folks who suggested negative commentary didn't belong in this particular forum were attacked by folks playing the "you're just a mindless fanboy" card) that caused me to take a break from this place...

Personally, I'm fine living in a world where there are folks who don't dig Joe's stuff. Less competition for tickets!  wink  Having said that, though, people who feign surprise that negative commentary about him will be less than warmly received are either naive or willfully obtuse. Honestly, what could they have expected would happen in THIS place? This isn't some garden-variety message board devoted to music in general, it is the gathering place for Joe's fandom. It is Bonamassaville. That is its purpose. If you think we are mindless fanboys, kindly go elsewhere. We sort of like being fanboys. And, speaking strictly for myself, there is nothing "mindless" about my appreciation for Joe and his music, thank you very much. BCC didn't really do it for me, for instance, but I'm okay with others in these parts loving it, and I certainly would never presume to post negative comments about BCC in this forum. Does that make sense?

It is apparent in Joe's own responses to these types of controversies that the only thing that really bothers him is someone saying insulting things about US, his fans. If he doesn't mind what reviewers are saying about HIM, I see no purpose in our getting bent out of shape about it. Personally, I'm too busy licking my chops in anticipation of Joe and Beth's forthcoming album to give two hoots about what some reviewer said...  big_smile

I'm over it, and i'm sure Bill is too. Cue the next topic!

Amen!
Jim, not trying to do your job, but it seems like it might be a good time to shut this down

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Another "know it all"

Bill S wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Words are what I do (definitely no musician! wink ), so if I might make an observation: It is quite common on online forums for someone to post a harshly-worded message, then feign innocence if someone takes offense. It is not unusual for the person who made the original provocative remark to then deflect negative reactions by blaming those who took offense ("Don't be so sensitive," etc.). This phenomenon is well-known in communication theory...

How long one of these square dances lasts is mostly a function of the provocateur's motivation. If their original venting met their emotional needs, they will typically refrain from further comment. But often they find satisfaction in the controversy and negative attention they have stimulated, and will continue to poke the bear for some time. By the time you reach the stage where much of the discussion is "Why are you attacking me for having an opinion?" and "It's a free country and I can say what I want," it is usually clear that reason has left the building and all that is going on is folks seeking to satisfy some need for emotional conflict...

I should add that it was this sort of thing (i.e., conversational threads where folks who suggested negative commentary didn't belong in this particular forum were attacked by folks playing the "you're just a mindless fanboy" card) that caused me to take a break from this place...

Personally, I'm fine living in a world where there are folks who don't dig Joe's stuff. Less competition for tickets!  wink  Having said that, though, people who feign surprise that negative commentary about him will be less than warmly received are either naive or willfully obtuse. Honestly, what could they have expected would happen in THIS place? This isn't some garden-variety message board devoted to music in general, it is the gathering place for Joe's fandom. It is Bonamassaville. That is its purpose. If you think we are mindless fanboys, kindly go elsewhere. We sort of like being fanboys. And, speaking strictly for myself, there is nothing "mindless" about my appreciation for Joe and his music, thank you very much. BCC didn't really do it for me, for instance, but I'm okay with others in these parts loving it, and I certainly would never presume to post negative comments about BCC in this forum. Does that make sense?

It is apparent in Joe's own responses to these types of controversies that the only thing that really bothers him is someone saying insulting things about US, his fans. If he doesn't mind what reviewers are saying about HIM, I see no purpose in our getting bent out of shape about it. Personally, I'm too busy licking my chops in anticipation of Joe and Beth's forthcoming album to give two hoots about what some reviewer said...  big_smile

I'm over it, and i'm sure Bill is too. Cue the next topic!

Amen!
Jim, not trying to do your job, but it seems like it might be a good time to shut this down

Will do Bill.