19 (edited by Rocket 2013-04-22 12:52:50)

Re: Who Bought Bonamassa Tickets Purchased Through PBS?

sally12333 wrote:
KatClark wrote:

Flipping channels one night, and there is the RAH show on PBS. I stopped what I was doing. I turned the tv rig way up, and within the hour I was on the phone to donate/purchase tickets. I don't want to sound dorky or cliche, but that show changed my life.

A big +1 !!!   So many of us in the same boat!     big_smile

I presume you were both satisfied with the $pent results???!!!

It probably can be credited with changing Joe's life more than all of ours combined. wink

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

RAH probably can be credited with changing Joe's life more than all of ours combined. wink

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Yes, you're right, Rocket-man!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hey guys,

Just wanted to address this topic. PBS supports Joe unconditionally in every tour market and has exposed a lot of new people to his music and for that, we let them secure some premium seats and offer a few other items (CDs, DVDs and M&Gs) to bundle to raise money for their local station. If there's an issue of your local market overselling their tickets, unfortunately there's not much we can do about that.

From what I understand, when you make a donation to PBS, you're not securing specific seats, just your tickets to see the show and these are the best seats available to PBS. If you would like to secure specific seats in the first few rows, your best bet is to go through our fan pre-sale and/or work with the venue directly.

Having said all that, if there's a station promising front row center seats when that's clearly not the case, that's an issue of misrepresentation and if you can provide me with specifics (names, stations, who said what and when they said it and what you were promised versus what you ended up with), I'd be happy to look into it for you.

22 (edited by sally12333 2013-04-22 14:54:51)

Andy, appreciate your input.  Thanks for making the effort.

Something I've always wondered...are you at liberty to say, does J&R give the tickets, cds, DVDs, etc. to PBS and PBS keeps all the pledge money?  Or does PBS pay J&R a percentage of the pledge prices?

Thanks for your help on this topic.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

23 (edited by Rocket 2013-04-22 15:32:05)

sally12333 wrote:

Something I've always wondered...are you at liberty to say, does J&R give the tickets, cds, DVDs, etc. to PBS and PBS keeps all the pledge money?  Or does PBS pay J&R a percentage of the pledge prices?

Only their hairdresser, wait a minute, only their accountant knows for sure! smile

I would seriously doubt J & R get a "kickback".  I lay faith it is donation for donation for donation's sake and worth.  Anywho, it is essentially what Andy said.  And publicity as good as PBS's is an easily decided, low risk-high return, no brainer of a bargain, really a surefire win-win situation for PBS affiliates everywhere, and, of course, Joe Bonamassa.  And those who gladly and excitedly take advantage of a pretty good thing.

Rock ON & Keep the Fairly Valued Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

Only their hairdresser, wait a minute, only their accountant knows for sure! smile

I would seriously doubt J & R get a "kickback".  I lay faith it is donation for donation for donation's sake and worth.  Anywho, it is essentially what Andy said.  And publicity as good as PBS's is an easily decided, low risk-high return, no brainer of a bargain, really a surefire win-win situation for PBS affiliates everywhere, and, of course, Joe Bonamassa.  And those who gladly and excitedly take advantage of a pretty good thing.

Rocket

Just to echo Rocket's statements, we trade our product (tickets, CDs, DVDs and M&Gs) for promotion (them playing Joe's concerts on-air). PBS then sets the prices and all proceeds from donations go to the local stations. We don't receive anything from pledge contributions.

There are issues every now and then, as some stations operate more independently than others, as is the case with Montreal, whom I'm just learning oversold their show. It's unfortunate, but miscommunication happens and what happened in Montreal is entirely on that local station.

Hi All
I also purchase tickets through PBS for two reasons to support PBS and to support Joe. The location i never expect or would imagine i would get near front row but they are always pretty good seats. If some stations are saying great first two three rows wow i would be surprised. If you want the good seats you need to be on line and ready when fans codes come out. For me buying the PBS tickets is for a good cause. Money supports the station and I give the tickets to friends or deserving local fans.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Street Team Andy wrote:
Rocket wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

Rocket

Just to echo Rocket's statements, we trade our product (tickets, CDs, DVDs and M&Gs) for promotion (them playing Joe's concerts on-air). PBS then sets the prices and all proceeds from donations go to the local stations. We don't receive anything from pledge contributions.

There are issues every now and then, as some stations operate more independently than others, as is the case with Montreal, whom I'm just learning oversold their show. It's unfortunate, but miscommunication happens and what happened in Montreal is entirely on that local station.

BTW, whoever came up with this idea....kudos. That was marketing genius and (other than Joe's enormous talent) IMO the primary reason for the rise in Joe's popularity.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Street Team Andy wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

BTW, whoever came up with this idea....kudos. That was marketing genius and (other than Joe's enormous talent) IMO the primary reason for the rise in Joe's popularity.

I agree.  If it hadn't been for PBS, my exposure to Joe might have been a long time in coming.   The seats we got for the Sacramento show were good and we were told we wouldn't receive them until 2 weeks before the concert. It truly is a  Win Win Win for everyone.

The only suggestion I would make, is to also use the PBS platform to promote "Keeping The Blues Alive" efforts and accomplishments.  I have seen Joe speak about how the young up and coming keep him on his toes, but not much about how much he helps them.    I understand his reluctance to toot his own horn, but WE should.   Such a giving heart deserves to be recognized.  Any of my Street Team efforts always includes "Keeping The Blues Alive".

I am so happy to have found this forum.  The members have all made it so easy for a barely computer literate "Cowgirl" to join in.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Jane, Jane, Jane!  Do not concern thyself with the position within the supposition that discontentment of (allegedly "more") discerning sophisticates would disrupt the dependably down and dirty department of Joe Bonamassa...Last time I checked Joe Bonamassa is still a gritty, gutty, guide to the the glory and the power of loud Rock ON Blues!

We've beat this one down.  I'd say we have firmly established that PBS seats ARE "better than average" seats, and oh, yes, the exact location is a mystery, BUT, since they are usually offered PRE PRESALE, there is at least a GUARANTY of attendance at a (possibly much much too quickly sold out) show when regular ticketing (presale or general public) sales start. wink big_smile cool

Rock ON & Keep The  Faith,
Rocket

Well I can't say I didn't see this day coming a few years back when scoring prime tix to Joe's gigs would become a well planned tactical maneuver. Oh how I miss those days about 5-6 years ago when if a show actually had reserved seating and if you bought the morning they went on sale you were in the first couple rows, no codes, no scalpers. I knew the prices would escalate and good for JB as to how prized the tix have become. Man don't even get me thinkin' of the hole in the wall clubs pre-reserved for 10, 12, 15 $. Those WERE the days. I'm amazed how far Joe's come since I first caught him opening for BB in '05.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Rocket wrote:

Rocket, Abso-freaking-lutely!

And J-Dawg, glad you are here to share some perspective!

KatClark wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket, Abso-freaking-lutely!

And J-Dawg, glad you are here to share some perspective!

Thanks! BTW, did you make it to Sacto. last week?

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

My 2 cents even though only worth 1/2 cent.  I agree marketing with PBS was a brilliant move on J &R's part.  Win Win for all around in my opinion.   I have not purchased thru  PBS but our best friend did last year for the Evansville IN show.  He had 5th row. 

I am so happy for Joe that his shows are selling out so fast and so happy for us that he does the PBS thing.  Makes it much easier to tell folks about him.

I can relate to the not knowing where the seats are.   I am doing the meet and greet and free tickets thing this fall from purchase of the last lithograph.  I will not know until the day of the show where we are.  GRRRRRRRRR!  But I know the show will be great and that wil lhave to do for now.  For sure it lends itself to more excitement for the show.

wvgirlinky, You might be pleasantly surprised!

34 (edited by KatClark 2013-04-23 14:05:22)

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sadly, I didn't make it down to Sacto. Next time for sure!

edit to add: but I got Oakland in December!

KatClark wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sadly, I didn't make it down to Sacto. Next time for sure!

edit to add: but I got Oakland in December!

Bump City!!! I organized a nice pre-party last time JB was there.

skamokawa wrote:

wvgirlinky, You might be pleasantly surprised!

I hope so!!!!!!!!