Re: Two tix w/M&G for Phoenix this Sunday 4/21

helrazr84 wrote:

Hey 827, your attitude on here lately is uncalled for. This forum has moderators, you are not one of them. If you don't like a topic, then ignore it. If you feel this thread is a scam, then simply report it and let it go.

He was asking legitimate questions.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

jim m wrote:

I don't know if it is a scam. Conorb vouching for the guy is good enough for me. I don't think he was making fun of where you are from more logistics would prevent you from making the purchase. He already has made arrangements to redeem the tickets in Phoenix. So it is his call whether he chooses to sell them or not. I don't think it matters what he does with the money. They are his to do with what he wants. Selling above face value is frowned on here. That would be my only concern. He posted the availability of his tickets and contact info. Nothing more needs to be said.

Voice of reason.

See that's the thing, Jim. These tickets were part of the litho purchase which was I believe $500 plus $75 shipping. Now the seats have a value but I will not have the tickets in hand till day of show to see what's printed on them, if anything.  Maybe someone knows what the face value would be from Ticketmaster and could post it here. The meet and greet? Well that should have value too.  I'm not looking to make a fortune here, that's why I decided to donate some of the proceeds. (Let's say, $100). The rest would offset the cost of the litho. AND two fellow Joe fans can have a concert experience that they will never forget for the rest of their lives. No scam here.

21 (edited by bump827 2013-04-18 09:33:46)

jackcress wrote:
jim m wrote:

I don't know if it is a scam. Conorb vouching for the guy is good enough for me. I don't think he was making fun of where you are from more logistics would prevent you from making the purchase. He already has made arrangements to redeem the tickets in Phoenix. So it is his call whether he chooses to sell them or not. I don't think it matters what he does with the money. They are his to do with what he wants. Selling above face value is frowned on here. That would be my only concern. He posted the availability of his tickets and contact info. Nothing more needs to be said.

Voice of reason.

See that's the thing, Jim. These tickets were part of the litho purchase which was I believe $500 plus $75 shipping. Now the seats have a value but I will not have the tickets in hand till day of show to see what's printed on them, if anything.  Maybe someone knows what the face value would be from Ticketmaster and could post it here. The meet and greet? Well that should have value too.  I'm not looking to make a fortune here, that's why I decided to donate some of the proceeds. (Let's say, $100). The rest would offset the cost of the litho. AND two fellow Joe fans can have a concert experience that they will never forget for the rest of their lives. No scam here.

Let me understand this. You want to sell the tickets and meet and greet "in order to offset the cost of the lithograph". So you'd spend nothing, give a nominal $100 to a charity and have the lithograph for free? I beg to differ with your opinion: that's scalping. Sale of tickets beyond their face value is frowned on this site.

And maybe you're better off doing it on Craigslist where its buyer beware

Alan

Top tickets for the concert are $99.00.  So anything above that to me is scalping.

Alan

jackcress wrote:
jim m wrote:

Voice of reason.

Reported to moderators since you spelled it out so plainly. Let them decide if tickets obtained from the purchase of a lithograph can be sold on Joe's own forum to cover your entire cost less the proposed $100 donation.

Alan

bump827 wrote:
jackcress wrote:
jim m wrote:

Voice of reason.

Reported to moderators since you spelled it out so plainly. Let them decide if tickets obtained from the purchase of a lithograph can be sold on Joe's own forum to cover your entire cost less the proposed $100 donation.

Man what is your deal? I never said entire cost, offer me 200 bucks and I'll give a hundred to charity. And my last post was directed TO the moderator.  WTF man, why are you so invested in this?

jackcress wrote:
bump827 wrote:
jackcress wrote:

Voice of reason.

Man what is your deal? I never said entire cost, offer me 200 bucks and I'll give a hundred to charity. And my last post was directed TO the moderator.  WTF man, why are you so invested in this?

Why don't you ask Joe if he likes scalping tickets purchased with a lithograph?  You said "to offset the cost of the lithograph". It sticks in my claw that you'd buy something so you can have the lithograph for "say $100" while everyone else who bought it paid $500

Alan

jackcress wrote:
jim m wrote:

Voice of reason.

Should of quit while you were ahead.