Topic: Two tix w/M&G for Phoenix this Sunday 4/21

Due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to attend this Sundays show. I now can not use my two tickets. These were in the package with the Lithograph I bought and are described as "best available". I've done this before and got row 3, dead center. They also come with a Meet and Greet. For a true Joe fan this is as cool as it gets. That's why I'm offering them here and not Craigslist. They will go to the highest cash donation offer. How much and where the money will be donated is completely up to me but I can promise that a local Animal rescue group will be a beneficiary. Text or call for more details at 570-878-8384.

The tickets and wristbands are being held at the box office in my name for a 4 o'clock pick up. I can meet you there.

Re: Two tix w/M&G for Phoenix this Sunday 4/21

jackcress wrote:

Due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to attend this Sundays show. I now can not use my two tickets. These were in the package with the Lithograph I bought and are described as "best available". I've done this before and got row 3, dead center. They also come with a Meet and Greet. For a true Joe fan this is as cool as it gets. That's why I'm offering them here and not Craigslist. They will go to the highest cash donation offer. How much and where the money will be donated is completely up to me but I can promise that a local Animal rescue group will be a beneficiary. Text or call for more details at 570-878-8384.

The tickets and wristbands are being held at the box office in my name for a 4 o'clock pick up. I can meet you there.

I'm sure a call to J&R will let you defer the cash in of the litho credits. I've done this myself.  They are good forever until redeemed.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
jackcress wrote:

I'm sure a call to J&R will let you defer the cash in of the litho credits. I've done this myself.  They are good forever until redeemed.

Thanks, I will look into this but for now the offer stands.

jackcress wrote:

I'm not interested but let me ask - is the money for the tickets and meet and greet going to you and YOU will make the donation or is the buyer going to make out a check to the charity?

Alan

jackcress wrote:

They will go to the highest cash donation offer. How much and where the money will be donated is completely up to me but I can promise that a local Animal rescue group will be a beneficiary. Text or call for more details at 570-878-8384.

Forgive me for being a skeptic but I read this as the cash will go to you and how much of that will get donated will then be up to you? So someone else will put up the money for what will be a tax deduction for you? And it may not be the entire money paid to you? Correct me if I'm wrong

Alan

bump827 wrote:
jackcress wrote:

They will go to the highest cash donation offer. How much and where the money will be donated is completely up to me but I can promise that a local Animal rescue group will be a beneficiary. Text or call for more details at 570-878-8384.

Forgive me for being a skeptic but I read this as the cash will go to you and how much of that will get donated will then be up to you? So someone else will put up the money for what will be a tax deduction for you? And it may not be the entire money paid to you? Correct me if I'm wrong

I worded it that way just in case selling tickets above face value (scalping) was illegal in my state. I doubt it but I really don't know. These tickets were a throw-in for buying the litho so one could say that they cost me nothing. So you give me the cash and you have my word that I will make a donation to a no-kill shelter. The tax deduction never even occurred to me, I just want to help feed some dogs with some money I otherwise would not have.

7 (edited by bump827 2013-04-17 18:02:44)

jackcress wrote:
bump827 wrote:
jackcress wrote:

I worded it that way just in case selling tickets above face value (scalping) was illegal in my state. I doubt it but I really don't know. These tickets were a throw-in for buying the litho so one could say that they cost me nothing. So you give me the cash and you have my word that I will make a donation to a no-kill shelter. The tax deduction never even occurred to me, I just want to help feed some dogs with some money I otherwise would not have.

So why not accept a check made out to the charity? Forgive me but I'm a skeptic. Three posts and all on this topic. If I was going to pay above face (in this case zero) I'd want the deduction. Unless I'd get that I'd call it scalping. And you never answered my question - is the ENTIRE amount being donated?

Alan

8 (edited by conorb 2013-04-17 19:39:51)

I know Jack personally and he's as good as they come.

We meet at the Portland show a couple of years ago and he's just a top notch guy.

If he says the money is going to charity (and I understand the skepticism) then it'll go to charity.

He emailed me earlier about the tickets and it was my suggestion for him to bring them here to the forum.

As a show of good faith; I'll donate matching funds to a local dog adoption agency here in my area.

We adopted our dog, Gus, from the Pet Adoption Network about 7 months ago and I'd be happy to send them a donation to help other sheltered/needy dogs.

Pet Adoption Network: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OR84.html

Our adopted dog Gus:
http://vendettacycles.com/pics/ruthie/m9-4.jpg
http://vendettacycles.com/pics/ruthie/gus-002.jpg

Conor

9 (edited by bump827 2013-04-17 19:39:54)

conorb wrote:

We meet at the Portland show a couple of years ago and he's just a top notch guy.

If he says the money is going to charity (and I understand the skepticism) then it'll go to charity.

He emailed me earlier about the tickets and it was my suggestion for him to bring them here to the forum.

Conor

In that case can YOU explain why someone would give him cash? And not accept a check made out to the charity?

Alan

bump827 wrote:
conorb wrote:

Conor

In that case can YOU explain why someone would give him cash?

I can't explain it.  All I'm saying is that I know Jack and he's a good guy.  If YOU don't want to give him cash - then don't.

It's your choice.  You can choose not to participate.

Conor

conorb wrote:
bump827 wrote:
conorb wrote:

Conor

I can't explain it.  All I'm saying is that I know Jack and he's a good guy.  If YOU don't want to give him cash - then don't.

Conor

So let me rephrase. Why would anyone want to pay more than face and not get the deduction or credit? If you can't answer would you be willing to give ME cash for a local Brooklyn Bridge? I can get a host of friends to attest I'm honest.

Alan

bump827 wrote:
conorb wrote:
bump827 wrote:

Conor

So let me rephrase. Why would anyone want to pay more than face and not get the deduction or credit? If you can't answer would you be willing to give ME cash for a local Brooklyn Bridge? I can get a host of friends to attest I'm honest.

Titanium, it is not that complicated.  I have tickets. You want them, give me money. You're from Jersey anyway, let it go.

13 (edited by bump827 2013-04-17 21:03:50)

jackcress wrote:
bump827 wrote:
conorb wrote:

Conor

So let me rephrase Jackass. Why would anyone want to pay more than face and not get the deduction or credit? If you can't answer would you be willing to give ME cash for a local Brooklyn Bridge? I can get a host of friends to attest I'm honest.

Titanium, it is not that complicated.  I have tickets. You want them, give me money. You're from Jersey anyway, let it go.

I don't want them and I'm from NY ahole.  Am I making fun of wherever you're from? Which isn't listed on your profile.  . All i did is ask a rational question you or your "friend" refuse to answer.  Buh bye. And good luck with your scam - the true you has obviously come out

Alan

bump827 wrote:
jackcress wrote:
bump827 wrote:

So let me rephrase Jackass. Why would anyone want to pay more than face and not get the deduction or credit? If you can't answer would you be willing to give ME cash for a local Brooklyn Bridge? I can get a host of friends to attest I'm honest.

I don't want them and I'm from NY ahole.  Am I making fun of wherever you're from? Which isn't listed on your profile.  . All i did is ask a rational question you or your "friend" refuse to answer.  Buh bye. And good luck with your scam - the true you has obviously come out

A little defensive there are we? Although there may be many reasons to make fun of Jersey (Sea Bright, look to the upper left of this post), these tickets are in Phoenix. So we've got a guy who calls me jackass and ahole and can't understand what has been clearly explained. Time to hit the ignore button.

Conor, I've gotten a few calls from local fans who just want to go to the show and have the time of their lives.  This will all work out fine.

I will not judge this forum based on this thread. Every message board has it's trolls, even apparently, one so righteously devoted to the best guitarist on the planet. We all have a common love, let's show it.

Hey 827, your attitude on here lately is uncalled for. This forum has moderators, you are not one of them. If you don't like a topic, then ignore it. If you feel this thread is a scam, then simply report it and let it go.

Jack, thanks for the comments and I apologize for the vitriol.  Not something I've seen in the past among our small group of Bonamassa fans here on the forum.

I'm sure you'll find a good home for the tickets and the lucky recipients will, as you say, have the time of their lives.

Conor

Reported as scam

Alan

I don't know if it is a scam. Conorb vouching for the guy is good enough for me. I don't think he was making fun of where you are from more logistics would prevent you from making the purchase. He already has made arrangements to redeem the tickets in Phoenix. So it is his call whether he chooses to sell them or not. I don't think it matters what he does with the money. They are his to do with what he wants. Selling above face value is frowned on here. That would be my only concern. He posted the availability of his tickets and contact info. Nothing more needs to be said.