Topic: To all in Germay

Hey Everybody,
            I am very sorry about all the confusion about the German Dates.  The thing that happened was the promoter of the dates rushed to put them on sale to get us to come.  We never told them we could do this.  We never confirmed them but he put them on sale.  I am so sorry about this.  The promoter is not being honest and its very unfortunate.  We didnt cancel the shows... We never booked the shows to begin with..  My appologies to all who got tickets in advance. I really hate the fact that guy did that..  just crazy... Joe Bonamassa

Re: To all in Germay

Geez does that mean you are not doing my mid summer backyard barbecue show either??

I booked you for that one myself........

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

thanks for the explanation.

well, ...don't know what to say...

hope you come soon to germany for some shows (without any pressure)!!!

Issy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TTKfPzkN0  BCC - Song of yesterday live !

The Thing is that this promoter isnt the one we work with there.  He wanted to do shows and thought that would be the best way to get us is to pressure us and sell it before confirming with our agent in London.  He did the same  thing to Jonny Winter  I think.. Anyway its a bad situation.. Joe Bonamassa

Well, strange... How come that these German tour dates were mentioned here on your official site for quite some time??? Or was I dreaming or drunk or...???

Dear Joe,

It's very honest to react so soon, I still think it's a strange story. Those shows were on your tourpage for months so why not skipping it earlier?
I don't know anything about promoters but as you said: very strange.
You do come to Bospop and Paradiso, aren't you. Have my tickets for those shows too.
Hope to see you and enjoy your music there, it''s still the best I know and nothing can change that!!

Andre Wittebroek.

This is what the Colos-Saal webpage is running right now (Google Tanslation):

"31.05.2007 Eric Sardinas & Gwyn Ashton play without Bonamassas participation

Joe Bonamassa called its participation off in the Guitar Heroes festival - so far announced for 26.06.07 - under fadenscheinigen reasons. The Colos hall decided, the concert not completely too canceln, because the two other artists have also their attractions.
Eric Sardinas and Gwyn Ashton follow their contractual obligations and step with us on the same day in a double concert up naturally to reduced admission fees.
All tickets spent so far can be given in the booking offices back, in which they were bought.
For the double concert there is new maps and our reservation possibility under program and ticket."

Maybe some of our German-speaking friends can contact the webmaster
http://www.colos-saal.de/ and click Kontakt link, and set them straight so they can perhaps prephrase their announcement.

Just like I said earlier there is always two sides to a story.  Nice of Joe to clarify things.

Music is good for the Soul...

Stu Craig wrote:

This is what the Colos-Saal webpage is running right now (Google Tanslation):

Maybe some of our German-speaking friends can contact the webmaster
http://www.colos-saal.de/ and click Kontakt link, and set them straight so they can perhaps prephrase their announcement.

ok,done. i wrote a mail with the quotation and the link and some kind words to this page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TTKfPzkN0  BCC - Song of yesterday live !

Our office made a mistake by post the german "offers" on our site.  We took them down when we saw that we made a mistake.  They simply put the not confirmed offers up.  We 99.9 percent of the time wait until we have confirmation on the dates before posting them.  On this occasion our office made a mistake.  Thats why they were posted.. They have been down for sometime. 
By the way on a personal level I think Fabulous concerts and Colosaal did was STUPID and DISGUSTING and caused my girlfriend and myself alot of grief today. I feel they both should apologize to my girlfriend Lea (of 3 and a half years) for what they said.  I'll tell her not hold her breath waiting ... But it needed to be said. 
Honestly I feel so burned by these shows.. I may actually take a break from touring Germany.  If anybody can do this and put shows on sale without confirmation and put me in this positon.  If this is the way people do buisness there then count me out.. I dont need this in my life.  I enjoy touring Germany but not at this cost.

Very Disgusted...
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Our office made a mistake by post the german "offers" on our site.  We took them down when we saw that we made a mistake.  They simply put the not confirmed offers up.  We 99.9 percent of the time wait until we have confirmation on the dates before posting them.  On this occasion our office made a mistake.  Thats why they were posted.. They have been down for sometime. 
By the way on a personal level I think Fabulous concerts and Colosaal did was STUPID and DISGUSTING and caused my girlfriend and myself alot of grief today. I feel they both should apologize to my girlfriend Lea (of 3 and a half years) for what they said.  I'll tell her not hold her breath waiting ... But it needed to be said. 
Honestly I feel so burned by these shows.. I may actually take a break from touring Germany.  If anybody can do this and put shows on sale without confirmation and put me in this positon.  If this is the way people do buisness there then count me out.. I dont need this in my life.  I enjoy touring Germany but not at this cost.

Very Disgusted...
Joe Bonamassa

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Jane H. wrote:

hey Patty , that sounds like BonAmore! and that is Another Kind of Love!
bummer Joe and Lea.
wish I was in Virginia Beach right now - hope you're catching a few chilly waves

Nope, it's actually an empathetic luv today.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Joe ('s webmaster)

it is a pitty that things turned out the way they did. Indeed many fans are dissapointed now (Dutch, German, Austrian, Eskimo, Arapaho whatever) and for us simple fans it doesnot really matters who to blame. But i must confess that the language you use in your commends are food for thinking.

Anyhow, no Germany this time but as a dutch Bonamassa fan I ask you one thing. There is a lot of talk about a forthcoming gig in Paradiso Amsterdam (October). So far there is no anouncement of that show on this site. THEREFORE, CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM BY RETURN THAT THIS AMSTERDAM GIG IS GENUINE SO I CAN BUY MY TICKETS TO SEE THE GREATEST GUITAR PLAYER ON EARTH?

much obliged,
Jan Meijer
The Hague Holland

It all sounds like a big misunderstanding to me.  That was a major screwup to have those dates posted on this site.  But, having said that, we're all human and we all make mistakes.  I say kudoes to Joe for standing up to these creepazoids that think that can  pressure artists into playing by selling tickets to shows they haven't even agreed to play.  Then, making up stupid stories to hurt the artist when they don't cave. 

I feel bad for our German friends that were looking forward to hearing Joe play.  That has to be a big disappointment.  I've said this before, and I'll say it again.  I've been to many concerts and seen many different artists and I've never seen anyone that seems to care any more about their fans than Joe Bonamassa.   

Don't let them discourage you Joe.  Go give your fans your usual great show tonight!

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

susan wrote:

It all sounds like a big misunderstanding to me.  That was a major screwup to have those dates posted on this site.  But, having said that, we're all human and we all make mistakes.  I say kudoes to Joe for standing up to these creepazoids that think that can  pressure artists into playing by selling tickets to shows they haven't even agreed to play.  Then, making up stupid stories to hurt the artist when they don't cave. 

I feel bad for our German friends that were looking forward to hearing Joe play.  That has to be a big disappointment.  I've said this before, and I'll say it again.  I've been to many concerts and seen many different artists and I've never seen anyone that seems to care any more about their fans than Joe Bonamassa.   

Don't let them discourage you Joe.  Go give your fans your usual great show tonight!

Susan

Well said Susan.  Never heard the term creepazoids before!  Something to add to the vocabulary...

Music is good for the Soul...

Hang in there, Joe. We got your back.

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

The Amsterdam show is confirmed.. We'll be there..
Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The Amsterdam show is confirmed.. We'll be there..
Joe Bonamassa

How bout my barbecue??

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do