Re: THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 2

Sounds like you and Helen had a great time! Looking forward to the video!

A big THANKYOU to Rick for keeping us all in the loop with all your Video's smile
As most of us that could not be there you made us feel like we were. I hope you and Helen can enjoy the rest of your vacation and travel home safe and sound.
Thank you again
Jon

Sounds like an amazing night! Here's a tweet from Mr. Bonamassa himself:

Thankful Thankful I am so grateful to the people of London... Tonight at Royal Albert Hall was the best gig I have ever done #joy

RickB wrote:

Sloe Gin on Rory's Strat straight into Just Got Paid on "The Beast". in video processing. A bit shaky in parts as I was fighting for space, but I eventually got right down front for the JGP. 

Lindy Lu got the set list from Arlan and we both got high fives from him. big_smile Helen got Joe's pick. big_smile big_smile
It will take most of 5 hours to upload so have patience, it is 22 minutes of good stuff.
Rick

Can't wait to see it! Helen got Joe's pick! How cool! So glad it was a success! Thanks for all you do to keep us updated

BOJH with Rory's Strat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r09K53cMM6Y

...using camera with broken LCD screen and between some hairy heads but not bad!? ...and i was soooo far away! ....3rd row! lol ...oh boy.i have been spoilt rotten! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

24 (edited by cathysiler 2013-03-30 23:36:55)

Pete The Cabby wrote:

BOJH with Rory's Strat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r09K53cMM6Y

...using camera with broken LCD screen and between some hairy heads but not bad!? ...and i was soooo far away! ....3rd row! lol ...oh boy.i have been spoilt rotten! wink

Seriously, the BEST version I've ever seen/heard of this song!!  Thanks Pete!! Special night smile

...special night? ...boy oh boy!!! ...Joe brought the house down to a frolicking orgy of blues rock passion... never must he accuse Arlan of causing pandemonium... because our boy is the chief protagonist going by tonights performance... Just Got Paid was MADNESS in the most positive sense! ...Joe was F****** KNACKERED!!!! ...post a pic of you and Bauer on the beach back home when you get a chance Joe! ...amazing week in more ways i can ever express fully!

R. Buckminster Fuller

#1JBFAN wrote:

A big THANKYOU to Rick for keeping us all in the loop with all your Video's smile
As most of us that could not be there you made us feel like we were. I hope you and Helen can enjoy the rest of your vacation and travel home safe and sound.
Thank you again
Jon

AND a huge thanks to Pete for his late night candle burning in order to offer vids. wink

Sloe Gin with the Strat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qI7YD2vEc

R. Buckminster Fuller

...stonkin stuff... that power house behind the train! ...Last Kiss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jPJ9k3jHng

...and one last kiss for Joe! ...thanks so much! ...yep! ...the bottle of Merlot is empty! ...nite nite!!

R. Buckminster Fuller

29 (edited by cathysiler 2013-03-31 00:40:25)

Thanks again Pete!! Since it's almost dawn, enjoy that sleep. We are forever in debt to you!!! xxx And you can't have Eva! She's mine! lol

...it just clicked why we had 3 BOJH's.... Joe was perfecting things for the Albert'... he knew he had THE Strat' coming.... and thats why he said... "F*** IT!" at Shepherds Bush! ... God i'm getting slow! ...but probably too much Merlot!? ...nite nite again! ...but might be back yet!? .... hmm

R. Buckminster Fuller

31 (edited by Crave1 2013-03-31 04:40:17)

Big.G wrote:

Not sure Gary Moore ever owned the beast. I think he was just one if many to have had a loan of it from Bernie Marsden.

According to Bernie's interview in guitarist mag (issue 353), the loaned guitar was an SG. Moore asked to borrow "The Beast" but Bernie turned him down with the phrase "No, but I do love a trier"

I think "The Beast" pretty much never left Bernie's side from the mid 70's to present day. Joey B being the only other person to have taken her out in public

Gotta love the history

What a night what a man

What a set list Acoustic set was fantastic and as for the sound !!

Amazed some arrived at 8.00 a guy behind me said I thought that was the support err NO

What a DVD show will be

Thanks Joe one of the best nights out ever

I will be dreaming about that night

just got up after a GREAT day yesterday, - just uploading stuff. will be back soon. I was Tweeting stuff live last night from my seat, - really must get more of you guys using this powerful resource that is perfect for events like this! wink

I have all of JGP including the full team bow, and superb film of the acoustic Black Lung Heartache, and also Anton hammering it out in perfect time, - he is a master of what he does! Also got some pictures of Joe playing "Midnight Blues" on the Greeny/GM LP, - we had a set of binoculars so could see the varnish crack on it when it came on! - Joe also had Bernie's 59 Beast I believe I heard him say. Rory's Strat was out twice I think.

Also , and here is the best news I have a couple of clips from the soundcheck....

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

34 (edited by davidbough 2013-03-31 05:52:17)

What a night..words fail me.

We were in Chior Stall East for the accoustic set but managed to find some empty seats 5 foot from the stage on the side closer than the front row.

As a guitarist to see a genius from that close was a once in a lifetime experiance.

It has to be said I've never seen anyone look so knackered at the end of the gig than Joe.  He sat at the back of the stage by the keyboards after the last song and looked absolutely spent but with a huge grin on his face.

What a gig and what an honour to have been a very small part of the night.

Crave1 wrote:
Big.G wrote:

Not sure Gary Moore ever owned the beast. I think he was just one if many to have had a loan of it from Bernie Marsden.

According to Bernie's interview in guitarist mag (issue 353), the loaned guitar was an SG. Moore asked to borrow "The Beast" but Bernie turned him down with the phrase "No, but I do love a trier"

I think "The Beast" pretty much never left Bernie's side from the mid 70's to present day. Joey B being the only other person to have taken her out in public

Gotta love the history

I've been reading some conflicting reports as to what stars guitars Joe used last night!
Can anyone confirm did he use thee Gary Moore/Peter Green LP???
Bernie Marsdens 'the Beast' has no connection with with GM or PG....

This is definitely not up to Pete's standard, recorded on a little snapshot camera and the first time I have attempted this. A snippet of Just Got Paid from last night:

http://youtu.be/F2Rt2tOVqvc

Thanks to all the forum members for yesterday. Simply the best.