Re: Shepherds Bush Empire

no worries.... Im glad you enjoyed the gig.... We are kind of in new territory here...  the songs run their course....  I have not a clue on the running times of the final show set list..
Thanks..
Horns rule!!
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

no worries.... Im glad you enjoyed the gig.... We are kind of in new territory here...  the songs run their course....  I have not a clue on the running times of the final show set list..
Thanks..
Horns rule!!
Joe B

Thank You. Was also really glad to hear I Got All I Need, unexpected. Look forward immensely to both of the next 2 gigs.

Totally understand...I've seen Joe do those 2 hour plus shows....sweet !! It's just that you can never get enough Joe !! lol..

Murfdog

Well talk about a sharp dressed man!!!  Joe came out tonight with a beautiful red shirt on and had "to die for" gorgeous red shoes!!!  Joe, you looked like a million dollars!!!!!

I thought the show was outstanding and I was very pleased with the setlist.  The trifecta of EPIC songs for me was So Many Roads, The Great Flood, and Asking Around For You.  It was really great that Joe felt so at home with his "favorite band" around him. 

I loved being able to march to a lot of songs, too!  JOE BONAMASSA, YOU ARE DA' BOMB!!!!!!!!  So happy!!!!  See you at show number 3 tomorrow.......Tuesday Michael & I queued up at 12 noon, show started at 8:00, today we slacked a hair and queued up at 2:00, show started at 8:00.........my dogs are barking!!!!

pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Thanks..
Horns rule!!
Joe B

We know the shows are well planned and as long as they need to be wink  Period smile

Patty!! You've been there a matter of days and you've gone cockney!! lol

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

...I have to say for me there is no greater pleasure in life than playing a blues shuffle with horns...
Joe B

And not many things better to listen to either! Still hoping for the BonaBrass tour someday smile .

Lee wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

...I have to say for me there is no greater pleasure in life than playing a blues shuffle with horns...
Joe B

And not many things better to listen to either! Still hoping for the BonaBrass tour someday smile .

+1
And in the USA smile

26 (edited by nmagcorn 2013-03-27 21:56:21)

A video of "You Better Watch Yourself" that I just found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzU9yoMZ … e=youtu.be

and "I Got All You Need"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw1FrO6A70k

...some Joe in horny heaven for you! wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJAmGUYetk

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

Great way to go to bed, thanks muchly, Pete! cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Pete The Cabby wrote:

Thanks Pete! A special song on a special guitar smile You're a gem wink xxx

30 (edited by Pete The Cabby 2013-03-27 23:28:47)

...The Great Flood in about 10 mins in case anyone is thinking of doing something stupid like go to bed!? wink

...ok,here ya go! The Great Flood like ya never heard it! wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnj9hLUVFX0

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

Horny heaven for everyone! Joe at his absolute best! Brilliantly captured Pete!

Thanks Joe. Best gig I have ever been to bar none. Thanks for the videos as well P the C, great way to wake up with a coffee on a beautiful sunny morning up here. Looking forward to Saturday with great anticipation.

1hr 45 mins is a good length show.  However.......

For those of us who (for work reasons) couldn't get there until 8:30, 1hr 15 mins is too short.  The venue was also overcrowded in my opinion.

My verdict (for what it's worth)  - good show but it started and finished too early.  (The venue curfew is 11pm I believe).  Sorry to say I left last night feeling disappointed and underwhelmed.

I was there last night. Great show, really enjoyed it
The 1h 45 mins just flew by

Im confused by the people saying that the venue was too overcrowded. We turned up at 7 by which time the doors were already open and we strolled down to within about 3 or 4 rows from the front and it didnt feel too crowded during the gig. I have been to many gigs that felt more overcrowded than that. My only complaint would be the drunken **** who I had to have 'a quiet word' with, the security guys dealt with him anyway :-)

From where we were standing we couldnt hear too much of the horn section but we had a good view and enjoyed a great show

I could use a little more cowbell

I have to say I enjoyed being in the standing area (and by choice as I could have gone in the balcony) as it made it feel like being in the sweaty blues clubs back in the day. The "problems" I think were more towards the back of the standing area by the sound desk. I was literally pushed over by someone forcing their way through and almost fell onto a couple who were stood behind me but luckily I managed to grab the sound desk enclosure edge. We had all been in position there since 7, when it was quiet, but when the latecomers arrived they just tried to squeeze into the middle section through the sides and, with others heading back to the bar/toilets, it just caused more problems. Maybe they should issue a pair of incontinenece pants with the tickets for those who can't hold it anymore! lol

I think we've been spoiled by Joe playing 2 hours plus every night on previous tours. 1hr 45mins is a good length for a gig, especially with no intermission. Some bands will play that long and have 15mins off stage in the middle of it.

I think 8pm is a perfectly acceptable time to start the gig. If you're opening doors at 6:30 or 7 or whatever, you can't expect people to hang around for hours with no support act. 8pm is a perfect time, as it gets the gig done and you home fairly early. If you can't make it until later, either accept that the gig will have started, or don't go smile

Looks another incredible gig, roll on tonight and Saturday!

18th October 2011 - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff