Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Badger wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:
dthomas22 wrote:

Great point !!!!!!

Yeah. I don't know what JB takes as his bottom line, but if my wages had risen 66% in a year then I'd be a lot happier than I am, what with having 1.5% over the last three years.

I'm a Management Accountant I can't see anything that warrants such a rise in prices (from £50 to £83 for top tickets) between two years.
If you told most people you were gong to see Joe Bonamassa they'd say "Joe Who" if you then said that you'd paid £83 for a ticket they'd say "You're 'avin a Giraffe"

Love it, but you're cattled and 'ave your bottle kicked up and down the apples by a few people on here for saying things like that (if only they knew what the hell you were talking about)

Last time I saw Bad Co. the tickets were $45.00 and that was 3 years ago.  They have always kept their prices reasonable.  Paul was in Reno and it was $100.00 and that was for New Year's Eve.

I am just saying Paul Rodgers and Bad Co. have tried to keep their prices reasonable and do rarely, try to up the ante.  I am one of the biggest Paul Rodger's fans around and their is a limit to what I would pay.  That is exactly why I am a big fan of his, because he doesn't charge a lot.  And this way I got to see him over 50 times.

I am surprised it is that much without Skynyrd.  There are some lawn seats for Bad. Co./Skynyrd here for $36.00.  That is how much I paid for the Eagles by themselves over 15 years ago, the ones who really are the ones that began jacking up the prices for almost every show.

Joe puts on a great show and the ones who are going are kind enough to post about it.  It was nice of him to post the costs of a show to give an understanding of what his costs are.  I think that helps with the original poster and all us others here.

Concerts are a bit pricey these days and people have to pick and choose which ones they can go to.
Some people have more money than others, so that makes their choice an easier one.

Like someone pointed out, their are a number of act in clubs that could use the support.  So for people who can't go to a bigger concert, there is that alternative. 

As much as a Paul Rodgers fan that I am, I am not going to say I will pay whatever you charge.
Like I said before, for $200.00 for anybody to see for a few hours, ain't happening for me and I wouldn't want it for anyone else even if I could pay it.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

NickSlikk2112 wrote:

...If you told most people you were gong to see Joe Bonamassa they'd say "Joe Who" if you then said that you'd paid £83 for a ticket they'd say "You're 'avin a Giraffe"

...firstly,its more probably Bona-who and secondly,its £21.50 to go stare at a Giraffe that cant play a note! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:

...If you told most people you were gong to see Joe Bonamassa they'd say "Joe Who" if you then said that you'd paid £83 for a ticket they'd say "You're 'avin a Giraffe"

...firstly,its more probably Bona-who and secondly,its £21.50 to go stare at a Giraffe that cant play a note! wink

lol

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I have somehow bought 7 tickets to see Joe this year help me!!!

Coach305 wrote:

The inflation rate in the U.S. hasn't done much damage to buying power for some years now (you can use this to see how much: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ ), but the same can't be said for Britain and other countries in Europe as the Euro-Crisis-of-the-Week has been unfolding...

To the extent that such things influence YOUR buying power, don't forget that those same factors also affect Joe's (he doesn't get to pay in magic beans to put on his tour, after all; venues want money, transport companies want money, the folks in the band and the road crew want money, etc.).

Sometimes we let our emotions cloud our minds when thinking about economic matters. In an even relatively free market (which the U.S. and Europe are), a good or service will rise in price until it meets resistance, and then it will quickly find an equilibrium. It will not stay at that level for long, though, as at the new price demand will gradually increase again, and we repeat the cycle. That is the way the world works, always has been in this country, and for quite some time in Europe...

I just recently turned 60. If I go to the local grocery store and ask for a lower price for milk (and milk prices here in Iowa at least have gone a little nuts recently) because I've been loyally drinking it for longer than most of their other customers...   wink

All Joe owes us is his best efforts as an artist. I believe he does that (frankly, the amount of work the man does relative to a lot of his peers blows me away). Speaking for myself, I've never been disappointed, and don't expect to be. But he doesn't owe us a longevity bonus based on when we started following him...

P.S. If anybody makes any cracks about what was life like before milk was invented ('cause at my age, I must have been there when it was) will get a poke in the snout. And I have never raised my price on that...   big_smile

Shu

Very well said Coach...you pretty much summed up my feelings, but much more eloquently than I could have ever done.
I've seen ticket prices go from around $10 to their current $85 to $100 range over the last 8 years. I also have 3 or 4 shows under my belt that I saw for free...yes, that's right...FREE!
I always knew this day was coming and don't begrudge Joe charging what amounts to fair market value.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I have never understood the complaining about the price of tickets, or anything else for that matter.  Interest in Joe is up, costs are up, venues are the same size.  You don't need an MBA to figure out prices will keep rising until venues get larger, interest wanes, or gas becomes free.

Everything is more and it will continue to get worse as countries crank up the printing presses and print more currency.

A report from a friend over there this morning said all but the rear seated and standing sold and total sellout is close on all gigs for the Fall. As has been said before. We all worked and street teamed to see this day. We are seeing it. Joe is red hot. big_smile Market demand sets the price. Some will be left in the dust. So it goes.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

116 (edited by Roo 2013-03-15 13:03:48)

I'm sorry but inflation doesn't explain £35 in 2010 and £75 in 2013.

I'm not coming across as I would like to here, I have just bought tickets to three different venues this year so obviously i'm ok with the price, he is my favourite artist/musician and the reason I play guitar.
I'm just thinking ahead, what will the tickets cost in another three years?

£100 is probably my limit so when it exceeds that, that will be me out not because I wouldn't want to pay it but because I always take someone with me to these shows and probably wouldn't be able to afford it =/

He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink

:00

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

118 (edited by can1208 2013-03-15 13:40:34)

Roo wrote:

I'm just thinking ahead, what will the tickets cost in another three years?

smile smile Ask Ticket-retard and the touts that question smile smile Those rascals can probably predict better......

Seriously, this thread has become a seven-headed hydra. It's not just supply and demand; it's also the cost of the entire production, as has been said numerous times. In addition, enormous travel costs. Criss-cross the globe with an entire professional cast of musicians and gear. No 'gold-plated' wheelchairs required! HA HA HA to you Lady GooGoo......

lol lol And most importantly, to allow Joe to have his favorite bottle of wine at every venue lol lol

And it's not Yellow Tail or Fat YOUCANTSAYTHATHERE...

lol lol As Rocket re-iterated, even with that full glass o'wine, he don't charge for no mistakes...no sirreeee lol lol

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

Roo wrote:

Spot On.

I think there was a post earlier in this thread alluding to the difference in opinions between Americans and British on this matter. From my experience on Rush forums the average Seppo is much more likely to be a rose-spectacle wearing, their idol can do no wrong fanboi and the average Brit is likely to be a full on cynic.

Still once Joe's career is on the wane I'll start going to see his shows again, five years time £25 at Sheffield Corporation, that'll do me.

NickSlikk2112 wrote:
Roo wrote:

Spot On.

I think there was a post earlier in this thread alluding to the difference in opinions between Americans and British on this matter. From my experience on Rush forums the average Seppo is much more likely to be a rose-spectacle wearing, their idol can do no wrong fanboi and the average Brit is likely to be a full on cynic.

Still once Joe's career is on the wane I'll start going to see his shows again, five years time £25 at Sheffield Corporation, that'll do me.

Not that I've been counting, but I'm not seeing that ratio here. I see plenty of Brits jumping to Joe's defense.
The differences in opinion here seem (to me) to be based on people who are willing to pay Joe's current prices and those who are not (or those who pay them begrudgingly).

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:
Roo wrote:

Spot On.

Not that I've been counting, but I'm not seeing that ratio here. I see plenty of Brits jumping to Joe's defense.
The differences in opinion here seem (to me) to be based on people who are willing to pay Joe's current prices and those who are not (or those who pay them begrudgingly).

I will once again illustrate the argument of price increase due to not only inflation but the cost of overhead from let's say 2010. I will use the US as that is the region of the world I relate to.

In 2010 was the first show they rolled into my town with their own production. Sound and lights. One truck one bus. One tour manager/FOH engineer. One Production assistant tech one light tech. Three backline techs.

Now 2 production trucks and soon 3 buses in the US there were just two but I know they were having to add a bus because the crew bus was maxed out. Joe doesn't use a star bus which many acts use he would rather have the crew be comfortable than him. 

Now there is a tour manager and a FOH engineer and a Production Manager along with a systems tech monitor engineer and light tech and soon to be an assistant. Merchandise manager and assistant. So the crew has doubled in size which means costs doubled. The sound system to fill the size venues he is playing has had to increase. I'm guessing that cost doubled as well. So you see it isn't inflation it is costs. Then you consider the cost of the investment outlay to advertise and pay deposits on the rooms and it is staggering what kind of money is tied up in a tour months in advance. I know I know people say I bought my ticket in advance too, but that money isn't in Joe's bank it is in the ticket sellers account.

However the prices really haven't gone up that much in the US in 2010 the tickets were nearly the same as in 2012 but the crowds doubled so they didn't really have to raise ticket prices as they were increasing revenue with attendance.

So This discussion will end now the question has been answered numerous times down to old topics it will go. Time for some more drama I guess. Jimmy Page in BCC. You have to be kidding.