Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

helrazr84 wrote:

Fair enough. I agree, I also would have worded it differently much like "any insight on ticket pricing" or something similar. I just try and give people the benefit of the doubt unless its obvious someone is just boneheaded.

+1 from me. IMHO  It's difficult, at best, to communicate your intent in words. Many can be read in various ways. Like them, or not, emoticons help. However, there is a constant complaint that all we do is kiss Joe's bottom. So let's not jump down a member's throat if they voice a complaint, even if we don't like the way it's worded.  Cathy

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

The more controversal the topic,
the more posts seem to be generated
whether in agreement or not.
That is why we have a forum.
This topic was a question, not a statement.

Lester

He took it all too far,
but boy, could he play guitar.

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Don't chew. Forget about ME! roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A


Rock Dose Blues & Keep the Finenatural [sic] Faith,
Rocket smile

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Rush..does 14k. (

Not in my back yard - Sheffield - they do just over 6k. But if half house costs the same that'll be  why Ray Danniel$ still goes for a full Arena set up at the Motorpoint.

I used to do multiple Rush shows a tour, at these prices it's one.
I used to do one Joe Show a tour, this time it's none.

Be interesting to see the price elasticity of demand.

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Very gracious of Joe to chime in.  Not surprising.  But it's a little embarrassing his fans question his integrity on his own site.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

LOL - the last two times I've seen Joe, my effective ticket price has been $1500+ on each occasion, once airline tickets, hotel accommodation etc. were factored in.  Each of us have a 'magic number' that is still considered a reasonable threshold price to pay for an artist we want to see.

Fair market forces are in play.  As long as people will pay the price then it is 'market price'.  As soon as seat occupancy starts to dip below 70% or so then it is time to re-evaluate pricing or reconsider touring.  I don't think Joe has hit that scenario yet...

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

97 (edited by DougH 2013-03-14 05:02:06)

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

NickSlikk2112 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Rush..does 14k. (

Not in my back yard - Sheffield - they do just over 6k. But if half house costs the same that'll be  why Ray Danniel$ still goes for a full Arena set up at the Motorpoint.

I used to do multiple Rush shows a tour, at these prices it's one.
I used to do one Joe Show a tour, this time it's none.

Be interesting to see the price elasticity of demand.



I live in Rush's "back yard" they sent an email for pre-sales tickets to their show.. $250.. and up
they've sold out the venue (a stadium).
(that's what the loyalty fans get for the first 13 rows; of course back of the stadium is lower)

I see Joe (2hr -1way drive from me in May) for what I hope is 2nd row centre for $80 each.. and I'm quite happy with that.

I for one don't want Joe doing 1hr 30 min show so he can 'show case' a up and coming local band.
I like Joe coming out at 8pm, plays to 9pm band takes a 5min break and he tells us one of his 'on the road' stories and he doesn't even take a drink of water all this time.
Then the band comes back plays till 10pm
then we stand on our feet for 5min, he and the band come back and play another 15-20min

Couldn't get any better than that.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

DougH wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Rush..does 14k. (

Not in my back yard - Sheffield - they do just over 6k. But if half house costs the same that'll be  why Ray Danniel$ still goes for a full Arena set up at the Motorpoint.

I used to do multiple Rush shows a tour, at these prices it's one.
I used to do one Joe Show a tour, this time it's none.

Be interesting to see the price elasticity of demand.



I live in Rush's "back yard" they sent an email for pre-sales tickets to their show.. $250.. and up
they've sold out the venue (a stadium).

I see Joe (2hr -1way drive from me in May) for what I hope is 2nd row centre for $80 each.. and I'm quite happy with that.

I for one don't want Joe doing 1hr 30 min show so he can 'show case' a up and coming local band.
I like Joe coming out at 8pm, plays to 9pm band takes a 5min break and he tells us one of his 'on the road' stories and he doesn't even take a drink of water all this time.
Then the band comes back plays till 10pm
then we stand on our feet for 5min, he and the band come back and play another 15-20min

Couldn't get any better than that.

:win

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Never!   

Ticket prices for class acts are not cheap anymore.  I have to pick and choose what shows I plan to see.  Joe is a definate must see.  I have 9 months to save up.

___________________________________________________________________________
It's You, It's Me, Together It's WE

100

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Joe is spot on. I, like some others on here, have had the honour of being present during the set up of two shows - one in Newcastle in a small, but still large venue and last year at an 11,000 seat arena, which Joe chose to trim in size to 3,500 seats - despite having to pay for the whole arena. To get an idea on the size of the task in hand check out the time lapse I shot of this event - you can skip to 2.50 to miss out my no apologies Liverpool promo. But it adds to the theme.

Liverpool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplmwkLC … p;index=17

Newcastle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vggbjjgc … p;index=39

Geoff O

Visit my Casino Images website http://www.casino-images.com/

101

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Just got two tickets to see Bad Co. (without Lynard Skynard) at the county fairgrounds outdoor venue, seated. $302! That is about $100 more than two to see Joe.
Nuff said.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

As a professional, I look at it differently, I am a man that works with my hands and fingers. I make very  good money. But in my line of work my hands will have a very short life span. I make what I can now because who will  be there for me when I can't perform?  First off I hope Joe plays til he is 80.   But you can only move fingers that fast for so long, arthritis, joint pain etc is a no brainier for Joe's future. Although he seems invincible up on that stage , he isn't.    What I am saying is just like a neurosurgeon, your professional life span can be short, make it while you can today, because when the lights die down, it's going to be for your future also.

103 (edited by Jane H. 2013-03-14 07:15:29)

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Rick, i hear the give a discount if you spell their name correctly. lol I know i am not the best speller but the Skynyrd thing just gets under my skin everytime

104 (edited by RickB 2013-03-14 07:35:23)

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Jane H. wrote:

Rick, i hear the give a discount if you spell their name correctly. lol I know i am not the best speller but the Skynyrd thing just gets under my skin everytime

Jane H. wrote:

Rick, i hear the give a discount if you spell their name correctly. lol I know i am not the best speller but the Skynyrd thing just gets under my skin everytime

Dyslexic fingers strike! roll

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Geoff -

Thanks for the videos. Very cool insight into the setup. Also makes me glad that I'm still able to see him in small venues here. I'm definitely not looking forward to the day he moves into larger arenas here.

To add on to some of the posts about putting things into perspective: I paid $7.50 to $10.00 to see my first Van Halen, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, etc shows. Don't expect to pay that now (or 10 years ago), though smile  Joe's been doing this for over 20 years now. Hell, If I was making the same money at my job that I was making 20 years ago, I'd Quit! smile

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

jddarden wrote:

Geoff -

Thanks for the videos. Very cool insight into the setup. Also makes me glad that I'm still able to see him in small venues here. I'm definitely not looking forward to the day he moves into larger arenas here.

To add on to some of the posts about putting things into perspective: I paid $7.50 to $10.00 to see my first Van Halen, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, etc shows. Don't expect to pay that now (or 10 years ago), though smile  Joe's been doing this for over 20 years now. Hell, If I was making the same money at my job that I was making 20 years ago, I'd Quit! smile

Great point !!!!!!

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

RickB wrote:

Just got two tickets to see Bad Co. (without Lynard Skynard) at the county fairgrounds outdoor venue, seated. $302! That is about $100 more than two to see Joe.
Nuff said.
Rick

You only have yourself to blame for that lol
Like all of those "classic rock" stars, Bad Co (or Paul Rodgers Inc as I like to call them) are just out there to upgrade their retirement fund.

Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

dthomas22 wrote:
jddarden wrote:

Geoff -

Thanks for the videos. Very cool insight into the setup. Also makes me glad that I'm still able to see him in small venues here. I'm definitely not looking forward to the day he moves into larger arenas here.

To add on to some of the posts about putting things into perspective: I paid $7.50 to $10.00 to see my first Van Halen, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, etc shows. Don't expect to pay that now (or 10 years ago), though smile  Joe's been doing this for over 20 years now. Hell, If I was making the same money at my job that I was making 20 years ago, I'd Quit! smile

Great point !!!!!!

Yeah. I don't know what JB takes as his bottom line, but if my wages had risen 66% in a year then I'd be a lot happier than I am, what with having 1.5% over the last three years.

I'm a Management Accountant I can't see anything that warrants such a rise in prices (from £50 to £83 for top tickets) between two years.
If you told most people you were gong to see Joe Bonamassa they'd say "Joe Who" if you then said that you'd paid £83 for a ticket they'd say "You're 'avin a Giraffe"