Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Schritzer wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to rant quite so much, but this kinda thing annoys me on a personal level....you'd never guess though right? smile

Well, it was a little subtle, but folks here in Bona-Nation are pretty sharp, too...   big_smile

Shu

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Hey.....If you can't afford it....too bad....Joe has earned the right to charge what he needs to.......Like Patty said about all the people who have seen Joe for 20 bucks...thanks for those great cheap shows...he coulda charged more back then!!!!......I saw Joe in Delaware in '08....front row $48!!! that same tour a few days earlier a third row ticket in NJ was $80....there are so many factors dictating the costs............all i know is i get a fantastic show from the greatest guitarist on the planet.....and oh yeah....I doubt Joe will EVER lose touch with his fans!!! It's hard to explain to people how someone so talented and famous with so many things going on....would actually give you the time of day and carry on a conversation with you.  God Bless Joe Bonamassa!!!!!!

once cathy wrote something here that works for me............................i cant go to see him several times a year, but save some money when he comes and enjoy that evening. thats what i did last monday and i still enjoy it.
me too, i think he is getting real expensive, but its everybody decision to go or not to go. i didnt go to munic 2 years ago, cause of the prices and was very very upset about that.
sometimes i got to be a bit crazy and thats what it is for some other people if they hear what i pay for tickets and how far i go sometimes to see bands.
Thomas

76 (edited by Michael 2013-03-13 09:50:42)

good topic i guess with many answers on a lively debate

Ridiculous Question ?      Joe .... never  unless his ADD has got worse  :cool

he adores his fans, its just volume and capacity to the growing numbered shows

i guess you could argue ... multiple shows at town/cities smaller venues, but joe's done that for 20 years and would be a substandard lighting sound visual show ... let him him have some nice food and toilet facilities for a change lol   
The Royal Albert Hall show of 2009 seats were £45 sounds like the best value ever now
you see the breakdown of travelling around the world with crew gear hotels food trucks buses etc .
and the venues and tickets outlets taking they're added on slice .... it aint Joe fleeceing ya .. he give 110%

rant over, had to step in on this one  wink

Michael

ps ....   talking of Plumbers prices ... wink     if youre having trouble with your plumbing in The Malibu/LA area around december to february time you can get cheap reduced repairs done by
The Bona & Mario Brothers Plumbing Co ..... They can take away The Blues from your Flues LOL
only to fund for more flashy lighting and better stage shows        Joe has the plumbers cap you see
:cool   
i feel a plumbers top 10 coming on

lighten up folks

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

As a new fan I cannot understand the notion that an artist is too "expensive" for his fans. He's become known and draws larger crowds. If you think something is too expensive, don't buy it. I cannot fathom going on the artists site and complaining. Just stay home. And to find some other band playing for peanuts.  Yeah I saw Muddy Waters and Bonnie Raitt for $1.50 - 40 years ago!

Alan

YorkieDav wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

First of all... Let me say.... Yes they are expensive...  But if anybody thinks every penny goes into my pocket here is the deal...

The touring cost have gone up especially in Europe and the Uk....

Arena Cost.. We play half house arenas... They dont care... Charge us for the whole house..

(snip..)

Joe B

I don't think that anyone thought Joe trousered the whole fee, got paid with sacks full of money at the stage door and sleeps on a mattress stuffed with 100's.  If they do, they're missing the point.

It's interesting that most of the, lets say, defensive comments are US based and most of the "How much?!! Jebus!" comments are from Europe (especially UK). Now, I don't know if this is a cultural thing or if times are harder over here but for Joe to mention the touring costs are higher in the EU probably play a significant part too.

My only comment on that is that, if it is more expensive in the UK, why then play in half arenas and pay the whole price they demand which has to be passed on to us? Why not play smaller, cheaper venues (often much nicer atmospheres) to keep everyones costs down? It probably doesn't work like that though. Nothing is ever that simple.

Yes, the costs Joe outlined (didn't have/need to, for me) are as eyewatering as a cattle-prod to the groin, but that's to be expected from such a big operation.  Is bigger better, though?  I'm not convinced it is.

I'd hate for Joe to see all these comments as ungrateful criticism, because they're not.  I'd rather think of it as honest, constructive feedback which is offered without malice or obligation.

LAST PARAGRAPH. I agree. I didn't find any of the original post offensive or bashing. Seems you can't say anything on here if it isn't praise for it is taken as complaining. Even if it was, so what.

To me, naming a thread "Has Joe Forgotten his Fans" is bashing. There are better ways to title something than assuming that Joe doesn't give a damn about his fans anymore.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

80 (edited by jgibbons1685 2013-03-14 13:30:07)

Just to offer my .02 for what it's worth. I attended my first Bonamassa show in November 2012. I paid $120, face value for 3rd row seats (and part of it was the venue jacking the price up for "elite parking and a special pre show bar area". The show blew me away. The sound equipment and the lights were amazing. My only regret is not discovering this guy 10 years ago like most of you when he played in the local blues bars and watch him develop into the "Guitar event of the year" that he is now.

A favorite comedian of mine just announced a show in the same type of venue Joe plays in. I've seen him before. A one man show, a mic stand and a spot light is all he has...$90 for the same seats.

I'm not rich. I don't have money to just throw around. But I will gladly sacrifice a few things to pay that money again to see Joe. It's worth it. Just look at stub hub and eBay. Brokers are actually selling tickets 3 - 4 times face value. That just shows you tickets prices could be much higher and people will still pay it.

To answer the name of this thread.   NO HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN HIS FANS.  or he would not have replied.  you and i all know he monitors all things here.  So don't start a thread that sounds so hateful and then complain if folks reply and disagree.

JOE BONAMASSA, YOU CAN GO ALL NEW YORK ON  US WHENEVER YOU WANT.  Sometimes we need it.  You are simply the best and worth every penny I can afford.

I think Joe posting on here answers the question has he forgot the fans not many artists would reply on forums such as this.  I have bought tickets for Manchester at £85 but they are 2nd row seats.  It is a waste of time being at the back in these large concert halls you end up watching the screens but I think the promoters take a large chunk of the ticket price at these places.  I have read posts on other forums where fans have said they are not going because of the price but I had to buy tickets for the 2nd row thanks to the fans per sale option now I can't wait for the RAH in a couple of weeks and then Manchester in a few months but that's just me.

Deezer wrote:

To me, naming a thread "Has Joe Forgotten his Fans" is bashing. There are better ways to title something than assuming that Joe doesn't give a damn about his fans anymore.

It was more of a question. The original post was politely worded and asked for viewpoints and or reasoning from the rest of the forum. If people viewed it differently, so be it. But I really don't think he was being dickish. Maybe he could have used more tact but he could also have been completely ignorant and offered no insight as to why the topic in the first place.

I just think that asking the question off the bat automatically goes into that realm. There are other ways to bring the topic up. For instance, if I had started this topic, this is the way I would do it: "Higher ticket prices." That's all you have to say. But asking that question at the very beginning puts Joe and everyone else on the defensive. Including me.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Fair enough. I agree, I also would have worded it differently much like "any insight on ticket pricing" or something similar. I just try and give people the benefit of the doubt unless its obvious someone is just boneheaded.

Deezer wrote:

I just think that asking the question off the bat automatically goes into that realm. There are other ways to bring the topic up. For instance, if I had started this topic, this is the way I would do it: "Higher ticket prices." That's all you have to say. But asking that question at the very beginning puts Joe and everyone else on the defensive. Including me.

It's like a relationship conversation at a restaurant, whereas nothing but small talk had been shared, and now that the food is served, one starts a new subject, asking, "What am I to think about _______ (fill in the blank, it's relationship talk!!!)?  Don't you love me anymore"?!  It may be a legitimate subject for discussion, but,...what abut the delivery, let alone the time and place???!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

helrazr84 wrote:

Fair enough. I agree, I also would have worded it differently much like "any insight on ticket pricing" or something similar. I just try and give people the benefit of the doubt unless its obvious someone is just boneheaded.

+1 from me. IMHO  It's difficult, at best, to communicate your intent in words. Many can be read in various ways. Like them, or not, emoticons help. However, there is a constant complaint that all we do is kiss Joe's bottom. So let's not jump down a member's throat if they voice a complaint, even if we don't like the way it's worded.  Cathy

The more controversal the topic,
the more posts seem to be generated
whether in agreement or not.
That is why we have a forum.
This topic was a question, not a statement.

Lester

Don't chew. Forget about ME! roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

Rock Dose Blues & Keep the Finenatural [sic] Faith,
Rocket smile

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Rush..does 14k. (

Not in my back yard - Sheffield - they do just over 6k. But if half house costs the same that'll be  why Ray Danniel$ still goes for a full Arena set up at the Motorpoint.

I used to do multiple Rush shows a tour, at these prices it's one.
I used to do one Joe Show a tour, this time it's none.

Be interesting to see the price elasticity of demand.