19 (edited by Rocket 2013-02-28 04:44:10)

Re: Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening @ Vienna on PBS

RickB wrote:

I'll have to check our local listings again or break out the coat hanger backup antenna with hope that LA signal trickles in.
Rick

San Diego KPBS Saturday, March 9th at 8:00 followed by Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session at 9:00.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

I'll have to check our local listings again or break out the coat hanger backup antenna with hope that LA signal trickles in.
Rick

San Diego KPBS Saturday, March 9th at 8:00 followed by Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session at 9:00.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Thanks Rocket. That is a superb double bill!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Tomorrow night!!

Joe Bonamassa: An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House
Tuesday, March 5, 09:30 pm on MPBN-HD

DVR set and the beers are chillin'. Can't wait!

Concert has been shown a couple of times this past weekend on GPT (Georgia Public TV)...Promoting Joe's November barn storm thru Savannah, Augusta and Atlanta...

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

I caught a bit of the unplugged show on PBS the other night. I heard Woke Up Dreaming & Seagull. Looking forward to the DVD!!

Watched the NY PBS broadcast and very impressed. That's some array of musicians - and guitars!

Alan

Watching the show and lovin it!  I was hoping you could tell me what the percussionist
Was playing that looked like a water bottle of stones !?! Sounded awesome on that song.
So different from Joes blues and rock. This prove he is truly a very gifted musician!!

Showing it in my area on WNIN Friday March 8 at 830 and KET  Saturday March 16 at 10.  Can't wait.

red4blues wrote:

Watching the show and lovin it! I was hoping you could tell me what the percussionist
Was playing that looked like a water bottle of stones
!?! Sounded awesome on that song.
So different from Joes blues and rock. This prove he is truly a very gifted musician!!

From my understanding, that's exactly what it is.

The idiot PBS station in Buffalo is playing it at midnight on 3/23 to basically guarantee themselves no audience. I've emailed with them in the past about playing RAH again and their response was it didn't do well here back when they originally played it so never again. (It was through that showing that I found Joe...as did many others as I understand it). Sonsofbitches. They are such dopes. It seems like they may be the only PBS station in the country that just doesn't get it. If anybody else would like to vent on them for being dopes, here is their email address: http://www.wned.org/ContactForms/Viewer … efault.asp

Street Team Andy wrote:
red4blues wrote:

Watching the show and lovin it! I was hoping you could tell me what the percussionist
Was playing that looked like a water bottle of stones
!?! Sounded awesome on that song.

From my understanding, that's exactly what it is.

I remember this being mentioned in Vienna and Andy is right. He said he made it before a prior show and wasn't sure how people would respond to a bottle of rocks. I guess it all depends on how you use it and if you're Lenny Castro that's not a problem smile      Cathy

norton wrote:

The idiot PBS station in Buffalo is playing it at midnight on 3/23 to basically guarantee themselves no audience. I've emailed with them in the past about playing RAH again and their response was it didn't do well here back when they originally played it so never again. (It was through that showing that I found Joe...as did many others as I understand it). Sonsofbitches. They are such dopes. It seems like they may be the only PBS station in the country that just doesn't get it. If anybody else would like to vent on them for being dopes, here is their email address: http://www.wned.org/ContactForms/Viewer … efault.asp

Sorry to hear this and how odd! But, there's a history with upstate NY. Time to get the Street Team spinning in that area wink Keep the faith, you can say "I told you so!" someday wink   Cathy

Thanks Cathy. I just needed to vent as it is beyond frustrating to see other areas with great PBS times + fund raising features for Joe while my area station wallows in doo wop and Lawrence Welk. Yeesh.

I remember that horrifying review out of Joe's more or less "home" Syracuse paper so you may be on to something about Upstate NY. I saw Joe in Buffalo, Rochester and will be in Albany for his May show (hoping for somewhere close in the fall too). I noticed the Albany PBS channel had Joe's Vienna Concert as its primary fundraiser and ran it a while ago. Perhaps there is hope for some parts of Upstate.

It was so great when I walked into work at the Des Moines Civic Center.....many co-workers said, "Hey, I see where your friend Joe is going to be on TV Thursday night!"   Then they inquired if I was going to work Jekyll & Hyde that night, to which I responded with this...  lol  lol  lol  lol      Just love it when others bring up Joe first!  I think Iowa is ready for another Taste of Joe, for sure!

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  As I was working Jekyll & Hyde tonight, I thought back to May 3 with Joe on stage.......and I looked up to the ceiling and I saw the Mothership.......tell me you saw it when you were there Joe!  wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

be on the local PBS in central Virginia this evening. Joe at the Beacon @ 8, Joe in Vienna 9:30 and then to top it off SRV and Albert King @ 11. Finally something decent to watch on tv.

We're rolling along here in Iowa now...Joe Bonamassa, as always, so very proud of you!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!  It must have really been something to have been there hearing it LIVE! 

JOE BONAMASSA ROCKS ACOUSTICALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

So very happy right now,

smile               pattyluvsjoe          cool

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Watched it here in Illinois tonight on the Quad Cities PBS. Was spectacular. It was annoying hearing that lady pronounce his name wrong the whole and talk about how she left a Joe concert many years ago. Loved Jelly Roll with the banjo player.

Bob Dorr , the other announcer is one heck of a harmonica player and has a great blues voice.  Always enjoyed his band, The Blue Band.  Yeah, the lady was annoying  roll   

I really enjoyed Jelly Roll, too!  Loved it all!  It was a whole different Joe-Experience!

plj

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184