Topic: Is there a list of Joe's guitars and their associated names?

If this has already been posted, please point me in the right direction.

I found out about Major Tom last week and was wonder what the rest were named and/or the origins of those names.

Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES335
Gibson 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus - Tea Burst
Gibson 2009 Songwriter - Acoustic

Re: Is there a list of Joe's guitars and their associated names?

Hey Steve,

Here's what we have so far. Not all of them are named.

9-0829 1959 Les Paul standard.  "Magellan " ( name because it's circled the globe on tour)
9-1951 1959 Les Paul standard. " Principal Skinner" ( originally The Skinner burst, but renamed, I am a huge Simpsons fan)
9-1688 1959 Les Paul standard. "Spot"  ( named because of the unfaded spot on the top, that is now starting to fade a bit)
0-0137 1960 Les Paul standard " Batman" ( named for the factory Bigsby tailpiece under the ABR-1 shaped like wings of a bat)
7-3941 1957 Les Paul standard "Major Tom" ( named after good friend and burst buddy Tom Witrock who sold it to me)

1964 Gibson Firebird 1 " Treasure" ( named for my good friend Dan and his generosity, trust  and for loaning it to me.  And fellow forum member both on the LP Forum and here.. )

That's it so far. 

Joe B.

Thanks for the insight, Joe. Great list!

4 (edited by dknight16 2013-02-03 15:12:16)

I must have been sleeping when you aquired 7-3941.  Shame on me!

Does anyone know the serial number of Joe's other '57 GT (that I just found about via LPF)?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I do......LOL

It's 7-6188

All Mahogony and very light. 

Thanks. Joe B

which 59 was originally purchased in Appleton, WI? I ask because that is my hometown. What was the store's name? Ludwigs? Henri's? Heids?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Is there a picture of Joe's 57? I haven't seen this.

I have one of Major Tom. PM me and I can email it

9 (edited by dknight16 2013-02-06 19:35:10)

You can look up Major Tom on burstserial.com by going to gallery, then 1957, then the serial number.  Sadly, they don't have anything on the all mahogany model.  Perhaps Joe will contribute a picture or two to the website.  It's a great resource.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

This is from Facebook, but maybe the name didn't stick:

Big Red! Officially it's new name! What an awesome name for a killer guitar. 1964 ES-335